anime4christ's art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

anime4christ's art

Postby anime4christ » Thu May 05, 2005 12:20 pm

Here's a sketch of my lil sis, she's 5 and is in her "usual" mood in the pic. I know I drew the upper arms too short, that's no problem, I could fix it, but I'm too lazy. Now, my biggest problem is around the neck. I'm not that good at attaching heads, any suggestions? It's a little like chibi, but not exactly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Thu May 05, 2005 3:44 pm

YAY! I get to be the first to reply :P
Ok... neck problem. Often, the best way I have found to fix that on Chibi's is to...
HAVE NO NECK! bwahahahaha
But seriously, as this is a kid and rather chibi-like, I'd say have a little bit of a neck, but not much. Maybe shrink her head down abit too, cause she isn't an official "chibi" in the sense of super-deformed.

Anyway, hope that helps ;)
Hephzibah

Postby mai » Thu May 05, 2005 4:52 pm

That is Really cute ^-^ I like how you did the eyes. Usually with chibis the neck is really short and thin [at least the ones I've seen] also, did you draw the head or the body first?
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby anime4christ » Thu May 05, 2005 5:05 pm

the head, I always start with the eyes, then the nose, the mouth, the chin, the hair, the neck, and down.
anime4christ

Postby Sakura15 » Thu May 05, 2005 8:11 pm

Haha, I dont know if anyone's read Parfait tic, but she reminds me of Koto-chan
Ichi's little sister.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby anime4christ » Thu May 05, 2005 8:56 pm

OK, here's some better neck positioning. Hav any idea why that girl is surrounded by all that tropical stuff?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Thu May 05, 2005 9:03 pm

Those necks look alot better! :grin: Did you draw them just now? They look nifty :grin:
Ok... I'm going to hazard a guess as to why she is surrounded by the tropical stuff.
Is she in Eden? Heaven?
Hephzibah

Postby anime4christ » Thu May 05, 2005 9:16 pm

No, these were a while back, and she's surrounded by that stuff cuz i was too lazy to draw the hands and feet, so I drew that instead. :grin:
anime4christ

Postby Sakura15 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:18 am

anime4christ wrote:No, these were a while back, and she's surrounded by that stuff cuz i was too lazy to draw the hands and feet, so I drew that instead. :grin:

ROFL! :lol: when I get to lazy to draw that hands, I usually put one in a pocket and one behind their back hah
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby mai » Fri May 06, 2005 2:18 pm

anime4christ wrote:No, these were a while back, and she's surrounded by that stuff cuz i was too lazy to draw the hands and feet, so I drew that instead. :grin:

The first pic had really good hands and feet ^-^ I've always had trouble with feet and hands two for that matter. I look forward to seeing more :)
My Website [online comic]

Do you find your self worried alot of the time about things that don't always make sense?

Are you experiencing any of these?
• Persistent feelings of sadness, irritability or anxiety
• Overreaction to irritations
• Loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed,
• Sleep too much, or sleep too little
• Unexpected loss or gain of weight
• Tiredness or restlessness
• Slowed movement, thought and/or speech
• Guilt, low self-esteem, feelings of worthlessness
• Inability to concentrate and poor memory
• Loss of motivation
• Feelings of hopelessness
• Suicidal thoughts and/or behavior
• Withdrawal from relationships, anti-social behavior
• Physical aches and pains that seem to have no other cause

If you have a few of the symptoms on this list, you may be suffering from a form of clinical depression there are many sites that offer advice and help.
mai

Postby anime4christ » Fri May 06, 2005 2:42 pm

I know, but they took me a year to draw, jk
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Fri May 06, 2005 4:18 pm

I've had a picture thats taken me three days to draw... mainly cause I couldn't be bothered to sit down for long periods of time ;)
Hephzibah

Postby anime4christ » Fri May 06, 2005 4:26 pm

I'm joking about the year, but a pic with hands takes longer than one without for me
anime4christ

Postby Meza » Fri May 06, 2005 4:33 pm

(anime4christ) I always start with the eyes, then the nose, the mouth, the chin, the hair, the neck, and down.

me too
www.tuversion.com Reggaeton Cristiano
Meza

Postby Hephzibah » Fri May 06, 2005 4:36 pm

When I draw, I start with a circle, then decide what angle the face will be at and draw a line from the forehead to chin. I shape the head around that, then put in the nose, mouth and eyes. Next comes the ear, hair, neck and rest of body (which is first shown through a line to show what the body is doing [eg standing still, twisting, etc] and two other lines for what the legs are doing [eg kicking, posing, etc] )
Hephzibah

Postby anime4christ » Fri May 06, 2005 4:46 pm

I've always been one of those "natural" artists, where I don't need an outline or anything, I can start straight from the detail and still make it come out right (depends on how much time I spend on it). I can eve start with the details and then draw the main lines at the end if I wanted to, sort of inverted. In fact, I'm bad at drawing with an outline, weird as it may seem. But necks, that's still probably my biggest problem.
anime4christ

Postby Hephzibah » Fri May 06, 2005 4:55 pm

anime4christ wrote:I've always been one of those "natural" artists, where I don't need an outline or anything, I can start straight from the detail and still make it come out right (depends on how much time I spend on it). I can eve start with the details and then draw the main lines at the end if I wanted to, sort of inverted. In fact, I'm bad at drawing with an outline, weird as it may seem. But necks, that's still probably my biggest problem.

I used to draw without outlines, and learned by drawing anime pictures I had on my comp. However, I borrowed out How to Draw Manga (vol. 1) from the library several months ago, and they used the outline method, so I tried it out... and strewth, all I can say is that my drawings are SO MUCH BETTER! (but then... they were rather bad to begin with ;) ). I guess its because I'm a mathematically minded person, it helps me to see what proportion everything has to be divided into.
Hephzibah

Postby anime4christ » Fri May 06, 2005 5:16 pm

I'm kinda mathematical too, but I can usually see proportions and stuff without the outline. Like I said before, I can't draw good with an outline. ;)
anime4christ

Postby anime4christ » Fri May 06, 2005 5:18 pm

One thing though, in most of my drawings, ppl have oversized heads. I don't really mind it, I could draw a normal sized head, but they look so darn cute with a little bigger than normal head. BTW, a lot of anime shows have the kids with oversized heads. ;)
anime4christ

Return to Art Corner