Archan's Album

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Archan's Album

Postby Archan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:15 am

Testing....
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Archan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:47 am

Alright...

Finally got this thing to work. Anyways here is some of the work that I have done, a good majority of what I post however will either be from a Sketchbook or a production piece...

right now I'm postnig a few pics...I'll explain them more latter being it's pretty late and I have an early up, so hope you enjoy!

God Bless,
Archan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Shinja » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:00 am

dude cool stuff as always, you creatures still freak me out though :lol:
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Tet-chan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:36 am

I like the pic of the creature with fire
Tet-chan

Postby Gypsy » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:40 am

Shinja wrote:dude cool stuff as always, you creatures still freak me out though :lol:

:lol: Yeah, same here. Hey, Archan, you should show everyone the sculpture you made of it.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Shinja » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:35 am

Gypsy wrote::lol: Yeah, same here. Hey, Archan, you should show everyone the sculpture you made of it.

yeah the sculpture rocked,

and is the flameing one the monster from the lord of the rings,
MATT

Shinja

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:24 pm

I love your creature. :wow!: It is truly the meaning of the word, "awesome."

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Archan » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:21 pm

*Laughs*

I'm kinda torn in between emotions right now if I should be either sorry or happy that my creature still continues to haunt you guys (Gypsy and Shinja)....
Actually, the pics of the sculpture I made are still posted at the MSN album if anyone else whats to see them. I'll re-post the link again just in case.
As for the other pics....

The rest were for a Game projects myself and two others were working on for our BG & Layout class. The first was going to be the main villan of the game, whom we decided would be a amitage to the classic 1940's Sci-Fi villans, hence why I gave him tons of chrome and stuff. the other pic of the creature on fire s actually an alien race called the Moorg. The are one of three races at war on a planet. the on-going gag was that each race represented the three elements of Earth-Fire-Water while the main heroine would represent wind (She comes from space) There is a pic of here there which is the animated simple Bruce Timm inspired piece. we had to change the whole look of the project at the last minute because our Instructor got into a mood (I continue to argue it was mid-life crisis :sweat: )

Anyways as for comments, I can't deny I was inspired by the Balrog when I designed the Moorg, but thats where the simularites stop. The Moorg are actually the smaller of the three races and carry armaments, use molten taks of fire, and other groovey stuff. But enough.

I have other art I'd like to post, but need to find a scanner big enough (Yeah. what does that tell ya? ;) ) However here are two other pieces I had on me. Ones a storyboard and the other two are character stuff for a project I had to work on over the summer. and yes, hey are suppose to look gritty and dirty, that was more of a design decision more then an artistic. I'll have more art soon however. Just ejoy what little I have on hand at the moment before I pull out the Bigger guns...he he he.

Oh, and here is the link again to my older album...

http://groups.msn.com/caa/archansscribblystuff.msnw?albumlist=2

God bless,
Archan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archan

Postby Retten » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:47 pm

Awsome concepte art! Truly amazing keep it up! :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby EireWolf » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:20 am

Okay, I have to say that your sculptures are awesome! I love Sculpey, but I haven't been able to get it to do that yet. :lol: I am very impressed by your Creature and Viking drawings as well. Sculptures... very cool sculptures... *goes to look again*

How big are they, btw? The sculptures, I mean? And what did you use for armature?
EireWolf

Postby Macross » Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:44 pm

honestly the best i´ve seen around...
Macross

Postby Archan » Sat Nov 22, 2003 4:04 pm

Macross, Anonymous, & Whiteblaze-

As always I greatly appreciate your comments. Thanks a bunch!

Eriewolf-

Hello!

Ah, a fellow sculpter. Groovey! The bust is aroud a foot tall and a little more then a foot in length. The Creature Itself is around 14" tall and 2 feet in length, however if I were to uncurl his tail I wouldn't doubt he'd reach 3 feet. I also have a Carnataur thats 2 feet in length and 8" in hight, as well as a rhino & a lifesize hand that stands on it's fingers (Like Thing from the Addams Family). I'm still trying to find a decent place to take pics of them though.

I use different sizes of armature wire, Thickest for the body and where the support and weight will be, medium for limbs (If they support no weight) and head, and smallest for fingers or spines and other things of that nature. Also, I put alot of layers of Foil which makes up 60-70% of the sculpture because it-

A:makes the sculpture lgither, so there's less stress on the areas of support.

B: Cooks the sculpture more evenly from the inside out.

C: I don't have to use sooooo much sculpy and therefore makes these things cheaper to create :thumb:

Little to say, I put as much work in the armature as I do in the Sculpture itself.

But just on a side note, I've looked at your stuff and it's not too shabby! ;) Take a look in your album thread for more comments.

But now for mroe artwork. Since this is an anime board I'd figure it was time to put up something anime-ish. So here are some filtered pics of some Yoji inspired mechs. Also, I threw in a Jungle scene from my sketchbook and a few other sketchbook drawings as well. Still searching for a big Scanner however, I'll find one soon enough though.

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:33 am

Alright,

It's late and I have to wake up in a few hours to go to church so I'm ending the night by posting more art. The first one is of some head shots of officer Jenny from "Bucky O'Hare", this is so you guys can see that I can draw other things then Monsters and Mutants and such. the others oare actually different shots of a mech I had posted at the old MSN site. These were done wwwaaaayyyyyyyy back when I was first learning photoshop. but I figured they'd be nice to see being I have so few CG stuff posted. What else what else? Hum, think thats it, the rest is either old CG stuff or sketchbook stuff. Enjoy!

God Bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Tet-chan » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:39 am

Nice artworks u got there
Tet-chan

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:17 am

I love them all. Great job!
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby EireWolf » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:22 pm

(re: 2nd to last post) I love the trees on the 3d one, and the character on the 4th. Nice detail and texture. (Speaking of texture, I had a question for ya about "texture stamps" in my thread.)

(re: last post) I like the cat-girl! Is there a story behind her? I also really like the last guy (in pink), despite his creepiness and... pink-ness. (I hate pink as a general rule... Childhood pinkness overdose.) :sweat: I'm not real big on Photoshopped stuff, but that's just a personal preference. I like the hand-drawn look. :)
EireWolf

Postby Straylight » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:51 am

I love this stuff! everything you've drawn has a distinct style to it.. feels kinda "rpg" like. post some more pics, more pics, more pics!
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Locke » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:16 am

*speachless*.........
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:05 pm

duuuuuuhhhhhh....woah
whered you get the inspiration for those critters!
Thats AWESOME.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Spencer » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:11 am

Mega thumbs up on all of it. :thumb:
:)
Spencer

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:33 pm

HELLO!!!!!

Wow, it's been eons since I last showed up here. I promise I'll post an Uber-long e-mail as to where I've been roaming all this time, but for the time being I thought it would be nice to show you part of the reason why I've been away. This is one of a few major posts containing some art I've been slaving over. This post in particular contains conceptual art on a individual 2 1/2 D project I'm working on at the moment.

So, till my next art post,
I hope you all enjoy,

God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:38 pm

2nd of the art posts.

Some BG's regarding the project I posted about earlier, as well as a pen & colored pencil sketch of one of my fav monsters, or more or less my own take on one of my favorite monsters :lol: don't worry, I'm not done posting yet.

God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:45 pm

Another Art post....

some rough CG paintings I did for a poster on another Production. They are meant to be turned into posters, but I have yet to add the font and text into them, so for the moment they look kind of blah around the characters with all that negative spage looming around, hopefully when the text is instered the compostition will tighten up.

Still more posts to come....
God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby Archan » Wed Jul 14, 2004 9:54 pm

Last post art wise for the time being.....

this is my most recent aquisition, some rough pen workings on a character some of you might recognize, especially with the spidey mania still looming in the air.

For the moment, this guy is just in the conceptual state, but myself and a few friends are planning to change that.....I'll try to udate this guys progression posting as much art as possible. works were done with pen, Sharpie marker and a steady hand (Can't erase pen...tee hee)

God bless,
Archan
Archan

Postby inkhana » Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:18 am

ARCHAN! You came back! :lol:

As usual, wonderful, wonderful work. :thumb: You do such a good job with lizards and other creatures...;)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Shinja » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:22 am

cool stuff as always, do have nightmares alot? :grin:
MATT

Shinja

Postby Spencer » Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:57 am

Hey dude, insane artwork you got here. I'm liking the organic work up there (haha, had to fit that term in somewhere).

You've got mad skills man.
:)
Spencer

Postby panegryst » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:47 am

i like all the cobwebs and stuff attached to Venom, it's a cool touch
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:34 am

dude...awesome! :D
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:52 pm

Very cool take on Venom! I love all the art, especially the creatures...
Just a random question, how long does it take to do a drawing, like the creature concepts or those box building things?

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Next

Return to Art Corner