Out of paper experience

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Out of paper experience

Postby Heed » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:58 am

Ok, this is the first time I have ever used photoshop, let alone anything like it on any of my sketches, let me know what you think...

Also, I posted the original...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Straight and Narrow

I chose to walk the straight and narrow road, but one day I lost balance and fell off it. I had fallen onto some sharp rocks and injured myself. There were people passing by who would merely stare at me, and then keep walking. Thoughts of worthlessness entered into my mind, and as I chose to believe the lies, my wounds grew worse. I was so overcome with grief that I nearly gave up... but then a man walked up to me and stopped. Without saying a word, he started to wrap my wounds, he gave me some water, and then lifted me up and embraced me. He then whispered these words into my ear, "I love you my child." As he said those words I could feel all the worthlessness and despair fall away. He then held out his hands. They had huge holes in them. He then said, "Walk with me." I then took his hand and we walked together. Every now and then I would fall from the road, but no matter where I fell, he was always there to pick me up and tell me that He loved me.

-by Micah Smith
Heed

Postby soul alive » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:19 am

i like it. it has a nice texture, real grungy feeling. looks like a block print. the text feels a little out of place, though. maybe if you change the font to something more grungy looking...

but it's nicely done, esp. for your first photoshop encounter (i have yet to have my first encounter... lol) :thumb: and since i haven't seen you around (that i know of) yet, welcome to CAA.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Heed » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:23 am

Thanks, I am starting to enjoy photoshop more... I will post some of my regular sketches soon..

Oh, btw, I have been a member here for over a year, I am just rarely around lol

But thanks for the warm welcome
The Straight and Narrow

I chose to walk the straight and narrow road, but one day I lost balance and fell off it. I had fallen onto some sharp rocks and injured myself. There were people passing by who would merely stare at me, and then keep walking. Thoughts of worthlessness entered into my mind, and as I chose to believe the lies, my wounds grew worse. I was so overcome with grief that I nearly gave up... but then a man walked up to me and stopped. Without saying a word, he started to wrap my wounds, he gave me some water, and then lifted me up and embraced me. He then whispered these words into my ear, "I love you my child." As he said those words I could feel all the worthlessness and despair fall away. He then held out his hands. They had huge holes in them. He then said, "Walk with me." I then took his hand and we walked together. Every now and then I would fall from the road, but no matter where I fell, he was always there to pick me up and tell me that He loved me.

-by Micah Smith
Heed

Postby Angelchick » Sat Mar 12, 2005 3:25 pm

nice, that looks cool.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Return to Art Corner