How do you color your images?

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

How do you color your images?

Postby CobaltAngel » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:05 pm

Just wondering, like, do you color them off the computer or on?

I generally color them on the computer because I can rarely find the right colored pencils, plus I'm really bad with them....

I use the programs:
-Mircosoft Paint (Actaully very useful for me, because its easier and quicker to use than my other programs. I use this for quick & simple edits)
-The GIMP (evil impossible to figure out program o.o)
-Adobe Photoshop Elements (I'm still working on figuring it out because I just got it for christmas... its handy, tho...)
-ArcSoft PhotoStudio 2000 (One this to say: I love this program. o.o Its the main one I use...)
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby inkhana » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:24 pm

Oddly enough, I use a combo of PS 5.0 LE and 7.0. I use 5.0 LE 90% of the time though, esp because of the resources it requires of my system. I tried the GIMP once and got confused...:dizzy: he he

I used Paint a looooooooooooong long time ago, to make some basic drawings, back when I didn't have access to more powerful paint programs.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Jan 01, 2004 9:23 am

Adobe Photoshop 5.0 but i want to get a newer version if its better. though there's nothing wrong with 5.0.. or i like to use pencils
Shao Feng-Li

Postby kaze » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:08 am

I color them off the computer...usually with markers. But i just got Open Canvas, although i have no idea how to use it... :sweat:
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Retten » Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:43 pm

I use Photoshop 7 :thumb: oh Kaze let me know how you like Opencanvas I have been thinking of getting it but I wast sure how good the results were

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Danyasaur » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:02 am

heh, heh ^_^" actualy I just started my first color pic on the computer useing, Paint Shop Pro 8, yea I'm still working on it. ^_^"
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby lightningp » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:55 pm

I use adobe photoshop 7.0 with a lot of extra filters I downloaded in different places on the net. I really like using it a lot.
Lightning Prophetess Online
www.lponline2k4.com
Psalms 127:1
Current Progress of LP:
Episode 4: 57% finished
Volume 2: (Planning stages)
Hype of Betrayal (Side Story): 10%- Script and cover art

AA Mangazene:
Issue 4 (finished)
Issue 5: In progress
lightningp

Postby CobaltAngel » Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:16 am

arch_angel wrote:heh, heh ^_^" actualy I just started my first color pic on the computer useing, Paint Shop Pro 8, yea I'm still working on it. ^_^"

Oooh, I tried a demo of that program! Its a really good one. :)
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby madphilb » Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:14 am

The GIMP isn't too bad once you learn it... and get a handle on how it's setup. The biggest problems I think people run into is that each item is in it's own window.... Alot of people don't understand that to save the image you need to use the "file" menu off the image you're working on (as well as the other features. With it not following the MDI that most Windows programs use it can be a bit confusing at first....

BTW - if anyone has GIMP questions I can do my best to answer them, that and IrfanView is what I use for almost everything.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby kaze » Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:20 am

WhiteBlaze wrote:I use Photoshop 7 :thumb: oh Kaze let me know how you like Opencanvas I have been thinking of getting it but I wast sure how good the results were

Actually the Open Canvas i got is a free one my friend sent me, so I'm not sure how good it is... :sweat:
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Return to Art Corner