Melody tries to draw herself!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Melody tries to draw herself!

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:28 am

Normally I don't even really like drawing, and it's probably one of my worst talents; I only do it so that I've got something to show for my own work-in-progress video game The Traveller's Guide. But a few months ago I decided that I wanted a good anime-ish close-up of Melody's face to be displayed on the game's menu screen so I tried drawing it freehand. I was actually pretty impressed with the results. (But I still don't like to draw. ^_~ )

Note that in the game this is shrunken down to 64*64 pixels.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby Lufkin777 » Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:07 am

Hey i like it! :thumb: Good job
"We dont see things as they are, we see them as we are."
Anais Nin
Lufkin777

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:30 pm

Not bad at all! It's beats my pizza trophey! :lol:

EDIT: To avoid the HUH? comments, I'm including the pizza trophey.

http://www.christiananime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1381&stc=1&thumb=1
Mithrandir

Postby Razgriz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:19 pm

Pretty good. :thumb:
Razgriz

Postby inkhana » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:20 pm

Not at all bad for someone who doesn't like drawing! LOL No, really, it looks good!

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Heaven's Cloud » Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:22 pm

Pretty cool. <thumbs up>
"So it begins" - Theodon, King of Rohan
Heaven's Cloud

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:43 pm

That's pretty good for someone who doesn't like to draw. :) I thought of putting up some of my stuff because everyone else tells me they don't like to see what I draw - it scares them. :(

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:34 pm

Thanks for the feedback; I'm glad you guys like it. ^_^ (And maybe I'll take anonymous' advice if I ever decide to try drawing any of my other characters' faces.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sun Nov 16, 2003 11:13 pm

Sorry... you'll just have to wait now until I can get a demo of The Traveller's Guide ready. (Don't ask when; it might be a while yet, but I am very slowly getting it done.)
TheMelodyMaker

And Cynthia tries to draw herself as well...

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Fri Apr 02, 2004 9:44 pm

All right... one more picture, but that's it. Everyone, meet Melody's little sister Cynthia! ^_^

TheMelodyMaker

Postby inkhana » Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:05 pm

Aww, she's cute...:D

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby olorc » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:00 pm

I love how the bow defies gravity!! How do they make it do that?? XD
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:53 pm

(Yay -- someone bumped my thread. I'm so happy now! :grin: ) Uh... good question; I've never thought about it before. :sweat: Well-placed hair-spray, maybe? :lol: (I'll have to work that one into the game somehow. ;) )
TheMelodyMaker

Postby olorc » Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:12 pm

game? there's a game?
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Thu Jan 06, 2005 6:14 pm

-_____________- ...I knew there was something I forgot to mention in my opening post. *goes to edit his opening post*
TheMelodyMaker

Postby olorc » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:47 am

o i c now cool cool.
olorc

Return to Art Corner