[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5080: mysql_connect(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): Too many connections
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5106: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5107: mysql_fetch_assoc() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given
Screentone trade! - CAA: Christian Anime Alliance

Screentone trade!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Screentone trade!

Postby inkhana » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:54 pm

OK manga artists! This is a thread where we post our most often-used, prized screentones to share and trade! I think this will be a great way for everyone who uses them to get a bunch in their collections...;) Be sure to include any special ones you made yourself...:)

My first tone is a scan a friend gave me and I have used it so many times!

PS: I am looking for a pretty clear cloud screentone I can use as a fairly large backdrop; if anyone has one I'd love to have a copy...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby madphilb » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:27 pm

I almost feel stupid asking this question, but how do these work?

I do a bit of image editing (even some pretty creative stuff), and I'd understand things like brushes and/or "pipes" (depends on your program)... but how do these work, how are they used?

Feel free to forward me off to a tutorial or some such thing on the web if you don't feel like explaining.

Sorry for the intrusion.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:17 pm

It's no prob at all! This link explains very well the exact procedure I use. Hope it helps...^^

http://cowkitty.net/Kaizen/manga

SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.

- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby madphilb » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:32 pm

I think I follow you on this... did a search on the issue (I sometimes do better when I can see it put in use, step-by-step that is)...... found this tutorial (though this person used pre-defined standard screen-tones from Photoshop):

http://actiondaxton.keenspace.com/screentutorial1.html

Oh, and get this.... my search for screentone tutorials got a hit on one of you're posts Ink (to Gypsy I think).

Thanks... don't do that much, but might have to play around and see :D
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby inkhana » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:43 pm

LOL, that's cool...the technique I use is indeed a little different, but that's because I didn't know you could do it that way...:P I do like using tones though.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Postby Psycho Ann » Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:10 am

Ooh! I don't use varying tones much anymore but that one is great, Inky!

I have a slightly different way of making my own tones and applying them (actually, I haven't found any other tutorial teaching the tone application I use).

You can see them (and guess what's going on since it's in Indonesian) in this basic toning tutorial I made a while back : http://www.psychoteers.com/Tutorial/index4.html
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Psycho Ann » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:50 am

Gomen ne anony-chan, I think I haven't posted stuff in forums a long time because it's kinda redundant since it can be found on my page anyway. But I might just post one or two anyway in the future ^^

Heheh eh, btw, Inkhana, do you have any harder to find textured tones? I really could just scan some from my manga though....
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby inkhana » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:01 am

What kind of texture are you looking for? (if you know) I kinda doubt I do, though; almost all of mine came from fairly well known sites...O.o I did figure out how to make some decent looking clouds...but it's still not exactly what I wanted...-_- (I used white airbrush on light gray background to make cloud shapes, then hit it with the halftone PS filter, then messed with the contrast until it was back to the same light gray again. )

Now, if this will let me, I'm gonna attach a zip file with two .pat files in it. I can't remember where these came from, but they're already configured for use with PS and all you have to do is add them through your pattern manager. Note that I dled these from the internet and I don't know where I got them, so credit goes to...whoever made them...:sweat: LOL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

- Frank Capra

- Athol Dickson

inkhana

Return to Art Corner