Okami manga- new manga i'm trying ^^

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Okami manga- new manga i'm trying ^^

Postby girlninja » Tue May 24, 2005 5:22 am

well this is my first attempt at a manga >< i'm not good but i'm trying lol this is based off my story in the writing thread titled "a story or novel not sure which heh" but i'm tryin to draw >< please let me know what you think

this is the rough draft of the title page and a few of the pages...their sketchy but i wanted to see what ppl thought ^^;;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby Puguni » Tue May 24, 2005 5:04 pm

You said it was sketchy, so I hope that you will make sure to make the characters stand out. ^^ You shouldn't put so much margin inbetween the panels and...that's it! XD
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby girlninja » Tue May 24, 2005 6:49 pm

^^ ok i was wondering when their talking do i Bubble around the words or how should i do it? should i ink it, color it? *i don't own a tablet or anything but i have colored pencils ^^ hehe* suggestions please ^^
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby Puguni » Wed May 25, 2005 12:13 pm

I think that's based on what you want. Most mangakas don't use bubbles when they're introducing something, and even then, sometimes they put boxes around them. :O I'd say leave the bubbles to the speaking. You don't have to color the bubbles...if that was what you were aiming at. But inking is good.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Photosoph » Wed May 25, 2005 2:24 pm

Those look really cool! I especially like the design on the first page, and the way you've drawn the main character. Nice design! One thing I did notice is that on the second page his arm might be a little small... but I'm not sure if that's part of your drawing style or anything. Other than that, I think they look good so far -although they are a little hard to read because they're in light pencil.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby oro! » Mon May 30, 2005 9:06 am

I like the chibi-ish design of hitori. Like photosoph said it is a little light to see clearly, maybe try pen for later ones? These are just scetches anyway...
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Return to Art Corner