April Coloring Contest - Do have what it takes?

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby emersongreen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:06 pm

well....sry olorc....i have been to busy to do anythign coloring-wise, because i decided to try my hand at the wallpaper contest instead.....maybe next time
:poke: :bang:
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
emersongreen

Postby Scribs » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:54 pm

nice olorc, nice
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:47 pm

I'm working but very busy... you can end it and I'll turn it in later, or wait...I'll try to get it done.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Photosoph » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:08 pm

I really like the flames and the sparkly trail. How'd you do them? I'm guessing a gradient fill or filter thingie or a swatch for the rainbow colour on the flames, but how'd you make the trail look like it glows?

Excellent mousework. The common mouse is seriously underrated!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby olorc » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:50 pm

ya the flames are a fractal that I stole part of. then I duplicated the layer and filled that with a random colored cloud. (I use the gimp not photoshop BTW). The glow, I just duplicated another layer, put it behind the others and expanded it a little then feathered my selection and filled it with whatever color I want. Then if I want I can change the opacity and layer mode of the glow to make it fit. :thumb:
That's ok emersongreen. Next time.
Esoteric, I PMed you.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Photosoph » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:47 pm

Thanks for explaining! I might try to use that effect on Photoshop sometime.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby olorc » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:58 am

ok it's now the 17th... that means... time is up!

I didn't get anyone asking for a few days extra time extension so the entries recieved are all that made it. Thanks for all the intreset this time. It was great.

I've PMed Ink so anytime now the winner should be announced and the banner/honor awarded.
olorc

Postby inkhana » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:52 pm

Wow...^^;; Let me say that I've been sitting here for a while trying to make a decision...lol! It's not easy...these are definitely some really good entries. So after careful consideration, I think I'm gonna have to give this one to olorc. Congrats! :)

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Photosoph » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:53 pm

Cool! May the best man/woman/thing win!

<Edit> Too late... Well done Olorc! This time you get the banner! ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby olorc » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:04 pm

oooooo thank you!!
It's kinda weird winning the contest with your name in it...
...either way... great job everyone this was the best month we've had yet for this competition. Hopefully next year will be just as good. :thumb:
thanks also to ink for judging. :thumb:
See you all next month.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:41 pm

olorc wrote:oooooo thank you!!
...either way... great job everyone this was the best month we've had yet for this competition. Hopefully next year will be just as good. :thumb:
thanks also to ink for judging. :thumb:
See you all next month.

Hopefully next year?? :eyebrow: Methinks thou were overcome with excitement when thou wrote that. :grin: Anyway, congradulations! That was a nice job with the details. I'll be very interested in seeing what you do with next month's image. <wink, wink>
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:09 am

Eso wrote:
oooooo thank you!!
...either way... great job everyone this was the best month we've had yet for this competition. Hopefully next year will be just as good.
thanks also to ink for judging.
See you all next month.

Hopefully next year?? Methinks thou were overcome with excitement when thou wrote that. Anyway, congradulations! That was a nice job with the details. I'll be very interested in seeing what you do with next month's image. <wink, wink>
I think I said next month... but wtvr. ya I hope next month goes just as well.
olorc

Postby Photosoph » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:44 pm

We'll if everything goes well I'll hopefully be entering next month too. Definitely using Photoshop this time, though... hmm... unless I size it down to about 100 x 100 pixels before I start colouring... :lol:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby olorc » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:52 am

good good. :)
olorc

Postby Scribs » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:16 pm

Congrats Olorc.

Once again I have been foiled by the forces of photoshop and good workmanship. Next time Olorc. Next time.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:56 pm

we shall see my shiney headed friend. (at the time of this post pilo's av. was of christopher wordsworth with a shiney forehead.)
olorc

Previous

Return to Art Corner