may coloring contest

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

The Case of the Missing Piloswine

Postby Photosoph » Mon May 23, 2005 6:09 pm

You're right, Esoteric. It's quiet... too quiet. And the entries are all photoshopped/Gimped/non standard program-coloured. I wonder what he's up to... >.> <.< -_-
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Falcon » Tue May 24, 2005 4:11 am

Thanks for the encouragement Photosoph. I had a greattime coloring the art given to us. It was a cool picture. I didn't really know how to deal with the bird so I tried to make feathers.... oh well its all learning.
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby olorc » Tue May 24, 2005 1:12 pm

man, these are really good guys, quite frankly i didn't know how many would be up for this challenging piece this month. I've been away for a bit. Busy with school. I don't think I'll be able to get an entry ready for this month. Very impressive so far.
Am I correct in saying that thus far only falcon, chibi, and photosoph have submitted entries?
Keep up teh awesomeness. :thumb:
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue May 24, 2005 1:47 pm

I am suspiciously procrastinating, I just printed it out yesterday, and have started on it now. The Bird is a nice shade of green...
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Wed May 25, 2005 2:36 pm

Lol! Sounds good already, Piloswine. Yup, I think it's just us three who've submitted so far.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Wed May 25, 2005 5:04 pm

I am suspiciously procrastinating, I just printed it out yesterday, and have started on it now. The Bird is a nice shade of green...
Yesterday 01:12 PM

Green? You made it green? <swoons in dismay> Oh, wait a second, there's that song Green Bird that i totally love and frequently hum at work. Very well, I condone your green bird. :lol:
Esoteric

Postby Scribs » Wed May 25, 2005 6:22 pm

Here it is in all its glory!

"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Falcon » Thu May 26, 2005 4:16 am

Wow, Soooooooooooooooo much happn here dude.
A Bird that projects holograms.
A sun that has attitude.
And an egg man that vows never to be cracked.
Piloswine this is truely some thing else.
A+ for imagination and creativity, Is there some story to this?
Love Light Life -
be these and it could cost you your Pride.
do not be them and you will sure keep your Pride.
But certainly lose your Love, Light and Life.

Love God, Love People.
Falcon

Postby Scribs » Thu May 26, 2005 1:29 pm

no story really, but I can tell you who some of the people are.
The man who the bird is projecting is eli whiney,
the guy who is being summoed by the staff is an argentinian guy,
and I have no idea about the rest...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Thu May 26, 2005 1:43 pm

O_O
Once again, I am totally blown away. So much colour! So much creativity! So many extra images! That rocks, Piloswine!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Esoteric » Thu May 26, 2005 9:15 pm

Ah, another masterpiece. I'm as confused as ever...
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Fri May 27, 2005 4:32 pm

I decided to color this for fun and wasn't really planning to submit this. Reason: I made some digital changes (i.e adding the mask to the guy's face) and wondered whether I broke any rules. But after seeing what piloswine did, my apprehension completely disappeared. :lol:

Mave

Postby Esoteric » Fri May 27, 2005 5:17 pm

Ooooooooh, yessssss! Love the designs on the robe and staff, and the half-mask is a nice touch too! Super cool, Mave.

BTW, I'm quite flattered that you wanted to color it just for fun!
Esoteric

Postby Yeito » Fri May 27, 2005 7:24 pm

This... I... but... I can't believe I missed this. I would enter but seeing as how the deadline is tomorrow and I'm about to die from sleep deprivation... I'm going to have to pass...

I didn't even know this was going ... like at all... r_r... u_u *sigh* I need to pay more attention. But I think I will watch to see who wins though. ._.
Yeito

Postby Photosoph » Fri May 27, 2005 10:26 pm

:O_O: So... many... cool... effects... *blinks* >.< O.O Nope, my eyes weren't fooling me. ^_^
That's so cool Mave! :thumb: I think the staff and feathers flying everywhere look especially great. I could easily imagine this guy walking into an anime/manga scene.

Don't worry Yeito, Olorc's art contest happens monthly, so you'll have another chance to enter.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Sat May 28, 2005 7:00 am

Thanks~ X3

I'm starting to like the idea of this coloring contest more and more after seeing the entries. It's a great way to polish up one's coloring skillz. Do you guys share coloring tips? Just wondering coz I think we all can learn from each other.
Mave

Postby Yeito » Sat May 28, 2005 10:41 am

Yah but I don't have any special effects stuff I can use. x_x I'm stuck with colored pencils and a scanner. <.<; :can't afford the fancy stuff: u_u; Oh well ^-^; I think I do at least an ok job with pencils.

I really like what all you guys are doing though. o_o It's like *woosh* amazing! (\o.o/)
Yeito

Postby Esoteric » Sat May 28, 2005 1:09 pm

Mave wrote:Thanks~ X3

I'm starting to like the idea of this coloring contest more and more after seeing the entries. It's a great way to polish up one's coloring skillz. Do you guys share coloring tips? Just wondering coz I think we all can learn from each other.

Yeah, we share coloring tips. Mostly, it's learning by observation, but when someone adds a cool effect to a picture, by all means you can ask how they specifically did that. I've certainly learned some thing just by looking at different entries.

[quote="Yeito "]Yah but I don't have any special effects stuff I can use. x_x I'm stuck with colored pencils and a scanner. <.<]
We haven't had a colored pencil entry in a long while. That could be a good idea. Hmm, maybe I'll try colored pencils next time too...depending on what the picture is.
Esoteric

Postby Mave » Sat May 28, 2005 1:33 pm

Esoteric wrote:Yeah, we share coloring tips. Mostly, it's learning by observation, but when someone adds a cool effect to a picture, by all means you can ask how they specifically did that. I've certainly learned some thing just by looking at different entries.

I see I see... >^^< If anyone wants brushes and pattern files, they're welcomed to ask me for them.

We haven't had a colored pencil entry in a long while. That could be a good idea. Hmm, maybe I'll try colored pencils next time too...depending on what the picture is.

0.o! I never thought of using colored pencils eventhough I have them. hehe Shall we make the next month's contest a 'colored pencil only' competition? It'll be interesting to see what we all generate. (^_^)
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Sat May 28, 2005 2:30 pm

Yeah... a coloured pencil contest could be really interesting!
Unfortunately I don't think I'd be able to enter that one -just because my hands get really sore when I try to shade things really nicely; it's just because a while ago I took down a HUGE amount of notes, and after that my hands get sore when I colour -not so much when I sketch in pencil or use the tablet though, weirdly enough.
So I wouldn't be able to enter... unless... *has a sneaky idea* no wait, I think I'd be able to enter. *crafty smile*. I might just print it out really small so I wouldn't have to colour so much. :lol:
A coloured pencil contest would be really cool.

What sort of brushes do you have, Mave?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Sat May 28, 2005 2:46 pm

I know what you mean! I wear an armguard to help my poor hand feel better from the the heavy use.

Brushes?
Took me a while to search on the internet for them but most of them are worth it. XD
Mave

Postby olorc » Sat May 28, 2005 4:49 pm

well well well... so here we are again...
another month gone by, another coloring contest to rap up.
I assume all the entries are submitted based on the conversations that have taken place and the fact that it is the deadline today anyway.
I'll cut to the chase.
The winner is... Photosoph!!!
Way to go. It was really close between Mave and Photosoph, but overall it looked to me as though it was a bit smoother (on the bird especially). However I did care for mave's armor coloring and creativity with the mask and feathers. In the end Photosoph's looked better to me as a picture. No hard feelings, this was the closest comp. I think we've ever had yet.
Photosoph: your banner can be found here.
Nice job everyone, hopefully all you new comers will come again next month. The thread for next month's coloring contest will be posted in the art corner forum sometime in the first week of the month as usual. If you have art you think would be good to use as the base image for next month's contest then by all means PM me with a link and I'll really consider it.

:thumb:
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat May 28, 2005 5:12 pm

Ooo, wow! They all look awesome!

And major congrats to Photosoph ^_^
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Scribs » Sat May 28, 2005 8:25 pm

Congrats Photosoph!

you can count me in for next months contest... I am nearly exploding with evil anticipation... *evil chuckle*

Nice job to all who entered, and I hope more of you do next month.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Photosoph » Sat May 28, 2005 8:47 pm

O_O Cool! Thank you guys. I really didn't expect this -there was such tough competition.
Can't wait until next month \(^_^)/ -and it looks like there'll be a lot of entries in the June comp, considering all the posts on this one. It's so cool to see everyone's different take on the same picture.

Wow, those are a lot of brushes Mave. I remember we used to have a butterfly brush (before one of our many computer crashes :sweat: ) At the mo we have the usual standard ones as well as some neat music and excellent comic background ones. Seeing your list makes me want to hunt down some more of my own :drool: ;)
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Sat May 28, 2005 9:47 pm

*0*)// Alllrightt! Congrats, Photosoph! It was fun for all and that's the most important thing! X33 I think everyone did a great job and encourage everyone to participate in the future as well.

I'm so very tempted to contribute something to the base of next month's competition but I need to get done with my blasted oral examination next Wed first. (>_<);; Photosoph, if you're interested, I'll look for ways to host the brushes and patterns I have for you and everyone. ;)
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Sat May 28, 2005 10:40 pm

That would be really cool, Mave! Or if you're short on time, you could always email them to me. CreatureArt (my sis) is especially interested. :grin: I'll ask her which ones she likes -at the moment blackfeathers, catscratchfever, flowerpower, and forthebirds look really cool.
Are you sure you don't mind?
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Sun May 29, 2005 12:23 am

Yeah I don't mind, if you don't mind waiting for 1 or 2 weeks. I'm hoping for my mental torture to be over then...and even if it's not done, at least my nerves will be less tensed by then. (^_^);

Oh I had no clue your sis is CreatureArt. Awesome! X33
Mave

Postby CreatureArt » Sun May 29, 2005 2:50 am

It is true. I have been secretly watching this thread.

Yeah, PSoph's my sister. More than that: she's my twin sister :) . No problem - I hope everything goes well for you with your assessments and everything.

Hmm... methinks I will enter next competition. 'tis fun.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Photosoph » Sun May 29, 2005 1:35 pm

Whoot! CA posted! \(^_^)/
Hmm... I don't really mind waiting, but I was thinking about it last night, and I thought that now that I actually know the names of the different brushes, it'll be easier to search for them. 'Adobe photoshop brushes catscratchfever' or something along those lines would give a much better search result than just 'Adobe photoshop brushes'. So it'll be easier now that I know what to search for.
I'll check on google and see if I can find any sites; then maybe I can post the links in case anyone else wants them.
Just wondering in case that would be easier for you.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner