A sketch.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

A sketch.

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon May 16, 2005 9:21 pm

After repeatedly promising various members that I'd put up a sketch, I've scratched out something I wouldn't feel so embarrassed that I'd want to shoot myself if someone saw. So, here it is. And please-- be kind to the poor sad little thing.

As you'll be able to see by the attachment, this a sketch I did on a piece of scrap paper. As I was drawing it, I became more and more attached to it. Finally, I just decided to try and erase what I could from it and let it be what it was. This sketch is of Lily Potter and is the product of a Potter frenzy I've been experiencing as of late. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby SorasOathkeeper » Mon May 16, 2005 10:18 pm

Wow! Your really good! I love the pick!
SorasOathkeeper

Postby Puguni » Wed May 18, 2005 6:02 pm

You did well with the anatomy! :D I like the pose, it's awesome.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Sakura15 » Wed May 18, 2005 6:25 pm

Wow, nice job! :thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Angelchick » Wed May 18, 2005 9:28 pm

nice, it looks good.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Ichigo_89 » Fri May 20, 2005 7:17 am

It may not be slick and flashy, but you got the form right, dead on. And that's what really matters. *thumbs up*
Ichigo_89

Return to Art Corner