The Design an avatar for Piloswine contest!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

The Design an avatar for Piloswine contest!

Postby Scribs » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:13 pm

Ok folks, here's the deal: I have an avatar. I like it. It is a good avatar. Unfortunatly it is not good enough. So, I need your help. Using all resources available to you, design me a new avatar. Do whatever it takes to make your entry stupenously more awsome than any one elses. "Wy would I do this?" you may ask. Well, firstly you get the satisfaction of seeing your beautiful art attached to each of my meaningful posts for at least a month! And as if that were not enough, I will regonnize that you made it in my location tab (what else are those things good for anyway?) You have until the 11th of July. Thats two weeks from today by the way. And oh yeah, there is one small hitch, You must use this picture in the avatar.

Be creative folks, I trust you can come up with something interesting. :thumbsup:

-Piloswine
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:33 pm

*saves picture* I'll see what I can come up with. ^_^ Are you thinking of anything in particular? Like is there any specific feel, mood, thought or idea that you want your avatar to potray?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:36 pm

Yo! I've always wondered about that picture....is it a relative or a role model? I might give it a shot...I'm not as good with photos though....
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:06 pm

Guessing from its filename when I downloaded it... it's (William?) Wordsworth! I'm not sure how good I am with photos, either, but I'll see how I go. :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:52 pm

Ah, well there, I copy and pasted it, so I missed the obvious. Then again, I frequently miss the obvious...
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:10 pm

Well, after a little messing around, I came up with the below. I was having trouble balancing between imagesize, quality and filesize, so in the end I saved it as a PNG. Can you use PNG's as an av? I was going to upload it as my av to test it out, but then I remembered I'd forgotten where I'd saved my current av. :mutter: :comp:

<EDIT>On second thoughts, I think I'll go back to trying to trying to make an animated gif. :eh: I didn't realise he looked blue...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Scribs » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:37 am

Wow, Photosoph! That is an amazing entry! It's even better than I expected! Keep it up every one!

I've always wondered about that picture....is it a relative or a role model

Actually, its neither. And it isnt William Wordsworth either. It is actually William's frequently overlooked nephew, Christopher Wordsworth.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:35 pm

piloswine wrote:Actually, its neither. And it isnt William Wordsworth either. It is actually William's frequently overlooked nephew, Christopher Wordsworth.

:eyebrow: :lol: I dunno why that's funny, but it is...

Hmmm, wow Photosoph, I think you beat me out on this one. But I'm so distracted with work and other stuff right now...it makes being creative rather tough... *goes to thoughtful spot for an idea* Think, think, think...
What would pilowswine do? He'd so something wierd. Ah ha, that's it! I dunno if I'm allowed three entries, but I did one normal and two, err, weird.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:36 am

Ha ha! Those entrys are awsome! Mulitiple entrys are definatly more than welcome (because once I have used the winning one for a while, I will cycle through the others, thus having a fresh supply of awsome avatars)

I love the Bird with the head.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:39 pm

ROFL! Rofl! ROFL!
*rolls on the floor laughing, as above*
Those are so cool Eso! I love the bird with the head one too -but I especially love the last one with the eyes. :lol: I really like the colours you've used as well -especially the background. Hmm... I think I've been inspired to do more. :grin:

Ah yes, Christopher Wordsworth. Hmm... what can you tell us about him, Piloswine? You've said he's frequently overlooked... you must be right. I haven't heard of him. :sweat:

<EDIT>Okay, well I haven't exactly done a new picture... instead I experimented with gifs. And the results scare me. The several mouth attempts I tried because the gif really degenerated the pic (even more than I expected) scared me even more; especially the first one when I put it too low.
Attachment 1)the original pic -just giffed. 2)my first mouth attempt... *shudder* 3)the second attempt at a mouth.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:08 pm

And finally the two animated images. ...So far they both scare me. I think I may just stick with the png.

<EDIT>Since I don't want to doublepost, here's the links to several more pics I did. So when you're feeling mad, glad or chicken-rad, you have an avatar to express yourself. ^_^ Um... about the anime one... Eso, only if you're not already stressed by other projects and also have the time to do it, could I ask you the favour of doing a better anime/manga faced version of your own? I'd just like to see what it would look like done by someone who can actually draw manga/anime. :?: ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/christopherwordsworthhappy.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/christopherwordsworthchicken.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/christopherwordsworthanime.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/christopherwordsworthangry.png

(I've left them as links so as not to annoy dialup users like me :grin: )
I have too much free time. :shake: :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:31 pm

hehehe, the angry wordsworth is great! (I imagine he would perhaps be angry at being so overlooked.... I like the chicken idea too, but the contrast is a little low to see it clearly...

Um... about the anime one... Eso, only if you're not already stressed by other projects and also have the time to do it, could I ask you the favour of doing a better anime/manga faced version of your own? I'd just like to see what it would look like done by someone who can actually draw manga/anime.

Do you mean an anime version of my version of pilowswine's, or my 'esoteric' avatar? I wasn't quite sure from the wording which you meant...
Esoteric

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:44 pm

Hmm...this sounds fun :brow:

<_< >_> *saves picture* muhahahaha :evil:....
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:14 am

Woah! :wow!: No, not your avatar, Eso; sorry about the confusing context -I was actually referring to an anime version of your version of pilowswine's avatar. I couldn't ask you to do a better anime face for your own! :sweat: :lol: :) *shudders* No way would I ever intentionally say something as offensive as that. ...Except maybe if was like, uber-stressed and had already torn my hair and clothes, and had already destroyed at least half of the house in distress. :grin: Perhaps then I'd resort to insults. ~_^

Yay! GGriff has joined! Go, my feathery buddy! :jump:

Regarding the chicken avatar, do you think I should up the brightness of the red of the wattles?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:01 am

[quote="photosoph"]Woah! No, not your avatar, Eso]
:lol: Hey relax, I wasn't insulted at all. In truth when I did my own avatar, I wasn't specifically trying to make it look like anime...it just sorta turned out that way, so the confusion was on my part. :)

Okay, so my enterpretion of an anime Christopher Wordsworth? Hmmm. *runs off to thoughtful spot*....

Oh regarding the chicken, yeah brightening the waddles might help. Since we see only half a chicken, and the feathers are the same color as the background wall, well, it was a little hard to tell that it was a chicken. ^^;; But yeah, If you make the feathers/body more clear and the waddles distinct, I think that would clear up any confusion. Just my thoughts anyway (I'm certainly no chicken expert!)
Esoteric

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:18 am

*runs back from thoughtful spot* Sorry for the double post but, I've already edited the other one enough times.... here's an anime version of wordsworth, but it looks like Samuel Adams to me! :sweat: Since the compression makes it hard to see (Curse the 2k size limit! :mutter: ), I included a larger version for detail. Photosoph, I wouldn't beat yourself up over not being able to an anime version of this. Anime faces are VERY generic by their nature (You wouldn't be able to tell certain characters apart without their different hair styles.
So in light of that, drawing historically recognizable faces becomes a challenge because the eyes and mouth MUST look the same to recognize them. Essentially, I traced it, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get the shape of the eyes and porportions right for him to be recognizable. Some people can do that free hand, but I'm not that good!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:47 pm

Thanks for not taking offence. ^^

Photosoph, I wouldn't beat yourself up over not being able to an anime version of this. Anime faces are VERY generic by their nature (You wouldn't be able to tell certain characters apart without their different hair styles.

Okay. ^_^ Wow -that looks so cool! I really like the way you've done it, and I like the colours and pattern in the background too. Thanks for doing this, Eso; I really like what you've come up with. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:45 am

(*lying on ground, dragged into thread by a leash held by PhotoSoph ... who is incidentally sitting next to me right now*
( >.>) *looks right*
(<.< ) *looks left*
:help: )

Whoa, cool images. Some very funny and nice images in here. I like your anime-ised version, Esoteric!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Scribs » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:26 am

Nice! More interest in my contest!

Freaky as it is, I like esoterics animnated wordsworth, though it really kind of disturbes me...

Nice flames photosoph!, I like the initiative you people are putting into this.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:53 am

CreatureArt wrote:(*lying on ground, dragged into thread by a leash held by PhotoSoph ... who is incidentally sitting next to me right now*
( >.>) *looks right*
(<.< ) *looks left*
:help: )

Whoa, cool images. Some very funny and nice images in here. I like your anime-ised version, Esoteric!

Ah, poor CreatureArt, *offers a bowl of water and a crunchie bar*

Really, that freaked you out Pilowswine? Mwahahaha! I'll remember that...
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:19 pm

Hmm... if it freaked him out we shall have to do MORE!!! :evil:
Well, I've tried a different version of the chicken. Does this one look any better; any clearer?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:45 pm

Esoteric wrote:Ah, poor CreatureArt, *offers a bowl of water and a crunchie bar*

*takes Chrunchie, dips in in the water and chews it with mournful eyes while tied securely to a stake in the ground by Soph's leash* ;) . If I get the time, I might have a go at this, too ^_^.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:01 pm

Yeah, that chicken looks much clear now! Bwak, bwak! :grin:
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:49 am

Nice. Now that is what I call creativity! I dont know what it might imply, but I like it none the less...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:38 am

And now some silly additions that wont ever get used. :grin:
bigsleepj

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:08 am

I wouldnt be so sure of that Bigsleepj, they look pretty good to me. Great job!
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:34 am

here's another silly one.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:15 am

Nice! I am liking these silly entrys that people are putting in. I now have a bunch of avatars that will last me quite a while..
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:48 am

*giggles incesantly at olorc's entry* That's great!!!!
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:27 pm

Aw man, those are seriously cool, BSJ and Olorc. :grin: Love your current Independence day one too, Pilo. :thumb:

Disclaimer: Everything implied by the previously posted chicken entry is entirely coincidence.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Next

Return to Art Corner