Feb. Coloring Contest ~ Vote for your fav.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Feb. Coloring Contest ~ Vote for your fav.

Postby olorc » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:52 pm

Ok ok ok, so Esoteric may have won the January coloring contest, but I know that there are those out there who think they can take this competition given another chance :mutter: . Well here you go. :thumb:

Same rules as before: Keep the general lines the same. Use [B]any coloring tools you have (aka computer programs, inks, markers, even tones count *give an approving nod to Uriah*). All entries must be recieved by midnight Feb 28th of whatever timezone you're in. If you notice a major flaw or think you have a better entry, you may retract your previous entry and post a new one. But only 1 entry per person. ;) [/B]
Suggestion - cool backgrounds add to the overall effect. (Just a hint) For an example of this look at Eso's winner from last month and you'll know what I mean. You have all month to do this so make it good. :jump:

Everyone on the CAA gets 1 vote. :dance: You can either PM me directly or just post your vote in this thread saying which you think is best. Same deadline for voting. Please don't just try to get your friends to vote for your entry - this isn't a popularity contest. (You can change your vote if you want but whatever is there on March 1 is final.) :forehead:

On March 1 the winner will be announced and recieve a banner which they can put in their sig. to display with pride to the rest of the site if they want.

Ok, that about covers it. The image is posted below. Have fun with this! :thumb:

P.S. Piloswine, we all hope you can up with something equally as good as last time (I know it'll be tough to match that though)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:17 pm

nice! I will Get right on board!
*scurries off to find some paint*
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:43 am

Hmm, those shading lines will be a bit of a challenge....but I like a challenge. <Begins playing around in photoshop>
Esoteric

Postby Sam*ron » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:59 pm

..Okay, you have tempted me enough, I guess I will do it. So we just color it in Photoshop or whatever? I think I could do this. ^^
Thank you Admins & Mods - @)}~`,~
Sam*ron

Postby olorc » Wed Feb 02, 2005 7:20 pm

sw33t!!
oh yea you guys can delete the shading/tone lines if you want.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:33 am

All right then, I figured I should post early and set the bar so other will know what they'll have to beat. :lol: Just kidding. Truth is, I can't let myself spend too much time on coloring this stuff...it's addicting.

You said we could delete the shade lines, but I decided not too. I think it's fairer that way. And I must say I had some trouble deciding what this guy was doing, was he rolling dice? Was he reaching for the last soda in the fridge? But in the end, I decided on a generic atmospheric background. Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Sam*ron » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:10 pm

Oh, my gosh! Thats really good! O.O; I am so going to lose..

Well, here is mine.. I can't spend to much time on these things either. So I finished early too.

I tried going more for the bland-ish kind of look.

"Reach Out"-
Sam*ron

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:57 pm

here, I went ahead and did one. I'm so bad at backgrounds though...>_< so I just put a gradient.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Esoteric » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:32 am

Naw, you could win. Those are both cool entries. ShiroiHikari's got a cool monochrome thing goin' on, and Sam*ron, I must say you cleaned the lines up better than I did...I didn't smooth them at all.
Esoteric

Postby Sam*ron » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:15 pm

lol, thanks. But you did really awesome patterns! ^^
Sam*ron

Postby olorc » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:12 pm

seriously people. you guys really outdid yourselves. they look fantastic!! you all have a very good shot at taking this month's contest.
:P :thumb: :dance: :hits_self
Esoteric wrote:And I must say I had some trouble deciding what this guy was doing, was he rolling dice? Was he reaching for the last soda in the fridge? But in the end, I decided on a generic atmospheric background. Enjoy.

Well, this guy is simply reaching out. As you most likely guessed, I drew this pic. I didn't really have anything in mind of what he was "doing". More like the feeling of how he was positioned and the whole sense of holding firm but reaching out to both God for strength and also to other with encouragement. I don't know if that makes sense or anything, but that's what I was thinking as I drew it. I used this pic for the contest mainly because it was so amiguitous (is that even a word) about what was happening I would hope people would take it different directions. I can see from the 3 already so far entered that they have already done this. That's good. :thumb:

Hopefully interest goes up in this little contest and there are a lot of entries and people voting. I really hope this flies. Pass the word that people should give this a try. Even if they think they'll lose...you really never know when you're going to strike pay dirt. :dance:

Cool cool, over and out for now. :rock:

oh yea, would it be okay with all ya'll if I submitted an entry. They winner isn't no longer determined by me, but, rather, by the people of the CAA and so is out of my hands. I'll tell everyone who PM's me (if there even is any) with a vote to post it in this thread so there's no question as to who had the most votes. Tell me if this ok with you. Thanks. :eyeroll:
~ollie :eyebrow:
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:20 pm

Well, since you aren't the judge anymore, I don't see a problem with it. Put something up, I'd like to see it. I just hope there are plenty of CAA voters at the end. I don't know about the other contestants, but I won't be voting.
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:32 pm

ok...it'll most likely take a little while to get my entry in...but hopefullly I'll get somehting in.

By the way I love how you decided to put your banner in your sig. ... very ...er dare i say "ghetto".
olorc

Postby olorc » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 am

ya, so i guess I won't post an entry because... er ... no one has voted and the deadline is coming up quick. If no one votes then I'll just judge. I guess this wasn't quite as popular as I had originally thought it would be based on the great responce I got last month. Maybe next month (if there even is a coloring contest) the deadline will be closer so people don't forget about it. So, yeah, I'll judge this time if there aren't any votes.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:06 pm

Haha, My entry is complete! True, it is march first, but therewas a big data base error yesterday, so I suspect that this counts as on time. Here it is in all its Ph34rful B34uty!
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:18 pm

rofl, SO FUNNY (Trigun eat your heart out). Very good. I'm glad you didn't fail to disapoint us this month. Entry accepted even though it's late on account of the database error ;)

well, to be quite honest I was a tad disappointed this month. The contest didn't really catch on the way I had hoped. No one voted at all and there were only 4 entries. :( Is this an activity to continue with. I mean I'm fine with running it again, do ya'll think it would be worth it? I mean, even if only 4 people entered again, at least four people would have enjoyed it. Maybe in March I'll make the deadline closer so people won't forget about it. I'ld be glad to hear your thoughts on this topic.

With that out of the way, the moment you've all been waiting for:

A few minutes pass while all the entries are reviewed once more the final decision of who is the best colorer (is that a word?) of February.

The audience is on the edge of their seats. A quite, nervous sort of chatter is filling the air.

Suddenly Olorc comes in and an immediate hush falls over the crowd. *hush*

Olorc: And the winner is.... Esoteric!!! very nice entry. Sorry Piloswine...almost buddy.

The link to your banner is http://img238.exs.cx/img238/1807/febwinner1ag.gif. Enjoy. Where it well.

There will be another coloring contest that will start in less than 1 week. The deadline will be closer so make sure to stay on the look out for the March Coloring Contest in the Art Corner.

Until next thread...Over and Out.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:26 pm

Drats! Foiled again, oh well. Congrats Esoteric.

I for one will eagerly await the next colouring contest!
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Esoteric » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:02 pm

Whoa...I'm tripped out by Piloswine's entry. ....Creeeepy....

Anyway, thanks again. I sure hope more people show interest next time... C'mon people! Are you gonna let Olorc hand me a third win in a row?? Bring on the friendly competition!!
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:46 pm

ya I think this thing isn't that well publicized and people don't really hear about it. I'll try to do a better job of getting the word out this time around. The next contest will start on Sat. Be there or be square!! ( :brow: lame I know)
olorc

Postby Sam*ron » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:50 pm

Congrats Esoteric!! ^__^

See I told you that you would win! :grin:

Until next time! *Shakes fist at Esoteric, and flys away laughing like an evil villian*
Sam*ron

Return to Art Corner