Deep Space Planet Future Art Action!!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Deep Space Planet Future Art Action!!

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Uhm, please don't shoot me for that title. It just sounded better than "AngelSakura's Art and Stuff!!" Anyway, since my previous art thread sank to the bottom of the e-ocean, this is my new one. Besides, there was some embarrassingly bad stuff posted on that one.
As you may be able to tell from the title (among other things), this thread will mostly contain Trigun fanart, doujinshi, ect. At the moment, my scanner is being uncooperative, so it will be limited to what's on my computer now. Enjoy. ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:24 pm

I hope it's okay to make a separate post for each thing. ^^

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=343633#post343633

Just like it says, sad youko girl...
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:12 pm

Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:17 pm

Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:05 pm

Ok I'm here! *looks at pictures*

Cool Angel :thumb: I find your style appealing and humorous :cool:

That girl has no reason to be sad--that sweater is nice! Lol.

I've done what you wanted me to do...NOW GIMME BACK MY MUNCHKINS! :shady:

(To get Griff to visit her thread, Angel has taken Legato hostage)

Legato: *from within a cage* Griff! :waah!:
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Lunis » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:27 pm

All of these are so creative! More more! *claps*
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:20 am

Okay, two things. One, Legato-sama is very hot and all, but go ahead and take him back. I don't want him. No offense, Legato-sama. If it's any consolation, you scare me out of my wits.

Two, I don't have anything new right now, but here's the link to my old Christmas art contest enty that ended up being too late. I kind of like it anyway.
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=15354

Does anyone remember my chibi bookcover pic?
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=11612

And Professor Lupin...III!
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=11632
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:04 am

Okey dokey, here's three new things!

1. This is part of a fancomic I drew (coughmostlyinAlgebracough) about Midvalley going on a Valentine's Day Annoyance Quest. Uh, don't ask. I was supremely bored. He was asking the Gung-Ho Guns where babies came from. If you need a translation of my handwriting, just ask. EDIT: You read it down, not across. Think Azumanga Daioh.
2. I like the Bernardelli uniform. I was bored. That's supposed to be me and Nicholas dear.
3. Meryl. She looks kind of weird, like her head's too narrow or something. And I forgot her earrings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:47 am

1. It was inevitable that I draw this eventually. It's my version of the famous "Vash's scar" scene.
2. Lietenent Colonel Roy Mustang! With lyrics from the song "Rise" from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Very military and fitting, I think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:49 pm

*complete and utter dismay* I posted something, and CAA completely ignored it!! I'm mad!! Now I can't remember what I said!! :mutter:

What my post probably resembled:

Waaaiiiii!!! I love these!! The Midvalley Valentine's Day doujinshi was awesome (but can I see the script?)! You're really good at drawing expressions. I also like how well you draw Midvalley in particular.

I glomped your Roy picture. I think the lyrics fit really well, too.

And I laughed a lot at the Wolfwood parody of the "Vash's scars" scene. :lol:
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:18 pm

:jump: these rock, angey!!!! w00t!!!!!! :jump: :grin: nice work! i can't wait to see more!!!!!!!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:16 pm

<<I also like how well you draw Midvalley in particular.>>
That's a bit odd, since I have trouble drawing his stupid hair that changes from frame to frame. ^^ I'll get you the script in a second...

<<I glomped your Roy picture. I think the lyrics fit really well, too.>>
Mmm. Poor guy. I realized just how fitting they were after watching "The Ishbal Massacre".

<<And I laughed a lot at the Wolfwood parody of the "Vash's scars" scene. :lol:>>
I know it's probably quite obvious, but that's supposed to be me. It's probably the best representation of myself I've ever drawn. But I still think I need to work on...certain other things. However, I personally like the look on his face. ^^

<<These rock, Angey!!!! W00t!!!!!! Nice work! I can't wait to see more!!!!!!!>>
*takes a bow* Thanks. ^^ But I cleaned out everything I've done recently in those last couple posts. Rest assured that there will probably be more soon.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:20 pm

<<*takes a bow* Thanks. ^^ But I cleaned out everything I've done recently in those last couple posts. Rest assured that there will probably be more soon.>>

\^o^/ yay!!!!!!!! *waits patiently* o.o
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:37 pm

I made a separate post here for the script to my fancomic. This isn't the whole comic, just the last page, but it's probably the best part anyway. The person in the last frame on the right side is meant to be Elendira the Crimsonail. However, I drew her/him on two reference pictures, one of which is fanart, and I don't read translations, so forgive me if he/she's a bit OOC. Stuff in italics is little sidenotes and that sort of thing.

First column...
Title: A Montage?
Leonof: Puppet stores.
Midvalley: (offscreen) He's blushing...

Vash: The stork, duh!
Midvalley: You're no fun.

Legato: I will not answer that question.
Midvalley: You could've at least let me ask.

Midvalley: Don't even go there.
Elendira: What's that supposed to mean?!

Next column...
Title: Fifth Moon
Midvalley: My Valentine's Day annoyance quest isn't going well.
Not nearly as fun as I thought it would be.

Midvalley: The only person left is Knives-sama. Come to think of it, there was that whole "fifth moon" thing.
The boy ain't human.
By the arrow: Midvalley's memory of the Fifth Moon Incident

Knives: Where do babies come from?
Midvalley: (offscreen) Yes, Knives-sama, sir, if you don't mind...
Maybe this isn't such a good idea...

Knives: When a plant and...uh...another plant love each other very very much...
Midvalley: I have to think of a new way to annoy people...
END
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Humm, I drew this just yesterday/today. I was going for a doujinshi cover look, not that I can define what I mean by that. The title, although I'm not entirely sure the doujinshi itself will ever get drawn, is "Black And White", for rather obvious reasons. The text says, with English first and literal in parentheses:

Midvalley the Hornfreak (Midobari za Honfuriku)
Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Nikorasu D. Urufuudo)
Black And White (Kuro To Shiroi)
not yaoi (yaoi ja arimasen)

I'm not sure that's how you would put it (I have a sneaking suspicion "yaoi ja arimasen" means "wasn't yaoi"), but I tried, hmm? ^^
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:07 pm

Griff: I just don't think Legato would look good in a suit.
Angel: Yes he would, and now I have to draw it.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:32 pm

Who loves Excel Saga? Angel loves Excel Saga! And cosplay/AU! Actually, I don't really know where this came from, as I haven't yet had to hit him over the head with a golf club and he's not *that* big a lech. If you know the Excel Saga manga, you'll recognize the pose from the third volume, under "Featured Character: Whole Lot + 3". The manga-ka agreeably decided to use the proportions I normally use, so this was a really easy pic.
In summary, Nicholas and myself as the Doctor (Dr. Iwata) and the Nurse (Nurse Fukuya) from the Excel Saga manga.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:21 pm

This took a great deal of courage to draw.

A sketch from when I was planning my Algerbra project. A storybook with *ick* geometry...and it had to have a PLOT. You can guess how that turned out. As soon as I get it back, though, I'll scan it, since I personally loved my Trigun-riffic illustrations.

Be aware that the leftmost column is based on my fanfic-in-progress, which took place while Midvalley and I were a couple. That kid who resembles Legato-sama is named Shawn, and while it isn't terribly noticable, he's wearing one of Midvalley's shirts. ^^;; The rightmost one I drew just today, and I can't draw today, so Midvalley's hair looks like crap. Handwriting translation coming...fairly soon.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:10 am

Handwriting translation time! I assume the reason you're not posting is because you can't read the fancomics...right? Starting from the right column and working down (think Azumanga Daioh)...
Title: Problems on the Inside [thank you, Ingemar, for the title idea]
Midvalley: Mmm...
By the arrow: nosebleed
Angel: You are such a lech, Midvalley.
Echoes: Lech...lech...lech...echo...
Angel: Hello? Midvalley? Earth to Midvalley the Hornfreak...
Midvalley: Am I really a lech?
Angel: Hello? Haven't I told you enough? (What's the deal?)
Midvalley: It makes me sound like some dirty old man... (I'm not old, I'm not old...)
Angel: Midvalley, I think you've got some issues here... [Ignore the scribble beside it, it doesn't really make sense anyway.]

Title: The Circle of Life [This title is actually pretty crappy, but it sounded good at the time.]
Shawn: (giiiiin [stare])
Shawn: What are you doing?
Angel: ?
Angel: Well, sweetie, Uncle Middie [he didn't appreciate being called that] and I... (I'm not sure how to explain it if he doesn't even understand kissing...) (are~ [um~])
Midvalley: Out of the way, Ange, I'll handle this! ^^ [By the way, I really wimped out on this panel. I mean, where's Midvalley? What happened to the background?]
Midvalley: We were making a baby. (Sigh...it's a beautiful thing...)
Angel: DON'T TELL HIM THAT!!
Shawn: Oh... (I understand...)
By the arrow: doesn't actually understand
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:47 pm

AngelSakura wrote:In summary, Nicholas and myself as the Doctor (Dr. Iwata) and the Nurse (Nurse Fukuya) from the Excel Saga manga.
Ooh, that's nice art. Too bad I know nothing about Excel Saga.

AngelSakura wrote:This took a great deal of courage to draw.
But it was worth it. So cool!

Lol! That doujinshi was so cute! Both of them! ^o^

You look older than me. o.o (Sorry if this all seemed rushed. My mom is suddenly mad at me for nothing and is yelling at me to get off the computer. ~_~)
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:19 pm

<<Ooh, that's nice art. Too bad I know nothing about Excel Saga.>>
Oh, you should read it, it's great! So funny. The manga ran in Young King Ours with Trigun Maximum!

<<But it was worth it. So cool!>>
Ehehe...

<<Lol! That doujinshi was so cute! Both of them! ^o^>>
Thanks. I really am working on "remastering" them, but it takes a while. *sweatdrop* Look for a legible version in the near future.

<<You look older than me. o.o>>
There's a picture of me in Volt's CAA Yearbook, but it's kinda old by now. I'll get a more recent one soon.

<<(Sorry if this all seemed rushed. My mom is suddenly mad at me for nothing and is yelling at me to get off the computer. ~_~)>>
S'alright.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:49 pm

To quote myself, "On another subject, I have plans to create a fanbook among fanbooks, a doujinshi among doujinshi. Because I'm just modest that way. ^^;; It's not entire clear yet, but I'm planning on a couple illustrations, some fanfic, some *actual* doujinshi, you know. Among them would be something you don't see to often (from me at least): an anime-based doujinshi. Not only that, a "Paradise"-centric anime-based doujinshi. Scary, huh? o.o;; However, thanks to our lovely copyright laws, it'll have to be for my personal enjoyment. Not like I'd ever be bold enough to sell it to people I don't know. Talk about scary. o.o" My plans at the moment include:
The doujinshi...
- "Baka Neko"
- "Under the Cover of Darkness"
- "Karaoke"
- "What Gave You That Idea?"
...re-drawn versions of...
- "Midvalley's Valentine's Day Annoyance Quest" (including the never-before-seen "Just Doin' My Job" and "Experience", the beginnings of the storyline)
- "Valentine's Day Special"
- "Meryl's Experiment" (including "Is It Just Me, Or Does He Look Like..." and "Chamber of Horrors")
...as well as the normal layout "Paradise"-centric thing I mentioned.
Fanfic are currently unselected, although I'm considering writing something having to do with Midvalley and episode 24, as well as adding some of my personal favorites. Illustrations...I have a rather frightening/hot picture of Midvalley which might not make it in because I'd be deathly embarrassed, probably that angels thing, some other good ones... Jeez, this thing is gonna be huge. XD;;
Ooh, I have to get off now. I had some good stuff to post, too...
EDIT: I wrote the Midvalley thing. Turned out pretty good. I managed to not make him sound like a pervert and stuck to the anime pretty well too. Makes me wanna cry...
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:46 pm

The previously-seen "Problems on the Inside" and the *new* "Karaoke". The thing about Elendira kinda needs to be explained, but I don't think I will. At least not until someone asks.

ALL NEW!! *o* The untitled one is "Under the Cover of Darkness" and it's kind of an Excel Saga joke. All of the writing on that one is really tiny.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:12 pm

Lolol! :lol: All three of those new ones were hilarious! I loved 'em! I died seeing the pic of Midvalley with cat ears and tail. <3 Would you mind translating them? ^^

AngelSakura wrote:At least not until someone asks.
I ask. XP

"Take your shirt off! Take your shirt off!" Rofl!

*giggles at Knives-sama and the karaoke* That was cute.

Midvalley and his sense of humor. I laughed my butt off about that one with Wolfwood and the markers! XD
Lunis

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 01, 2005 3:20 pm

<<Lolol! :lol: All three of those new ones were hilarious! I loved 'em! I died seeing the pic of Midvalley with cat ears and tail. <3 Would you mind translating them? ^^>>
But of course. I'll put them in the next post, though. I'm glad you like them.

<<I ask. XP>>
Well, it's kind of a long story (will not quote, will not quote). You see, that's Elendira the Crimsonail. The song he's singing, "All the Things She Said (Running Through My Head)" is by a Polish (?) group called T.a.T.u. T.a.T.u. is composed of two girls...who really like each other, if you get my drift. Somehow, my twisted mind decided this consistuted a joke. Elendira the transvertite singing a song by a lesbian group. It's not funny, really.

<<"Take your shirt off! Take your shirt off!" Rofl!>>
I blame fanfiction.

<<*giggles at Knives-sama and the karaoke* That was cute.>>
I mercifully didn't go with my original song idea: the "Sandra Dee" sleepover song from Grease.

<<Midvalley and his sense of humor. I laughed my butt off about that one with Wolfwood and the markers! XD>>
Well, what can I say. Poor baby. It did come off, though...eventually.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun May 01, 2005 3:26 pm

yeeeeeee! i love the drawings!!! X3

c.t.,girl

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 01, 2005 4:02 pm

Thanks, Chris. ^^

Karaoke
Elendira: "All the things she said, all the things she said, running through my head, running through my head..."
Audience: Can he get any stranger?!
Wolfwood: "She's so cold and human...it's something humans do. She stays so golden solo, she's so number nine... She's incredible math..." [Yes, this is the "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex" ending song. Inside joke.]
By the Arrow: can't actually play the guitar
Audience: ...
Midvalley: Do I have any requests?
Wolfwood: This is a karaoke bar, right?
Females in the Audience: "Baker Street"! [Don't hurt me.] Take your shirt off! "The Real Folk Blues"! [That would be me.] Play whatever the hell you want, saxboy! Take your shirt off! We love you!
Audience Member: ... He's not even reading the screen.
Audience Member: Knives-sama really likes karaoke.
Knives: "She'll make you take your clothes off and go dancing in the rain! She'll make you live her crazy life but she'll take away your pain! Like a bullet to your brain!" [This was stuck in my head all day.]
By the Arrow: in his own little world

Baka Neko (Idiot Cat) [My Japanese handwriting is really sloppy.]
Wolfwood: I feel stupid.
Angel: Don't be ridiculous, you look adorable!
Wolfwood: But I feel stupid.
Angel: Aw, Midvalley loves this sort of thing.
By the Arrow: in it for the attention
Midvalley: Nya.
Wolfwood: That is because Midvalley's brain drops into his pants every time he sees a female. I, however, still have my manly dignity. [To some degree.]
Angel: I can't really argue with that logic.
Midvalley: I've got a pretty big brain, nya. Wanna see?

Under the Cover of Darkness [This one narrowly avoided becoming a lame pun.]
Box: 9:00 AM
By the Arrow: marker
On Wolfwood's Chest: "LOSER"
On Wolfwood's Fingers: "daddy" "mommy" "big bro" "big sis" "baby"
On Wolfwood's Wrist: "cut here"
By the Arrows: more marker - marker
Along His Arm: "Never Knows Best" [Yes, I am a sad little FLCL fangirl.]
By the Arrow: still more marker
Wolfwood: Midvalley. (If this is permanent, he's dead meat.) (twitch twitch)
Angel: Huh?
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Golden_Griff » Sun May 01, 2005 4:03 pm

AngelSakura wrote:Griff: I just don't think Legato would look good in a suit.
Angel: Yes he would, and now I have to draw it.

:wow!:...:) Hey, you're right Angel :lol: You have pleased me with this drawing. I shall forever be in debt to you *o*/

The comics are nice, even tho I have a hard time reading them :stressed: I really like the way you draw Angel :thumb:
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby AngelSakura » Sun May 01, 2005 4:14 pm

Thank you. I've taken the time to type them out for just such a purpose, though.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Lunis » Mon May 02, 2005 10:48 am

AngelSakura wrote:Well, it's kind of a long story (will not quote, will not quote). You see, that's Elendira the Crimsonail. The song he's singing, "All the Things She Said (Running Through My Head)" is by a Polish (?) group called T.a.T.u. T.a.T.u. is composed of two girls...who really like each other, if you get my drift. Somehow, my twisted mind decided this consistuted a joke. Elendira the transvertite singing a song by a lesbian group. It's not funny, really.
... Oh duh! I already knew all that! So why didn't I get it at first? o.O Oh well. Me and my weird brain.
Lunis

Next

Return to Art Corner