You draw "Foreign Exchange!"

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

You draw "Foreign Exchange!"

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:07 pm

That's right...I'm giving you the great chance to draw Foreign Exchange side stories if you want. I've currently uploaded four pages of my comic "Foreign Exchange" on my art thread, called That Dudes Art. So check that out if you have the time...But anyway back to the point...I'm letting anyone who wants to draw their own little FE story and post it up here...And for all of you who haven't read it but are interested I'll be posting it on this thread as well as my art thread (as long as the mods are ok with it.) Well hope you guys (and gals) are interested because I'd love to see other peoples ideas and stories for it drawn out.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:11 pm

Here's some "cover art."

I'll be posting the rest in a little while...I need to save them to the new computer and then I'll post them up.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:43 pm

Here's the first page.

Teh 2nd page.

And the thoid page eh!

The fourth (and until I upload more) last page.

So how do you guys like it? Feel free to draw your own version of it. I'll post the 5th page when possible...It'll most likely be a while till I can though...
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:21 pm

Internet...! so...! ...slow! ...Must... ...post!
I can't remember if the cover art was on your art thread or not, but it looks really cool. ^_^ Lol! Dracula smilie... :lol: rofl! I really like the way you've drawn the hair -its softness, lines, shading, highlights etc (not still talking about the dracula smilie, of course).
I think I'd like to give drawing a FE comic a try... though my style will be quite a bit different (for a long time I struggled with drawing people. Then, very frustrated one day, I decided to use my knowledge of animals to try to draw a human. The result is... hmm... different, yet not too different. Not sure how to explain it. Maybe chibi meets monket meets... american cartoons?), and I'll probably attempt to colour it, so it may take awhile. ^_^ .

I'd like to see other people's ideas too!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Photosoph » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:16 pm

Muwhahaha! I have finally finished. :grin: I rushed it a little (especially the generic Photoshop gradient fill background :lol: ), and I still need to work on my style, but I hope you like it. ^_^

What do you think?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:33 am

Nice! I liked the humor. It's like something that I'd write :drool: The art ain't to bad either. Do more! Do more! And for all of you who check this thread out, draw a FE comic! I COMMAND YOU!
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:06 pm

Hmmm... will do! As soon as I have time. Now I just need to think of another plot and punchline... -got it! *bursts out laughing* all righty then, give me a few more days, and it willl be done! *smacks hands together*.
Thanks for letting us draw Foreign Exchange, T.Dude; it's really fun!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:10 pm

Your welcome Soph...I'll be looking forward to seeing your new one...Tell your sis to draw one also k?
That Dude

Postby christianfriend » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:39 pm

O_O Your pictures are great! And the storie is funny! Nice job!!! Twp thumbs up
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby That Dude » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:43 am

Thankee kindly Christianfriend. You wanna draw a little side thing like Soph's doing? *Insert shameless plug here,* you should check out my art thread CFriend!
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sun Apr 24, 2005 2:26 pm

Lol! Hmm... so far I have it drawn, scanned, and coloured. Now I just need to put it into frames and add txt etc... so hopefully it will be finished soon!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:10 am

Coolness...I'll be looking forward to it!
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:47 am

Ok here's pages five and six of FE!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:19 pm

But I thought you were a catboy! :grin:
Lol, 7.0... ^_^
Woot! *goes and dances across the webpage* more FE comic! In fact, I have mine all ready to post too. ^_^ So I'll go ahead and do that, and we can both have something to read.

<Edit>Sorry, his hair got more and more boofy with each panel :lol:
<Edit edit>I really love the way you worded 'Shing!!' in the second page. ^_^ Will post more details later when I have more time; I really enjoyed them both but don't have much time to comment right now. Will post later!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Mave » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:22 pm

That Dude, I like your drawing style. I must attempt the more chibi-like style one day. I like the premise of your project and I would have contributed something if it weren't for my hectic schedule. Oh yeah constructive criticism: You might want to arrange your panelling to keep the flow smooth. Apart from that, your effects and expressions are great! (^_^)

Photosoph, you're doing a great job ~ :) ...I'm very much entertained by both That Dude's and your effects. :thumb:
Mave

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:24 pm

Thanks for the constructive critisism Mave. Yeah I kind of get my panels to wacked out sometimes...I'll try and make it better though. Yeah whenever there's nothing for you to do I'd like to see you contribute something. Good luck on all your school stuff!

Soph...You got me down so well that it's scary!! I was like..."Man, her version is just like me." Do more!
That Dude

Postby Kewl Girl » Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:09 pm

Hey, would it be okay if we just drew pictures of the characters ??? Im no good at comics, but I could probably do the characters...
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
:jump: "I say BOO to lust, and DOWN with "hot"!!" :jump: , a quote from Felix.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:54 pm

Woo! I really like FE - and I really like Soph's side-stories, too. I'll do my best to give in to the prodding and draw one of my own... I've just got to come up with a storyline.... :P .

I LOVE Dan's search for 'The One'. The skit with the sumarai sword is awesome, too - especially the blank expression that goes with it. :lol: . Excellent, just excellent.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:42 pm

Photosoph, you're doing a great job ~ ...I'm very much entertained by both That Dude's and your effects.

Thank you so much for that encouragement! I'm glad you guys like my little stories. ^_^
Soph...You got me down so well that it's scary!! I was like..."Man, her version is just like me." Do more!

Will do! *sticks pen behind her air, pokes out her tongue, and gets to scribbling*
Lol! Really? Do you mean it looks like you or acts like you? :grin:

If T.Dude's fine with it, I'll really like to see your take on the FE characters, Kewlgirl.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:02 pm

Yeah feel free to draw up the chars Kewlgirl! Now your roped into it...I won't stop bothering you and CA until you gals do some stuff with it :evil:

Thanks for the compliments on my stuff CA! Yeah I really liked the little search for the one thing also...It's even funnier because Dan in real life loves Ayanami.

Yeah Soph, you got the way I act pretty much down...Not so much the looks (it's pretty close though) but you got my personality very close to how I am in real life.

K well I'll be looking forward to seeing stuff from you gals, CA, KewlGirl, Soph and if possible Mave.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:30 pm

Yeah Soph, you got the way I act pretty much down...Not so much the looks (it's pretty close though) but you got my personality very close to how I am in real life.

Cool! Well, I already have an idea for my version of your comic, so I'd better actually get to work. Aside from the action between the asterix in my previous post, I haven't yet started.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Kewl Girl » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:21 pm

If T.Dude's fine with it, I'll really like to see your take on the FE characters, Kewlgirl.

Yeah feel free to draw up the chars Kewlgirl! Now your roped into it...I won't stop bothering you and CA until you gals do some stuff with it.

Dont worry, it shouldnt take to long, but I cant do the coloring thing, dont have the equipment yet..

Ill try to do one that looks like the originals, but then I want to try to do one my way. So it may be a bit diffrent.

Ill try to get them done soon.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:08 am

Woo - I'm looking forward to seeing what you create, KewlGirl!

Yes... I'm trying to work on my comic. It's coming along. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kewl Girl » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:30 am

Well....heres my first try at some of the faces........ :sweat:

Youre style is extremly hard to imitate you know that ??!! Drawing Dna, and FB was a snap compared to this stuff!! :waah!:

This may take a lot longer to draw than I had thought... :sweat: Im going to have to pratice them for a while first... So it may be a while yet before I can get something worth while up...
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:39 am

Hey that's good. I find it kind of funny that you think my style is hard...I find drawing DNAngel and FB style kind of hard.

But yeah thanks for the pic. It's really cool! I'll be looking forward to seeing more from you.

Now if only CA would get some stuff up :evil:
That Dude

Postby Myoti » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:29 am

These comics are pretty good, but, like I believe Mave mentioned, it's a little hard to understand due to the lack of real panneling.

And Soph, yours are great as well. It's like doing the same story with just a slightly different style. Like it's the Sunday morning (color) version's of it. :D

I might try this out sometime.
Myoti

Postby Photosoph » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:36 pm

And Soph, yours are great as well. It's like doing the same story with just a slightly different style. Like it's the Sunday morning (color) version's of it. :D

I might try this out sometime.

:lol: Exactly!
I'd love to see your version of it. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:42 pm

Now if only CA would get some stuff up

It's a coming, it's a coming! ;) .

Youre style is extremly hard to imitate you know that ??!!

Agreed. Very much agreed. :lol: . I might have to come up with a completely different style like PSoph. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sun May 01, 2005 12:35 pm

Feel free to come up with a different style. I don't get what makes my style hard. Why do ya'll find it hard to imitate?

I'll try and make my next pages a little more coherent to read...

Now if Myoti and CA would get their stuff coming;)
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Sun May 01, 2005 12:54 pm

I really enjoy reading this. Do you have this on a site, or is it all done for CAA site?
Arnobius

Next

Return to Art Corner