WAHOO its finally finished!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

WAHOO its finally finished!

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:42 pm

[img]http://[IMG]http://img206.echo.cx/img206/1421/desertgirl2lv.th.jpg[/img][/IMG]

wee!! i did this all on the computer!

oh how i love my tablet and painter 8. ^_^
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Wow! That's great! I love the originality and the colour and everything! How long did it take and how long had you been learning to do digital art for when you created this?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:57 pm

Looks quite nice lass! Very good coloring...You might want to make the head a little bit smaller next time. It's quite large for the size of body you drew. just make it about a third smaller than it is and it'll be great. Very good though. You drew the body quite nicely.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:00 pm

thank you!

How long did it take and how long had you been learning to do digital art for when you created this?

hm ... wellll... it took me like.....many hours total. like..prob... *counts* ...5?

and well, ive been doing digital art for about... 3 years... uh i got painter 8 when i turned 15, and i got my tablet when i turned 16 last october! ^_^ soooo since the tablet, ive been doing alot of art on the computer.

cause tablets are just heavenly. XD
ImageImageImage

[font="Impact"][SIZE="3"][color="SeaGreen"]"Savannah's signature: ruining serious since 2008"[/color][/SIZE][/font]

[font="Georgia"][color="Orange"][url=yourtoesaremissing.deviantart.com]Visit my DA X3[/url][/color][/font]
chibiphonebooth

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:03 pm

You might want to make the head a little bit smaller next time. It's quite large for the size of body you drew.

yeahh..the big head thing is left over from my anime-drawing-stage. i cant seem to shake that off... >_<
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:24 pm

Got any tips on how to do digital art? I have a tablet and Photoshop 7 but I'm no closer to knowing what to do. Please help!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby chibiphonebooth » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:40 pm

Got any tips on how to do digital art? I have a tablet and Photoshop 7 but I'm no closer to knowing what to do. Please help!

hm well...uhh.... .*thinks*

lets say we aer doing a person.

what i do is first i get another layer on my canvas, and sketch out how i want my picture to look.

then on my canvas, i do the backround first. (because its a massive pain doing the foreground first and THEN the backround) >_<

then i get the base color of the skin and how the pose is. then i lightly place where i want the eyes and nose and mouth and such. then i outline where i want the clothes. after, i do the base color of the clothes. i start shading first (on skin and clothes), adding more and more shading and details. then i do the highlighting. (im sure you know this already, but make sure you know what direction the light is coming from in your picture. this is really important) theenn... i uhh...add in details, like the eyes and lips and such. then i do the hair last.

if you want a good tutorial for lips and shading and such go here. this is one place i learned from. i absolutly love her artwork..

http://www.furiae.com/index.php?view=gallery
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:50 pm

ooo, uber mad coloring skills u.ud
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Mr. Rogers » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:59 pm

nice work *__*
Mr. Rogers

Postby Aka-chan » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:32 am

Neat work! I love the highlights in her hair. Little details like that make me a very happy person. ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:18 am

What sort of brushes do you use and is Photoshop 7 able to help do paintings that look similar (more painted look than computer look)?

Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby chibiphonebooth » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:14 pm

hmm welllll... painter 8 has like.. a bajillion brushes you can use that give different textures. i usually use... oils anndd airbrushes. and then i use blenders.

and i believe photoshop has the cabability of making it look more painted.
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Postby Esoteric » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:58 pm

Wow, wonderful artwork! And that was an awesome link to those wallpapers...

So do you enjoy Painter 8? I guess I'm wondering how it compares to Photoshop, since I haven't used Painter since version 6. Are the watercolor brushes as realistic looking as I've heard?
Esoteric

Postby chibiphonebooth » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:04 am

yeah they are really realistic. ^_^

i still think that photoshop is better than painter, but ive never experienced photoshop. (except on the macs at school for a bit)

i prob think this becase EVERYONE has photoshop and everyones artwork WITH photoshop is really good. XD

but as of now, i enjoy my painter 8. there are a variety of brushes from airbrushes to pencils, to chinese brushes. there are even brushes that copy famous artists!

XD its a fun program.

i have a question tho. do i make this thread my thread to post all my artwork? or should i just make a new thread for each new picture that i want to post?

^_^
ImageImageImage

chibiphonebooth

Return to Art Corner