[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Comic Cover Art... - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Comic Cover Art...

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Comic Cover Art...

Postby Haibane Shadsie » Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:25 pm

I can't tell you how many hours I worked on this. I did it in Photoshop. I made a sketch, scanned it, and over-painted it using many layers. I also used scanned photographs (that I took) of the desert surrounding my home, and a scan of... my own blood smeared on a sheet of paper. (Don't freak out... I like odd textures and it's a neat way to use otherwise useless cells. If I'm gonna bleed, I might as well use it for something)!

This is a cover image for my webcomic/manga... er...thing, "Paper Eagles", which is convienently linked in my sig for anyone who wants to read it. The comic is...um... weird... it's a strange, post-apocalyptic drama. It has a few fans, but I draw it mainly for my own entertainment. It's just... an odd story that didn't want me to put it in novel-form, even though I was thinking of doing that at one point.

The image is linked, rather than attatched, because it's a bit bloody and I fear some people may be sensitive to that.

http://papereagles.rhlem.net/comics/vol2cover.jpg

I draw/computer paint with a mouse. (I lack a tablet). So... some of the line quality might be off. I also don't cell-color like a lot of people do... I have more of a "painterly" style. (Must be all the years of acrylic/canvas painting)... it's just... my style. My comic's style is not a typical comic or manga style, either, and I refuse to make it in such a style. My own "fine-art, somewhere between manga/realism" style is just much more natural to me. Whenever I try to force my art to be in a particular style that is not my own, it doesn't usually turn out well.

So, yeah... enjoy? Comment?
"We will never give up and despair, for we are on a mission from God." __ Hellsing, Vol. 2.
Haibane Shadsie

Postby kaze » Sat Dec 20, 2003 11:52 pm

That is so amazing! I love the colors and shading. ^^ I like how you put a desert background and made red, so it seems like blood.
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:19 am

Pretty cool!
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby Michael » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:05 pm

Nice blood red motif.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Quiet Hood » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:59 pm

By looking at your art cover, I can see that you've worked so hard on it. Wish I could see this person's face. I like your style. Bloody, yes, but it's meaningful. :)
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath." -James 1:19
Translation: Listen much; speak little; stay cool. :thumb:

Romans 6: 7-12
Psalm 144: 1-2
Quiet Hood

Return to Art Corner