may coloring contest

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Esoteric » Sun May 29, 2005 4:06 pm

Congrats Photosoph! Man, this was a great month for the competition! Kinda sorry I wasn't participating (too busy), but I'm in for the June contest, so I hope to see you guys competing again too.
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Mon May 30, 2005 10:03 am

I'm still looking for art for next month's contest. I have some of my own, but it's still in sketch form and has some of the grainy-ness from the paper/smudges and isn't really refined. I'ld be glad to use it, but I think I'ld rather refine it and use it maybe for July. That being said: who wants to have their art colored next month?
I'll look in some of the galleries and maybe find some there which we could use with permission if I don't hear from anyone.

Yeito - you say all you have is a scanner and pencils? there is a freeware program that is very much like photoshop called the Gimp. It's a linux program, but there is a windows version (this is what I have). I use it for all my graphic design type work. It is a little more restricting than photoshop, but it is free and can really do quite a bit more than colored pencils most likely. I don't have the address where this can be downloaded but if you search on google for the Gimp I'm sure it'll be one of the first on the list. It's a relatively small download and there's a mac and windows version. Hope this helps and hope to see you next month.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Mave » Mon May 30, 2005 11:11 am

I wouldn't mind having my art colored next month and I have a lot of pics available. But eh...can I submit it after June 1st? I have a final examination on that day and things should be fine and dandy after that day.
Mave

Postby Photosoph » Mon May 30, 2005 4:52 pm

Soldier4Christ gave me the link a while ago -you can get GIMP here: http://www.gimp.org.

Thanks, Eso! I'll be looking forward to seeing your next entry. :thumb:

It'd be cool to colour one of your pics, Mave!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby olorc » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:04 pm

Mave, just PM me the link. thanks
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Previous

Return to Art Corner