June coloring contest

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Yeito » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 pm

LOL. This is great. I've just been sticking to colored pencils because... thats all I have -_-; But I still like it. *-*

Mine's coming along capital. I haven't gotten much done, but what I have gotten done is looking pleasant. As long as I'm happy with my own outcome I'm happy. ... Wait... I just repeated.... nevermind @_@ :gives up trying to understand herself:

I'm so happy to have so many coloring buddies. :glomps the newly come buddies: Can't wait to see everyone else's... they're all so cool so far.
Yeito

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:29 pm

Sorry guys but I don't think i'll be entering this time. Who knows my plans just might change though. Sorry^^;

Everyones entry's look great so far =3

T_T No! Chibi-Chan! That's sad, but if your plans change -hooray! If not, I hope I'll be able to see your entry next time. ^_^ I like the way you colour your pics.

Don't worry, Yeito; I think I understand, even if you don't :lol: I'm glad yours is coming along well. I have yet to print the base pic out yet. Hmm... maybe I'll try it and see if someone's got the black ink catridge working again...

<EDIT>Whoot! It worked! ...I'd better start colouring. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:41 am

Esoteric wrote:I'm trying to push myself a little with this one too, using photoshop to composite colored pencil and toothpaste... *clasps hands over face* errr, I think I've said too much as well!

:lol: Though I can't figure out whether you're serious or not....

I'm glad you finally managed to print the picture out, Soph. I'm lucky: I'll be able to see your work before anyone else ^(^0^)^ <(woo!)

I'm looking forward to seeing your one, too, Yeito. I like the effect of coloured pencils in colouring.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Scribs » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:24 am

Ok, I have an odd request. Could someone post the original picture so that it just appears on th screen? This is because my computer is not letting me open attachments or links. If a picture is right on the screen however I can save it to my hard drive. So if somone could do that, It would be much apreciated. Thank you.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:20 am

piloswine wrote:Ok, I have an odd request. Could someone post the original picture so that it just appears on th screen? This is because my computer is not letting me open attachments or links. If a picture is right on the screen however I can save it to my hard drive. So if somone could do that, It would be much apreciated. Thank you.

Wierd. Are your security settings different or something? Hmm, I don't know how to post it so that only the picture is on the screen, but I can post a sideways version so it's 'larger'. *posts and looks at it* Bleh, that didn't work too well, but maybe it'll help....

CreatureArt wrote:Though I can't figure out whether you're serious or not....

Serious? Look at my face, I'm always serious! :lol: hehe, no actually, I am making use of toothpaste...it just won't look like toothpaste when I'm done with it! :cool:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:20 am

<EDIT> Let's just say that the picture posting wasn't much of a success.... :eh:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby kirakira » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:08 pm

Um, do ya mean like this?

Oi, I colored it in markers, but I'm new with markers, so I think I might just color another one in pencils...*muttering to self*
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby Yeito » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:05 pm

i think they mean to have it on there without having to click to make it show up.
Yeito

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:08 pm

I think you're right, Yeito. Would right-clicking to properties and finding the link to copy into your browser address bar work, Piloswine?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Scribs » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:23 am

Well I have it now, thanks to Creature art.

Thanks Creature Art!

Now I will begin to color...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:19 am

toothpaste eh? I see someone has learned the anceint art of dental coloration. A wise decision? We shall see.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:35 pm

EDIT: Oops sorry, double post. See next post.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:36 pm

Here's mine. I hope a little resising is okay. I like how the pants came out, myself.

I didn't see anything, so I asume anyone can join. At worst, my entries will be pulled and I would of had fun coloring Mave's line art, which is awsome, BTW.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Photosoph » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm

Wow! :wow!: That looks so cool, Shao! I really love the way you've done his pants. Cool written characters!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:20 pm

Hey, there we go; someone finally getting creative with the background! Nice job, i must say the purple hair is blinding... Don't worry, you don't need permission to enter, and it's certainly a worthy piece.

olorc wrote:toothpaste eh? I see someone has learned the anceint art of dental coloration. A wise decision? We shall see.

Speaking from experience perhaps? hehe, well toothpaste was your idea. In truth, it only plays a very small part in my picture, (and you can't even tell it's toothpaste). But now you've got me wanting to mix my whole collection oral hygene products with paint or food coloring just to see what kind of results i'd get. Sadly, i don't have time for that kind of experimentation this time around. Maybe next time I'll try that and compete with pilloswine for the wackiest version award... :evil: who knows!

Nice work so far guys. All the entries look really good!
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:20 pm

Awesome entry, Shao. I also like the markings on the dolphins. The writing on the pants looks very, very cool too, especially contrasting against that blue. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of effect that toothpaste has on your colouring, Esoteric. What's it like to work with?

QUESTION: I probably should have asked this earlier, but is it all right to colour the linework itself? It is still visible, but subtle since it is the same tone as whatever is nearby. It is very easy to put the non-coloured linework back, so I dont mind if colouring the linework that way is stretching the rules a little; but it looks very cool with it on :grin: .

<<EDIT>>
I didn't notice it while it was still loading, but that textured background does look really cool, Shao! Could I ask how you got that effect?
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Scribs » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:34 pm

I think I am justified in saying that you can do almost anything within reason (and sometimes a little out of it) to color the pictures. So long as you can tell that it was at one point the original drawing you should be OK. :thumb:
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Awesome. Thanks, Piloswine. :) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:24 pm

gyahh...I only have done about 3/4 of my background...
's takin' so looong

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Photosoph » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:17 pm

Erm... I've just started the hair and robe. :sweat: Ah well, I've made a start. Now I just need to go on from there. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:37 pm

Well, okay, here's the deal with the toothpaste. I wanted to have bubbles in my picture, but I was having a horrible time trying to draw them with colored pencils. It just wasn't working, so after trying and failing to mimic bubbles with ink splatter, I remembered Olorc's mention of toothpaste. I decided toothpaste might have just the proper consistency to make some nice faux bubbles. No, I didn't put the toothpaste onto my artwork (for obvious reasons), but I played around on this sheet. I then scanned the sheet and added the bubbles digitally.

It's difficult to compare toothpaste to any medium. Closest would probably be gouashe <sp?> Since it is also opaque, fast drying, and re-wettable....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:38 pm

Wow - that's a really cool effect. Ok, now I'm really looking forward to seeing how you've used it. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Sam*ron » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:25 pm

Can I still submit something?? How much time do I have!?
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:28 am

I'm pretty sure it is due by the 25th of June, so you should have time to complete an entry. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:56 am

Wow shao yours is WAY awesome!!! Those bubbles are pretty sweet to esoteric LOL!!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:10 am

Esoteric wrote:It's difficult to compare toothpaste to any medium. Closest would probably be gouashe <sp?> Since it is also opaque, fast drying, and re-wettable....

Oo, they probably would be pretty similar, 'cept for the fact that gouache tastes gross. I wonder if toothpaste would work as a mistake correction fluid...

Excellent entry Shao! I totally never would have thought of using some of the ideas and effects that you used, it's very awesome ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby olorc » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:37 am

sam*ron my old friend (well, i don't mean that you are old, just that I've known you for a while :red: ) ahem... either ....way .... you're always welcome. the date is the 25th. so you have 10 days. plenty of time!!! <.< >.>
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Sam*ron » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:13 pm

?? Okay.. Weirdo. ^_^; Thanks Olorc. ^^ I will try to get it in as soon as I can!!!
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:33 pm

[quote="CreatureArt"]Awesome entry, Shao. I also like the markings on the dolphins. The writing on the pants looks very, very cool too, especially contrasting against that blue. :thumb:

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of effect that toothpaste has on your colouring, Esoteric. What's it like to work with?

QUESTION: I probably should have asked this earlier, but is it all right to colour the linework itself? It is still visible, but subtle since it is the same tone as whatever is nearby. It is very easy to put the non-coloured linework back, so I dont mind if colouring the linework that way is stretching the rules a little]
The BG is just a wallpaper I found online. I use it for my Xanga.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Yeito » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:39 pm

I... Mine seems so.... dull .... -__- *sigh* oh well..

I really liked it too. All the entries so far are great. o_o i hope I get mine done... <.<;

And on the picture.... I thought that was a continuation of the jacket.. I didn't know they were pants. o_o Do I need to color them as pants?
Yeito

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner