Vampi's Art Box

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Vampi's Art Box

Postby Vampi » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:53 am

This is a little thread I'm making that I will probably neglect later. I just wanted people to see the difference between the anime and Asiapac (Wee Tian Beng) versions of the 2 main characters of Return of the Condor Heroes or Legend fo the Condor Hero. Anime is on the right, and Wee's on the left. Obviously the left sides are much more beautiful and more acurate to the novel. (Please don't yell at me at how I do injustice to these companies' artworks)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby Angelchick » Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:04 pm

very nice
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Debitt » Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:25 pm

Wow, those are great~

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby b0redx3 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 7:21 pm

nice sketches~!!
i hope to see more~ ^__^
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Mave » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:59 pm

Vampi wrote:This is a little thread I'm making that I will probably neglect later. I just wanted people to see the difference between the anime and Asiapac (Wee Tian Beng) versions of the 2 main characters of Return of the Condor Heroes or Legend fo the Condor Hero. Anime is on the right, and Wee's on the left. Obviously the left sides are much more beautiful and more acurate to the novel. (Please don't yell at me at how I do injustice to these companies' artworks)

hey hey HEY!!! *waves* So you know Wee Tian Beng's works?? Awesome! Coz I collect and follow up on "The Celestial Zone" his recent works. The reason why I haven't caught up with the Condor Heroes and the Adventures of Wisely is coz the former is quite a long series I believe and the latter coz we can't get it here in the U.S.

oh yes, the artstyle is definitely different but it's beautiful on its own. The fight scenes are especially nice IMO. Pleased to meet someone who knows this Singaporean comic. I do have some fanarts on that style of drawing. ^^
Mave

Postby Vampi » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:35 am

WUH!!!!!! YOU KNOW IT'S SINGAPOREAN?!?!?! keheh..........I'm shocked.....
(Actually.....the Celestial Zone is longer than Return of the Condor Heroes and now there's a Celestial Zone II series....so I dropped it...........but the 2nd series is in COLOR!)

.....and I'm kinda suprised no one has noticed that I spelled "xiao long nu" wrong....

EDIT....MORE ADDED JUNK: This is what happens when I get bored with home work and have been reading too many wuxia stories (and am lazy to do anything nicely....)!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampi

Postby Mave » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:07 am

I know about this coz I'm from Malaysia, Singapore's neighbouring country. And surprisingly, my local comic shop in Michigan actually sells "The Celestial Zone" I only have up to Vol 7 or 8 for CZ 1. I didn't know there's a CZ 2!!! :wow!: I'm really THAT outdated!! *falls over*

The reason why I probably didn't notice the wrong spelling is coz I'm bad at Chinese :red: :red: I should know Chinese but I was brought up in an English speaking Chinese family and ended up being a 'banana.' SIGH. I know a bit of Hokkien, Cantonese and more Mandarin. I'm still learning how speak each of these dialects each day and how to read Chinese [I'm determined to un-bananize myself]..But I'm just not good enough yet. But hey, I can read a bit of your latest artwork.

"It is you [guys]"
"Yes....it is us."

*falls over laughing* I don't even know what were the rest of the comments but I can read 'lao' for old. 0.o

:dance: :dance:

BTW, your art is cool! Please do more...I'll be keeping watch!
Mave

Postby Knives » Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:46 am

Vampi wrote:This is a little thread I'm making that I will probably neglect later. I just wanted people to see the difference between the anime and Asiapac (Wee Tian Beng) versions of the 2 main characters of Return of the Condor Heroes or Legend fo the Condor Hero. Anime is on the right, and Wee's on the left. Obviously the left sides are much more beautiful and more acurate to the novel. (Please don't yell at me at how I do injustice to these companies' artworks)

Nice drawings :thumb:
Knives

Postby Vampi » Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:22 am

I just noticed....I didn't have a translation....so I'll put it here....

Bad Guy: [It] is you guys!
{I thought.....}

Good Guy in front (Zhun): Yes...[It] is us!
Good Guy behind (Gu Jin): {Hey, old trouble!} <-(joke from earlier on in the story)

and the foot is just going "ta" which means stomp.

So, Mave...you're from Malaysia? I'm heading over there for a math competition in about 2 weeks. (And I suppose you can guess I live in Singapore....but I'm not Singaporean....I'm an expat. Kinda strange that a lotta ppl here don't know Wee Tian Beng is Singaporean.....)
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:54 am

Whaha....if anyone actually looks at this thread....QUICK!! WHAT'S YOUR FIRST IMPRESSION??

(They actually have names, color, personalities, history, etc. but I want to see what people think by just lookin at em.....)

EDIT: Krescent Moon mistook the girl for a European foreigner......just to get things a little straighter....she has BLACK hair and brown eyes and the guy has BLOND hair and green eyes........ Not to mention her "coat" is actually a part of old Chinese outfits. Kres....you've insulted me..... That girl was based on my older sister!!!
Vampi

Postby Mave » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:12 am

Ok! *starts timer*

The guy's got the 'main character' look. He's active, alert, friendly, fun loving and adventurous, not afraid to to take risks. He's around early teens, loves games and sports.

The girl's a supporting character..could be his sister or good friend. She looks like she's ready for action and is outspoken. She can defend herself, smart, level headed and brave. Early teens too but maybe a little older than the guy.

*1 minute is over!!!* ^^
Mave

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:47 am

my gosh......mave........you're good.....err, ya, vampi! what mave said is what i think! most of it. ^^ 'cept, the girl looks foreign.....-.- (like from europe............)

EDIT: err....just wanna ask a question cuz i posted a thread like 2 weeks ago but noone even looked at it i guess soooooo~ here's the qn:

in OpenCanvas, is there something like a magic wand tool or polygonal lasso tool to select the area you wanna work on? (the freehand lasso tool is not useful to me.....). thanx in advance! :P
KrescentMoon

SO-rry!

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:08 am

EDIT: Krescent Moon mistook the girl for a European foreigner......just to get things a little straighter....she has BLACK hair and brown eyes and the guy has BLOND hair and green eyes........ Not to mention her "coat" is actually a part of old Chinese outfits. Kres....you've insulted me..... That girl was based on my older sister!!![/QUOTE]

but it's not like i really saw Joyce that much! how am i supposed to know?! ¬¬ *sigh* i'll continue working on windows........
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:39 am

(This is a horribly CG-ed version of Vampi!! ...She looks much better in pencil....)
Vampi

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:10 am

Hey, from what I can tell you're pretty good at this ^_^ Post s'more stuff.

*refrains from guessing what your first two charas are like.* ^_^;;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Inferno » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:12 am

really nice drawings vampi :thumb:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Vampi » Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:23 am

I can understand what you are saying. If you want to know the correct pin ying of your sentence without intonations, it's "Qing ni hua duo yi dian gei wo men kan hao ma?" (Na hao is out of place) Here in South East Asia, the simplified characters are used more often than the traditional characters. The local schools here (which I don't attend) require students to learn the simplified characters. In fact, I don't think traditional characters are used anymore except for special occasions. Because everyone knows, or at least SHOULD know, the easy approach to the language, books use the simpler forms. Though, I actually don't know what zu ying fu hou is........ (You don't know how happy I am that someone asked me add more pictures in Chinese...)

Ah yes....the girl's coat.......hmmmmmmm.........

(And I'm not very good... If I was good I wouldn't have as much as I need to learn at the moment....)
Vampi

Postby JediSonic » Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:15 am

Wow! Really really awesome art, vampi :thumb:

I got a real kick out of Mave's interpretation there too :lol:
JediSonic

Postby Vampi » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:17 am

I'm wondering what people think of the girl's armor..... Any suggestions? (I realize she doesn't look like her outlined form from earlier, but who cares...she's alwayz changing...)
Vampi

Postby Nalani » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:47 pm

^__^ wow I like! Your sketch are good!
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness or abilities that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer it or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." ~William Penn :hug: :poke: :grin:
Nalani

Postby KrescentMoon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:44 am

Vampi wrote:I'm wondering what people think of the girl's armor..... Any suggestions? (I realize she doesn't look like her outlined form from earlier, but who cares...she's alwayz changing...)

(and her name is revealed~yay!) hey vampi.
nice armor but i do have one comment. her shin guards/boots (whatever they are) are they that wide or is her leg that wide? oh, and that pic you drew of her coat, thank you!!!! and you shade her hair! and you made her hair look more chinese ^^ now noone can say she's part european! (another reason why i thought she was european in the first place: her belt. *i watch italian shows here...fashion...*).
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:04 am

(actually Kres....her name is only partly revealed.....I forgot to erase it.....) Those shin guard thingys....um.....well....that's a good question....I'm gonna have to decide myself.....it's just the shin guards.
Vampi

Postby Vampi » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:19 am

UUUWWAAAHH~ MUST DECLARE MY LOVE FOR NEW ZEALAND......in this hastily scrawled out somewhat self-portrait!!! (A picture like this is long overdue....shoulda drawn it out earlier.......oh well.....I LOVED NZ~!!!)

If anyone is wondering what "I" am wearing...it's my hiking outfit....it was COLD up there in those mountains......
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:16 am

vampi......you look so funny there! XD sorry sorry......nice pic though! ^^
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:51 am

If anyone still bothers to look at this thread, can you guess what element this fairy belongs too? Or is it not clear? Don't look at the name of the file before guessing please...

(Kres...if you recognize her...don't blurt it out.......oh yeah...and I got rid of her legs!!)
Vampi

Postby KrescentMoon » Fri Feb 27, 2004 7:57 am

jo.....i mean, vampi, that's beautiful! ^^ you paint better than me XD
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:42 am

I haven't been planning to update this thread, but I remembered recently that Krescent Moon wanted to know the Asian girl's name. It's Almeda. (I chose the name because of the meaning...) The boy's name is Zecil. I'll attach a picture of the supporting cast while I'm at it.....
(These are the main characters for my comic, Pressing On. If Warriors of Prayer doesn't end up too similar to my story, I might continue it.......)
Vampi

Postby ZiP » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:20 am

hmm... i wonder vampi would oyu be interested in coloring in the stuff for the new manga as well as your art duties??
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:52 am

Oh!! i remember that first page on the geocities site where Pressing On is hosted......uh...what was it? ____ BUNNIES!!!!!! (o.o you mean the one who said that is Quetzel??? ........) Vampi....you are seriously ahead of me in CGing....;;>>

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Vampi » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:34 am

Uh...ahead of you [Krescent Moon] in CGing... Well, it's not that hard. All it takes are a few pictures to somewhat get the hang of it. I believe the picture of Quetzel was my...4th? CGed pic. Pandora is my latest one (which would explain why she seems a little more detailed than the others...). YOU REMEBERED THAT PICTURE!?! It was "I have brainwashed the artist with the latest technology...FUZZY BUNNY RABBITS!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!". Quetzel did say it. She's the random one. Btw, I moved servers....and I hate rabbits.......

I'm open to comments on my CGing. I believe I'm lacking.
Vampi

Next

Return to Art Corner