Photosoph's Photoshops (and others)

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Ingemar » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:36 am

I like the panicky guy with the blue field.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Thanks W4J, thanks CA, thanks Ingy (well, everyone else's name was shortened! :grin: ;) ). Sorry it took me so long to reply; thank you guys for your comments. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby KrescentMoon » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:33 pm

...wow. Your art is so cuuuuute! XD *squeals* My first impression was "aaaaah......uber cuuuute!" I like how your coloring is soft and creamy! *__* I hope to see more.

"The key to tomorrow is to have faith for a better day."
KrescentMoon

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:50 am

Aw, thanks Krescent! Yes, I shall have to post more. ^_^ Yay! Soft and creamy! :P
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:50 am

As always, I love your distinct style and bright colors! XD
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:16 pm

Thanks Mave! ^_^

Hmm... I'd like to post more, and may do so soon... however at the mo I'm working on editing one of my stories for post on CAA, so an update here won't happen straightaway -probably in a few days. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:57 pm

hehe, oops, I haven't checked your thread in a while :sweat:

Looking at the two versions of the parrot's beak... I like the semi-hard edges on the gradient of the first one, but the higher level of contrast on the second...if that makes sense.
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:26 pm

After re-looking at them, I think I understand you. The new shading job is nice, but the old one had more... texture or something. Hmm... it's cool to be able to work on this piece and learn more stuff. ^_^ I'll try using both layers... or maybe a couple 'o filters... *rambles on and goes off to experiment*
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Myoti » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:48 am

Great stuff, Photosoph! :thumb:

I noticed a couple of minor things, but they were already pointed out. Other than those, this is some amazing stuff.

I also really like the animations, and the "zapped" is good, even if it didn't end up quite how you expected (brain freeze!!! :lol: ). The mushroom and burger ones were good, too, and reminded me of sprites from a video game.

All in all, I think my favorite one wasn't really even posted here:

Your avvie!! :lol:
Myoti

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:43 pm

Thanks Myoti! Actually, I was thinking of posting the full-sized av pic. *Attaches new pictures...*

I really love creating gif animations, and would love to create game sprites -however, the sad thing is that by the time I would be abel to get a career in 2d game spriting, everything will be 3D. :waah!: Ah well, I'll just do it for fun. ^_^

Muwha! First of all, I've attached the full version of my av. I pretty much traded an original watery effect done with slight filter tweaking and a lot of hard work for a quick job totally taken over by the 'Plastic Wrap' filter on Photoshop... but i liked it; the effect reminded me both of water and cyberspace. I wasn't totally sure how I should do the shadow from the feet, since the shadow passed through two different areas of cell shading... but in the end, after trying out making the shadow lighter in the lightest cell shaded area and a few other things, I ended up decided on this form of shading.

The second pic is one that I entered into a contest where you had to something which represented 'New Zealand Heritage' to you. For me, I love all our forests and our birds, so I went and drew a whole lot of different native and endemic (native meaning naturally found in a country while endemic means found only found in one country; something I found out when I did the research for different New Zealand birds) birds. Some are extinct -like the huge moa and eagle to the top left that fed on moa. Others are endangered, others common... anyway, I didn't end up winning and was glad I took a copy of the picture because of course, they didn't send entries back. *Sigh* Oh well, it was good to have an excuse to put a lot of effort into a piece, and was a great learning experience.

*Looks at the above ramble* D'oh! So long. ^_^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:18 pm

That's awesome Photosoph! Got to love anything with a moa (couldn't have anything to do with it being my favourite bird). I love the colours and different species of birds. I'm guessing that's one of the smaller moa species and not the giant moa, judging by its size? The new avatar is very coold also!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:14 pm

Definitely one of the smaller varieties. I love moas -though sparrows are my favourite birds (I just love the way they can look pretty even in 'dull' colours like grey and brown... though if you look carefully you can see pinky peach-tones in their feathers). I also love chickens and penguins, because they make me laugh. :grin: However, I so wish moas still existed -imagine having one for a pet! No more need for the evil school bus... :evil: I'm not sure how big the biggests moas could get though -do you know, W4J?
Thank you for the comment, W4J. :)
I like my new avatar too -it'll probably last as long as it takes me to feel my pencil itching to draw another one. ^_^ But that shouldn't happen for quite a while.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:25 pm

I've read in encyclopedias that they could grow to 4 metres tall! But the most accepted size is 3.5 metres tall. I agree that they would make great pets! Perfect robber deterrents too!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Photosoph » Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:31 pm

Yeah, battling out the backyard billy goat from its position as burglar-insurance!
Sheesh, four metres... that would be so cool!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Myoti » Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:25 pm

Me likes Monket!! :lol:

Seriously, though, all this stuff is just really great.

[QUTOE]I really love creating gif animations, and would love to create game sprites -however, the sad thing is that by the time I would be abel to get a career in 2d game spriting, everything will be 3D. Ah well, I'll just do it for fun. ^_^[/QUOTE]
Never! Join my future company and we shall make 2-D design last forever!!

I don't mind 3-D stuff, but I doubt it'll ever go full 3-D. Trust me. ;)
Myoti

Postby Danyasaur » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:18 pm

I don't think I've ever comented on your art, but now, Ir eally have to XD I love your style and all the bright colors I especially like the Apple Bird and Kiwi Griffin *I think he'd look insanely cool with little furry wings, haha*

rock on, and I love your animations! ^_^

EDIT: I almost forgot. . . MONKET'S SO ADORABLE! may I glomp it? X3
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby HikariChan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:52 pm

I must agree, your art is great and the bright colors make it really stand out, Outstanding Photosoph:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:49 pm

I don't mind 3-D stuff, but I doubt it'll ever go full 3-D. Trust me.

That's reassuring -I've always loved 2-D graphics. ^_^

Thanks for commenting, Arch_A; hm... perhaps I should do a 'chibi' version with tiny stubby wingalings? XD And yes! The monket is entirely free for an extra huggle! :)

Thanks Hikarichan! I love bright colours -reminds me of all those old kids cartoons I used to watch. :grin: Btw, is that a new avatar? I can't remember seeing much of it before.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:16 pm

I really love creating gif animations, and would love to create game sprites -however, the sad thing is that by the time I would be abel to get a career in 2d game spriting, everything will be 3D. Ah well, I'll just do it for fun. ^_^

Eh, that's no reason not to practice. ^^ 2D animation will still be around, perhaps not as prevalent as 3D, but it has a unique feel, like the sprite animations in the GBA Fire Emblem games. Those are awesome, and I don't think 3d versions would look better either. I'm absolutely boggled by how they fit so much detail into so few pixels. *gets dizzy from thinking too hard and falls over*
Esoteric

Postby Photosoph » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:31 pm

That's true... then perhaps there's a chance! *strikes a dynamic pose with MS Paint in one hand* ;) When I started out drawing on the computer, all I had was MS Paint... that was how I learned to do tiny, pixelated gif animations. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby HikariChan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:47 pm

photosoph wrote:Thanks Hikarichan! I love bright colours -reminds me of all those old kids cartoons I used to watch. Btw, is that a new avatar? I can't remember seeing much of it before.

YUP! I changed it today~
Wow looking through your thread, you like birds lmao! very very neat stuff~

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Myoti » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:10 am

That's true... then perhaps there's a chance! *strikes a dynamic pose with MS Paint in one hand* When I started out drawing on the computer, all I had was MS Paint... that was how I learned to do tiny, pixelated gif animations. ^_^

Work with me and we shall take the gaming world by storm!! :lol:
Myoti

Postby Photosoph » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:52 pm

Yup, I do like birds; just the way they fill so many different ecological niches, the fact that they can fly, that they're covered in feathers, that they come in so many shapes and sizes... yup; I find them very interesting -especially to draw.

Go pixellated MS Paint graphics!!! No one can resist their pint-sized 2D oddness and cuteness!!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous

Return to Art Corner