You draw "Foreign Exchange!"

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Sakura15 » Sun May 01, 2005 1:04 pm

This is hilarious lol, I enjoy reading it also :grin:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Photosoph » Sun May 01, 2005 1:42 pm

Yay! More FE admirers.

So far I've drawn and inked the outlines for my next FE comic strip... now I just need to find a decent eraser.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby That Dude » Sun May 01, 2005 3:12 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:I really enjoy reading this. Do you have this on a site, or is it all done for CAA site?

Thanks for the compliment. Thanks also Sakura. And in answer to your question AH this is all done just for CAA.

I'm gonna try and come out with another page soon. And thanks for all your support everyone. I don't think that I could find the motivation to keep it going without you guys and gals...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sun May 01, 2005 5:19 pm

Well you deserve the motivation: it's a cool comic with a good sense of humour (and when we motivate you we get to read it so it works out to prosper everyone :) ) .

I'm working with a different program to do my version of the FE comic.. its taking a little longer to get used to it. :P . But its coming along. It might take a little while, because I have to finish an assignment and get back to the next term of school tomorrow ( :sweat: ).

I'm looking forward to the next page and everyone else's contributions, though! :) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Tue May 03, 2005 7:17 pm

Thanks CA. So what program are you using to draw it in? How's school coming along for you? BTW I checked out some of Constables stuff and it's very cool like you were saying.

Well I'm currently drawing the 7th page of FE. I'll try and have it in soon...It's kind of funny because I don't do any pre-pages or whatever...I've been drawing and writing the story on the spot.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Nami » Fri May 06, 2005 11:56 am

*falls over laughing* This is great! keep it up!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby That Dude » Fri May 06, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks Nami! You wanna try your had at drawing a little side story for it?
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sat May 07, 2005 1:33 am

Phew! I finally managed to nick some time and finished my FE story idea. I used Photoshop colouring on hand-drawn sketches. I'm still trying to draw anime-style but here it looks like there's a different drawing style for each panel. :lol: .

I'm glad that you thought Constable's work was cool, too. I love the storms and wild, open country that he paints.

I'm looking forward to the next page of FE. :) .

So here's my contribution:
Click me
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sat May 07, 2005 2:02 pm

Woot! Finally you got it up! I see that you're improving at your anime style...Hey I could do something with them army drills....:evil:
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sat May 07, 2005 4:13 pm

Sorry, haven't been working so hard on my comic strip version yet; however I have scanned it in and finished the first layer of colour on everything. So it's getting there. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Sun May 08, 2005 3:45 am

Thanks, TD. It's hard work :sweat:
I'm looking forward to your take on those army drills!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sun May 08, 2005 1:43 pm

Yeah...I'm not sure what I'd do with them...But there are a lot of comedic things that I can get out of army drills. Well Soph I'll be looking forward to you page too!
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sun May 08, 2005 3:36 pm

Thanks!
It's almost there; all the colouring etc is done, now I just need to put it into frames. Shouldn't take too long.
Go CA's version! :jump: \(^_^)/
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Sun May 08, 2005 8:34 pm

Yeah CA should do more...I'd like to see a straight up pencil from somebody! I'll be looking forward to seeing your new one Soph.
That Dude

Postby Nami » Mon May 09, 2005 10:26 am

That Dude wrote:Thanks Nami! You wanna try your had at drawing a little side story for it?

Hehe, I would..but..I am not to good at Anime..I could..I will see what I can come up with....
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby That Dude » Mon May 09, 2005 10:35 am

Hey you can draw it whatever style you want to Nami. Are you a One Piece fan? BTW I just finished page 7 yesterday and am gonna start drawing page 8 soon. I'll try posting it (7) soon...
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Mon May 09, 2005 5:20 pm

All right, I finally finished it.
Not totally satisfied with the movement/whatever lines in the second panel, but eh. ^_^ Hope you guys enjoy it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Mon May 09, 2005 8:31 pm

Lol! Very funny Soph!
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Tue May 10, 2005 6:08 pm

Thanks T.Dude! ^_^ It may take me a while to start another one, since at the mo I'm concentrating on my entry for Olorc's Colouring Contest. Hope I can get it done in time. :sweat:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Wed May 11, 2005 10:43 am

And now for the much awaited...PAGE 7! WooT! I have no clue when I'm going to update this thread next because I'm leaving for the summer to work at a bible camp in NE...I don't know if I'll have access to a scanner but if I do I'll be sure to update k?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed May 11, 2005 11:51 am

Here's an older (and a whole lot more serious) comic that I started and never got around to doing more. Tell me what you think...Hopefully you'll like it...If so I'll try and draw some more of it.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Wed May 11, 2005 1:28 pm

And now for the much awaited...PAGE 7! WooT! I have no clue when I'm going to update this thread next because I'm leaving for the summer to work at a bible camp in NE...I don't know if I'll have access to a scanner but if I do I'll be sure to update k?

That's cool. We'll miss you when you go, but we'll look forward to seeing you when you get back! One question tho: NE = New England?
Lol! Excellent job on FE7. Love the slipper. :grin: And the tiny star-like form of you in the 2nd panel. ^_^
Here's an older (and a whole lot more serious) comic that I started and never got around to doing more. Tell me what you think...Hopefully you'll like it...If so I'll try and draw some more of it.

...Wow. O_O I'm looking at the first page now... and man I'm amazed. You've got the pose looking really good; and I know foreshortening the legs etc when someone's jumping is really hard to do. Also the folds on the shirt and the hair look so cool! I also like the way you including the craters on the moon.
I love the art work on the second attachie. Great shading, especially on the bottom panel, and I love the effects like the explosion over the city, the look to the sound effect words, etc. Really cool!
I like it so far. ^_^

I was going to ask if it read right-to-left, but then I realised it did (after looking at you art thread). I remember the first time I read an authentic right-to-left manga... I got so confused. :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Wed May 11, 2005 4:53 pm

I'll reply to this more in depth in a while...But no I meant Nebraska. Not New England. Yeah I put a lot more work into Edge Of Solace than FE. I want EOS to be really good and serious.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sat May 14, 2005 3:09 am

It looks really awesome, TD. The messages on the T-Shirts are really cool, too. :) . The panelling has improved a lot (it looks good) and the scenic scene is a really nice touch.
Just wondering: will you still be able to go online in NE? :o

I also really like how you've done your version, Soph. I'd seen the pencils but the colouring turned out really well and the lighting was done nicely.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sun May 15, 2005 3:09 pm

Thanks...Did you notice the "shout out" to you on one of the shirts? Yeah I figured that I needed a scenic scene somewhere. (Actually it was easy to draw and is a good "filler" panel.)

Yes I'll still be able to go online out in Nebraska...But I'm just not sure if I'll be able to upload my art out there. I'll try to though. So yeah...I'll be visiting CAA but probably only twice a week or something like that.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sun May 15, 2005 11:00 pm

Awww... but still, I hope it all goes well in Nebraska. :) .
Yes, I saw the shout-out. Thanks, TD. I feel proud to be included in one of the comics. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Mon May 16, 2005 4:13 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes CA. I'm planning on starting the eighth page soon. But I have no clue when I'll get that one posted up. Maybe the next shirt I should mention something about conquering dust :grin:
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Tue May 17, 2005 12:59 am

:lol: That'd be awesome. It's always fun to have 'in' jokes in your comics. No problem - I'll just look forward to it whenever it comes :).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:53 pm

I think that I'm gonna start drawing a few more pages of FE soon...I haven't really made time to do it but I'm going to try soon.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:20 pm

It'd be cool to see more -but if you don't have time, no worries. Don't stress about it -I'm happy to wait. And if you're wondering why I'm saying that here like for your art thread, it's because I know for me I can get a little stressed sometimes if I feel that something gotta be done soon. Dunno if it that happens to you or not, but anyway, just whenever you have time. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner