Please rate my work. Oh, anyone have advise on how to draw guys?

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Please rate my work. Oh, anyone have advise on how to draw guys?

Postby Liger'smane » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:52 am

Hi. I have a few bit of pertyness that I was wondering if people would judge. I posted a symolar post in a different section on accedent. Um, and as you can see I can't draw my own guys... only predone guys from existing mangas. I used to have a bro who propably would have helped with all that but he's gone now. :waah!: Any links or stuff would work (plz limit the whole nudity thing, I'm fine with gals cuz I am one but I draw a line at guys). Thanks so much. ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13 :angel: ;)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
~~~
War determines not who is right, but who is left. :bang:

There is no such thing as good luck. There is only misfortune and its occasional absence.:evil:

Viking proverv:"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn." MUAHAHAHA!:evil:
Liger'smane

Location: Often, I occupy that vacant space in between my ears.

Postby Zar » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:23 am

I don't know how good of an answer this is, but just keep practicing. Look at the the professional stuff you like and study it. Why is this line here and what makes this a succesfully drawn character. If you really want get wicked awesome your need some human figure structure practice, but I don't know how hard it is finding books without nudity though.
Oh you got some good stuff so far!!!!!!!!
Day after day nothing seems to change, but pretty soon everything is different
Zar

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:56 am

looks like you have a great start. a couple good resources for drawing anime/manga style are http://www.howtodrawmanga.com and http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm .

some tips for drawing the male body, these are just general though, if you are drawing a skinnier or heavier or more muscular guy they will differ:

-shoulders are one head wide on either side of the head
-whole body is usually about 7 heads tall, including the actual head
-male hips and waist will be slimmer in general than a female's
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Liger'smane » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:56 pm

Here are two more pics I've done. The guy, Ferio from "Magic Night Rayearth" I drew last night and the girl, I didn't draw her but I colored her in seeing as I got some new Copic markers. I LOVE COPIC MARKERS!!! Sorry about how fuzzy and light Ferio came out, I couldn't get him to scan well or pic well... so, MOOO! :bang:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13 :angel: ;)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
~~~

There is no such thing as good luck. There is only misfortune and its occasional absence.:evil:

Liger'smane

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:25 pm

Wow! That first pic is great, the second is too blurred to make out properly. How did you do the cloth folds so well? I have trouble with that. Do you know of any tutorials for drawing folds? Thanks! You're definetly improving! Good stuff!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Liger'smane » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:49 pm

again, she was entirely drawn, I just did the colors (the folds were already there). Um here is a pic I just finished, I even found an awesome scripture for it. ^-^!

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Liger'smane » Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:50 pm

Hey, I rescaned the angel picture so that you can see it better. I also copyed it off and colored it (I use Copic markers, sadly my paper was sad...).
You know, I've reallized I am the most common person to comment on my stuff... that's not right! Plz, anyone say anything bout my art, it can be nice, mean, true, whatever... :waah!:

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 am

They're all looking very good, Liger'smane. :thumb: Keep up the good work. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby Zar » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:27 am

Hey, really nice stuff. Ican see you like to draw. I think the one with the yellow dress is the best, very good color job. what kind of markers are those I never heard of them.( haven't heard about alot of stuff though LOL) well Anyway keep drawing!!!!!!!!!
Day after day nothing seems to change, but pretty soon everything is different
Zar

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:54 pm

I thought it would be mean to look at your art and then not write anything... so here I go...

Youre drawings look like they are getting better and the faces look pretty good. I think you need to work on body structure more though. Other that... like Zar said the best thing to do is to keep practincing and I suppose getting drawing books or whatever wouldnt hurt..

Ill be looking forward to seeing more of your art...
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby Liger'smane » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Hey, I haven't been on for a while so here is some stuff I've done. Plus the long awaited 4th page... if only it was actually "awaited for". :sniffle: Oh, I also have just some random duddling I did while at church.

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Liger'smane » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:18 pm

Hey there, I know this isn't regular art, but it is poetry and that's considered part of "The Arts". Anyhow, here is a poem I wrote yesterday.

~~~~

"Endurance"

I've seen the bleakness of the night,
I've felt the destruction of a fight,
Ive watched the fading of a light,
But through it all, God's been there.

Watching a friend move away,
Seeing the end of another hard day,
Knowing that black and white are now grey,
But through it all, God's held me tight.

Missing a brother in the war,
Listening to some ancient lore,
Hearing insults that cut me to the core,
But through it all, with God's help, I've Endured!

~~~~

Ok, well that's my funky, little poem.

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Liger'smane » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:00 pm

Hey, wow it's been a while since I've put anything up. So, here's some stuff I've done lately.

Um, the first pic is of my wonderful main character of TCE(The Chronicles of Everglade), oh, you won't learn this for a while but her name is Auny. I changed her look a little, if you haven't noticed. I added some cool markings around her eyes to make her more forigne (spelling?).

The second, third, and forth pics are of an animal I made up called a Gruen. They're half grizzly bear and half rabbit, such an interesting mix, eh?

The last pic is an Easter pic from some of the cast of TCE.

Enjoy... why is it that I get the feeling that noone likes my art...?

P.S. What does "glomp" mean?

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Liger'smane » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:13 pm

Not that anyone looks at this anymore, but here is my first CG... I know I suck. This stupid pic took me three days to do in Photoshop 6. I kinda like the simple background, oh and the other one is just the Chapter 1 cover for my manga, same pic just slightly altered. Have an awesome SPRING BREAK, this is my last school day for 2 weeks! :thumb: ... darn the attachments aren't working... duhh.

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Liger'smane » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:32 pm

Moo! New stuff, finally. There is a lot of stuff, a nazgul, I had a pic to draw from on this guy... so it's only a copy job not origonal. I got a new book on how to draw guys and I think it helped. Also a clothing design for the character K'nor. Enjoy, and PLZZZZZZ someone tell me what you think... I NEED IMPUT!

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:52 pm

Well done! You're improving a lot! I especially like the 2nd picture.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mave » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:17 pm

Heh well, it looks like you're already improving on your own.

I was going to comment that I usually give the guys the following to make them more masculine than females.

- thicker eyebrows
- more defined/edged jawline
- broader shoulders
- muscles (duh ;) )
- slightly bigger hands
- solid waists (no hourglass figures XD;;; )
- not much of a butt/flat butt...(seriously, I usually draw my female characters with a more rounded behind)

Hope this helps and keep up the practice, you're improving quickly ^^
Mave

Postby Liger'smane » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:07 pm

Wow, it has been way too long since I uploaded last. Anyhow here are some new pics.

1. Falling angel, some times I think that even angels have hard days.

2. Sonders, a character who will come into my story later.

3. Fethrenil, he is the awesome slightly insane villian in the story.

PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong... I need imput. Thanks. :thumb:

Oh, I have also finally set up my own internet site, "www.elvenparadise.com"

~~~

Liger'smane

Postby dragon's bane » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:15 pm

ooohhhh..pretty!! i really like the first one.
dragon's bane

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:27 pm

Hey, you're stuff is pretty good! I really think that your animals are amazing...The one you did of the bear, Gruen, is VERY well drawn! I think that the main things you should work on for people are porportions, figures, and eyes. The eyes that you drew by themselves were really good, just try to get those emotions to show! ^_^ It really depends on the eyebrows and shape of the eyes as far as emotions go, so keep practicing with that. Other than that, I think you're great! Just keep on drawing; if you stop, there's no way you can get any better, so practice a lot! I can already see improvement from your earlier works! You're doing a great job, so keep it up! ^_^ Keep on posting your stuff, I wanna see how you improve!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Art Corner