Archan's Album

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Archan » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:11 pm

INKY!!!!!

Of course I came back. Don't I always????? :lol: And as always I value your comments, is there any new art work on your side of the thread???? ;)

Shinja

(Laughs) Surprisingly, I'm lucky if I even have time to dream anymore. Eh, who knows, perhaps I get my insparation from other sources, like my instructors for example :lol:

Spencer

(Laughs again) Thanks for including the word Organic....he he he. And thanks for the props.

Panegryst

Ah, so you like the cobweb texture on the suit huh? Groovey, before i go on I don't think I've met you before so allow me to make a proper introduction, I'm archan, a sort of wandering ghost here at the forum. But back to the matter at hand, I'm glad you like the texture.

ShiroiHikari

KAMI! Whats going on sis! been waaaayyyyyyy too long. Well chat more in the general forum. :thumbsup:

mechana2015

Hey, glad you like the venom as well. I've gotten mixed opinions about it from other people, (Mixed opinions are always good by the way) mainly most Venom fans like to see a more traditional take, which is understandible. I actually tried to incooperate the older Todd McFarlen Venom with the newer Venom from The Hunger run and soo on. So his jaws and face actually contort and stretch to achive both looks while remaining the same being. There's more explination, but I don't know if any of your guys want to hear me rant on like this. I'm just glad that so far you guys like him. However opinions from both sides are always invited. ;)

Hum, thats actually a great question Mechana, conceptually my art doesn't take too long. Cause nothing is really set in stone yet so I let my mind wander and experiment. The Venom and Symbiot conepts took no more then 10-15 minutes each. the reason why I whip them out so fact is because thats how we are trained to do things. also, when we get into the industry, thats more or less the demand. As for non conceptual stuff, I take more time on it to get things more detailed and tightly designed. Buildings and Monsters such as Godzilla's head down there will range from 20 min to a full hour, pending on how picky I am and how big a scale I'm working in.

Anyways, hope that answers your question, feel free to ask me anything else.

God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:31 pm

Ahhhhh....

More art, not the art I had hoped to have for you guys, but still art. Alot if not all of these are traditional pieces, ranging from Contae & Charcoal to watercolor to pen and ink and pencil.

And before she gets mad at me, the Scary girl with the weird marks is copyright 2001 to Genevieve (AKA Hellopanda). Now I have a clear concious ^^

God Bless,
Archan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:59 pm

Those are absolutely awesome! You have insane talent! Great job and keep it up! :thumb:
Aka-chan

Postby HikariChan » Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:56 am

:::speachless::::

*stares at own artwork*
"where did we go wrong?!"

Great work:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Archan » Sat Jul 24, 2004 6:03 pm

Aka-chan:
Thank you very much, thumbs to you too :thumbsup:

Hikari-chan:
*Laughs* You didn't go wrong anywhere ^^, all it takes is dedication. and thanks to you as well for the comments :thumb:

Anonymous:
Course I'm back, don't I always come back???? :lol: *Laughs* You like the mousie huh? Do you recognize him? I'll tell you what, if you can name him I'll let you snatch the pic. Here's some clues, the rope holding the feather to his ear is gold, he has a rapier.....and he's one of the few mice to work with a lion and live to tell about it :sweat:
Thanks as always for you wonderful comments though, i hope you can figure out who the mouse is :lol:

God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Aka-chan » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:00 pm

Ooh, can I guess? Is it Reepicheep? (sp?)
Aka-chan

Postby Gypsy » Sun Jul 25, 2004 7:01 am

Aka-chan wrote:Ooh, can I guess? Is it Reepicheep? (sp?)

*laughs*

Why of course it is! Good call, Aka-chan, and nice work as usual, Archan. ;)
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Syreth » Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:11 pm

i love it all: dark monster things, sci-fi... crazy cool man! I like your dark wizard man with his chrome. He looks like he's about to own some poor sap. Keep it going, man!
Syreth

Postby Mave » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:05 pm

Hi Archan, I have been meaning to comment in your thread for the last few days but time didn't permit me.

Your traditional art techniques are awesome! My favourites are the dinosaurs and the ship (ah such professional-looking concept art). I can't draw anything mechanical for nuts, although I'm practising. Is the first pic in charcoal or pencil? Your works motivates me to get down with traditional medium. Are you an art student/professional or is this just your hobby? ^^;;;

Thanks for reviving this particular forum! XD
Mave

Postby kirakira » Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:17 pm

*picks up jaw off of the floor* Wow, Archan, these are all amazing. I mean, I haven't been this impressed in a while. ^^ I especially like your Reepicheep. That's awesome. He's always been my favorite Narnia character, and that it just...wow. 0_o
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:48 pm

Aka-Chan:

Groovey guess! :thumb: You can snatch the pick too!

Anonymous:

*Laughs* Okay, you can snach the pic now, though I'm sure you already have huh? ;)

Gypsy:

Hey Sis! Ha, should have known you knew who the mouse was. Thanks always for your comments, how's your album by the way?

Syreth:

Hello! Thanks for the positive feedback. See attachments for more art :thumbsup:

Mave:

Oh, don't worry, I know all about time restraints. Important thing is you made it right? Glad you like my work. The first pic, the Dinosaur? It was done with charcoal and contae (White charcoal pretty much :lol: ). I'm glad that I could inspire you to return to your traditional roots. I am a professional, or so my college tell me. I go to the Art Institute over here in California, just in case you where wondering.

I revived the art forum, wow. I'm both happy and alosa kind of sad that this thread wasn't utilized more in my absence, there's alot of good talent here to just have it sit around idle. Hopefully that'll change now though huh? :thumb:

Kirakira:

Hi! I'm Archan, allow me to help you with your jaw! :lol: I'm glad you enjoyed my work. I'm especially happy that a devoted Narnia fan like you is pleased with my rendition of Reepicheep. As well as the rest of you Narnians that commented :thumbsup: Hope you continue to enjoy yourself here.

Speaking of work, like I promised earlier here is some more conceptual art for the Venom project I'm currently working on. As always comments are more then welcome, and so is any critisism from the Venom fanbase out there. Don't be afraid, I wont bite :grin:

God Bless,
Archan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archan

Postby Syreth » Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:19 am

Wow! He looks so... manacing! And I totally mean that in a good way! haha... okay, *takes foot out of mouth* I just get a kick out of art, you know? especially art that makes you feel a distinct emotion. Oh man, the veiny tongue is awesome! Keep it up, bro!
Syreth

Postby Mave » Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:41 pm

So you study in an art institute in CA? Hhmm...how tempting! XD I've always wanted to go to art school but I'm surveying my current circumstances. (low on $$$ and up-coming college-work transition)

Your artstyle is definitely different from mine, LOL! I can't draw tough and menacing characters like you do. At the risk of gravely offending you (but I'm going to ask anyway, coz you seem like a nice and understanding fellow artist), would you say your main influence in drawing is American comics? I'm reminded of SPAWN when I see your most recent attachments. Although...I barely know anything about that title. (sorry ^^;;; ).

And I'm bad at guessing this: Do you use pencil or charcoal in these recent pics? I'm not sure what you use in the last picture especially. Stay tuned, I'll post something in color pencils soon ala my attempt at traditional coloring medium. heh
Mave

Postby Archan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:06 pm

Syreth:

I'm glad you approve, and I'm completely glad he looks scary and menacing, but, yeah, it's not like I like that sort of thing, or like people to feel that way...*Removes own foot from mouth* guess you and I now have something more in common huh Syreth :sweat:

Mave:

Hummmm, have you applied for any grants or scholorships as of yet? If not you should try, you would be surprised how much money you would be able to recieve.

Also, just after currently reading that you self taught yourself all your current skills, I highly highly highly encourage it :thumb:

Offending me? Never! In fact, no one should ever take critisicm as offending, the more truthful you are the better I say! ;) American comics, totally. In case you didn't know (which isn't your fault either), Venom is a character from the Spiderman Comics, so it's of course good that the influence is appearent. And the Spawn title you mentioned as done by McFarlen, whom (Before Spawn) worked for Marvel comics and was one of the very first to draw Venom. So I guess it's natural that his character be somewhat related design wise to Venom. If your wondering who came first though, it was Venom. Hope that clarifies anything, and thank you for your honesty. I always appreciate it :thumb:

The sketches were done in pencil mainly, no charcoal. The colored pic was colored in photoshop CS.

Oh, traditional art, I can hardly wait. ;)

Anonymous:

*Laughs* Your too much, (In a good way though) :thumb:

I'm sorry about the newer pics being so vicious, I promise I'll try to post not so scary art next time kay! :sweat: And though I didn't mean to make you winper, thanks for the complement....I think, *Takes foot out of mouth again* :lol:

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:49 pm

Mainly testing something...sorry, no new artowrk yet.
I promise next time I post here there will be though :thumb:

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:50 am

Alright, like I promised some art before I depart....hey, that rhymed :lol:

Anyways, as an attempt to make up for all the scary creatures and such dwelling around my album, I posted a few more light heated pieces, hopefully I haven't scared away too many people, including annonymous (Sorry if I scared you anonymous, didn't mean to....@@ )

First pic is of a chibi guardian angel that was meant to go on a shirt, and perhaps may do so one day. I did a tad bit of shading in blue toner pencil just to leave an indication for the colorist.

Second is of a Fantasy Princess type of character I'm trying to develop into a more complete piece, These are her concepts.

Third is a rough blue and red toner pencil sketch of a very famous space hare.....major cartoon points to whomever can remember this is. Hint: He goes where no ordinariy rabbit would dare...... :lol:

Fourth is a mech, being I know Inky luvs mechs and I just noticed I haven't posted one up in a uber-long while. However, for the rest of you mech lovers out there I'm sure you can ID this fellow no? This was mainly a rough red toner pencil sketch, I might complete it a tad more one day.

And finally, just so I didn't stray too far from my scaly creature roots, here's a what if pic as in, "What if they did a REAL live action Bowser, {Dennis Hopper doesn't count}". This is one way I might have designed him, though he looks mean, when it comes to the princess he's just a big ol' puppy :sweat:

Anyways, this is one of maybe two more art posts to be posted before I go. God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Shinja » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:43 am

lol, man the bowser is awsome, :thumb:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby ally-san » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:01 pm

i like the lil angel! its cute! the real-life bowser is my favorite out of all these. the detail on the scales and the shell are impeccable. o yea and nice signature..very classy :cool:
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:25 pm

Love the new drawings! Yaaaah Bucky O'Hare! Yay! I used to love Bucky! Cool!
(It looks kinda like Usagi Yojimbo in retrospect...)
Hey...where are you going?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:40 pm

I love them all! ^___^ You are soooooooooo good.

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:54 pm

It looks like the chaos thory development drawings from jurassic park... but animated

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Jaltus-bot » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:02 pm

Archan wrote:
Alright, like I promised some art before I depart....hey, that rhymed :lol:

Please Archan more art
By Sheherazade

Please Archan more art
Before you depart
What good works you have created
Quality undebated
And even in fiction
A lovely depiction

Please Archan more art
Before you depart
A man of such talent
An artist so gallant
I hope there's more
You have in store

Please Archan more art
Before you depart
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Archan » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:32 am

The second of my last art posts......

Included are some more fan art mainly, fan art of a few well known cartoon icons,

First is another fan sketch of the ever groovey Bucky O'Hare....in a more dynamic pose if you will.

Second is his first Mate Jenny....alot of ink work still needs to be done for this piece but the primary inking is good......

Third is everyone's fav four-armed duck, Dead Eye Duck.....

Fourth is another sketch of a character from the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon they use to air really early in the morn...., Bunny Rabbot (I think that was her name....)

And finally, another rough sketch of another character from Sonic, Sally.

Shinja:

Glad you liked the Bowser, I'm considering making him into a sculpture..... :wow!:

Ally-San:

Groovey, you liked Bowser as well huh? Nice to hear, I was unsure if i was out of line taking such a great character as the ever famous Koopa and re-defining him so to speak....I'm glad he was warmly accepted :sweat:

Mechana:

Yeah Bucky Rocks....1000 Cartoon points to ya.... :lol: I gave the characters a slightly more realistic style.....or, at least as real as a green rabbit can be huh? I actually did do a test render of Yojimbo, i should post it up when i get back.....but i'm glad a fellow buck fan approves of my take. currently, I'm trying to find pics of bucky's father.....extra cartoon points if you can tell me his name...... ;)

True_noir_chloe:

*Laughs* Thanks mom ;) Oh, and don't worry I'll be reporting in for work very soon....expect an e-mail.

Anonymous:

*Laughs at site of her snatching away the chibi angel....* Your too much :lol: And i'm glad I didn't scare ya away. Oh, and to answer your question, Mechana was right about the little test gif I posted here. It's from a Dragon Fractle used in chaos Theory (Yes, there is a real thing called chaos theory) which was featured in the Jurassic Park novel, I just liked how it looked and wanted to test it out. Glad you think it was pretty :sweat:

sheherazade:

Why thank you for the poem :sweat: . And as I promised more art..... today will probably be my last here though.....so be on the look out for two more possbile updates to the album. *Reads part about Artist so Gallant*
I like that part the best :sweat:

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:13 pm

Oh my word, Archan, those are awesome! *wrings hands in jealousy* Have you taken cartooning courses? It sure looks like it.
Esoteric

Postby Vampi » Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:15 am

You know Archan, it's people like you that make me wonder why don't I draw realisticly (or non-anime) more often.
Vampi

Postby Jaltus-bot » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:01 pm

I like your drawing.

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Archan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:37 pm

Alright, here it is, my last post till christmas......I had hoped to get this done sooner, I guess the collage beast was more demanding then I thought.^^;

Esoteric:

Don't wring your hands too much, there's a future for you in those.... :thumb: I have taken alot of traditional animation classes, a whole lot, perhaps too many. I've also done a few shot animation clips, which are fun but unbelieveably time consuming..... :waah!: You have a good eye though to notice this....and thank you for the comments, don't slack on the drawing while I'm gone kay? :sweat:

Annonymous:

*Laughs* Feel free to snatch wahtever you want, I'm just glad I can help :lol: And don't feel silly critiquing my stuff.....your honest about your coments which I greatly appreciate, and I always welcome all kinds of critique. I know what you mean by the legs, Actually the Jenny pic was wrose till I moved her legs more towards the center, even then though she looks as if she doesn't have a center of balance. I just haven't drawn a female form in quite a while, I'm gonna have to work out the kinks..... :lol: To make excuses though I just tell people that she's in mid stride.....and usually get away with it :sweat: The Sally pic on the other hand is in mid stride, but I should still fix her center point of balance.....good eye Annonymous....good eye :thumb:

Vampi:

Hi! Hum, well I do draw alot of things from life.....I'm trying to get back into my styalized cartoon mode however hence all the cartoon fan art and the pics attached below. Personally, I like your traditional pics more, but I also openly admit to being biased towards traditional art.... :lol: You seem to be doing fine however......more then fine :thumbsup:

Sheherazade:

Alright, and now for the final art post. Like I said it's fan art of a character from CTN's Clone Wars shorts. I choose this character because, well, he just looks weird, and I like weird designs.

Pic 1 is the line art drawn in pencil and inked with sharpie markers

Pic 2 is the color and shading done in Photo shop CS.....I pretty much went wild with the wet brush options....tee hee

Pic 3 is the finished color piece with a painted backgroud (BG is still digital)

Pic 4 is the same but added a yellow/orange tint to mimic evironmental lighting....

Pic 5 is my last pass on the piece where I used the eraser tool to bring out some highlights the enrich the character...being he was washed out colorwise when compared to the BG.....

As for which piece is the finished piece from 3, 4, and 5, different people have given me different opinions on which one they like best....so I leave it up in the air..... Whichever one you guys like the most, thats the finished piece.

Anyways I hope you guys like...keep the art thread alive while I'm away.....and in case I don't make it back have a groovey Thanksgiving as well.

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Little T-chan » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:09 pm

Wow..You're a fantastical artist!!! I didn't know...I guess I don't get out as much as I thought...get it?? Get the irony?? Get OUT as much?! hahaha...Just kidding..! Anyway, your coloring is amazing!! I like the second one the best because it's bright!!! ^^
[SIZE="6"][color="Pink"]♥ [font="Impact"]t-chan[/font]![/color][/SIZE]

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="Pink"]Everyday, it's You i live for!
Everyday, i'll follow after You!
Everyday, i'll walk with You, my Lord![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Little T-chan

Postby Archan » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:03 am

Alas, it is time for Archan to awaken the sleeping giant that is his album, rise my creation...RISE!!!!!!!!!

Alright, the first pics are off a current commishion I'm doing for a fellow friend ;) , but all are welcomed to comment. It's a cat-elf hybrid and I tried makeing it mreo evident in the ears, making them more slender like Zelda's instead of rounded like other anime cat ears only because the rest of her features where being mainly cat-dominated, so I figured the elvish in her would show through the ears. also the colored pic is not finished, it's a work in progress, I like showing the different steps of the pieces I do (Picked it up from Souls alive, thanks sis!), just fun. but anyways thats that...

I'm holding off on the pics of the virtual hell project I did only because, well, it's art of the devil and hell and whatnot, and I don't feel like causing a ruckus so soon after christmas. But once I get the green light, up all the art goes for you guys to see, and trust me there's alot of it.

Till then I'll be posting up other art.....
God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Jaltus-bot » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:12 am

Ooh, pretty.

Jaltus-bot

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner