Mmmm...pictures *nom nom nomm*

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Mmmm...pictures *nom nom nomm*

Postby Maledicte » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:46 pm

my artwork. Heh...

some slight commentary:

Pic 1. A commisioned piece for one of my sister's friends. I messed up slightly on her thumb... tried not to use too much wite-out...aside from that, one of my better inking jobs. Wings are so hard...

Pic 2. This is actually a colored photocopy of an original piece, hand-colored with Prismacolor pencils. My pirate chick. Inspired by the movie Pirates of the Caribbean. Messed up slightly on her hair...but I really like her clothes. I wann'em...I find it slightly disconcerting that I draw women so well.

Pic 3. Another colored photocopy. (Note: most of my pics here will be photocopies if they are in color. Because I'm completely lost on Photoshop.) A crib sheet for one of my vampire characters. NO, I did not mean for him to be so skinny and yes, that IS a kazoo in his mouth. What an obnoxious little man.
Image ImageImage
Maledicte

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:01 pm

Not bad... Looks like a mix of manga and american style. You're very good at coloring. You might want to make the pirate girls left arm a little thicker it would help the picture a bit. Keep up the good work.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:23 pm

Wahoo, sis! You finally did it!
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Maledicte » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:26 pm

why are you here, you've seen them already :grin:
Maledicte

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:27 pm

whoa, this is good stuff. I like that last one the best. very slick.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:52 pm

She based it off one of the characters from The Crow (original movie, mind you).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:57 pm

Yes, very nice dymanics. The characters, leap off the page at you!
Esoteric

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:37 pm

Very nice drawings. You have a very good grasp of clothing fords and dynamic poses, as well as lineweight. Very cool.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Maledicte » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:06 pm

ok here's one more. took me forever to upload it...stupid slow computer...

I call her "Dragon Neophyte". Whatever that is. This is the second time I've drawn her, and the third time I've colored her. she's really fun. I don't know what she does. My dad noted that her thighs are extremely buff and large. I told him it's because she rides dragons for a living. So I guess that's what she does.

Maledicte

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:15 pm

Very well done! I especially like the first and third pics!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 am

Nice job making the metal look all... metal O.o (is that proper english? nah who cares). What did you color this with?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby HikariChan » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:47 pm

WowZa!! Thoses Are GREAT!!
Flippin SWEET:thumb:

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Maledicte » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:02 pm

mechana2015 wrote: What did you color this with?

Prismacolor colored pencils. Expensive but nice, but on the whole I'd rather use a cheaper brand like Prang. The metal was done with the "silver" pencil. which is nice, but why only SILVER but no GRAY!?!?! uuurrrgh
Maledicte

Postby soul alive » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:13 pm

nice. like your coloring style. the dragon rider's helmet/faceguard is very cool.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:48 pm

Angel Death pic. Scanner wouldn't scan the colored copy in color so I'm stuck posting the original line art. Ehh, print it out and color it, I don't care. (Wait, wait! I do care!)
Maledicte

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:58 pm

Very nice. I like the dynamicism (again) in the pose. The styling looks very shoujo-ey. It's very interesting.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Maledicte » Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:52 pm

Ok peeps here's more... I just figured out how to make my images smaller...by lowering the dpi!!! Why didn't I think of it sooner...*sweatdrop*

#1: an oldie but goodie. Ink, mixed with water to make the grey tones. I was relatively new at this so all the solid blacks are filled in with pen....Idioso me

#2: Ink and water. this pic is a com-puuuh-lete rip-off of Yoshitaka Amano's lovely artwork in Sandman: the Dream Hunters. It was just too pretty I couldn't resist...it also allowed me to work out what the character wore underneath all those robes. the crumpled paper actually makes a nice effect... I'm just saying that cuz it was an accident

#3: Colored photocopy. Had lots of fun drawing the costume. (Guys look so cute in stockings...) I didn't mean to make his right arm and his left ankle so skinny, or to make his eyes fo glowy. For all you girls...just imagine him waltzing you around the dance floor, Josh Groban's "Un Amore Per sempre" playing softly in the background...only it's not Josh singing, it's the guy you're dancing with, serenading softly in your ear...yep, he's quite a charmer, my boy is.
ImageImageImage
Maledicte

Postby mechana2015 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:19 pm

I like again... I really like black ink as a medium. Very nice line work again, and good costume design as well.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Maledicte » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm

Hee hee hee, I've bee going on a scanning spree today. Most of these pics are somewhat old, but hey I like them that's all that matters.

#1: brush and ink. this pic is actually an old one, recently inked. The center elf has one of my favorite costumes and poses...it just came out that way, no heavy redraws or erasings. Would that I could draw that way every time...*waaah* this is a lousy scan, as I forgot to get rid of the wite blank spot at the top. *bashes head on wall*

#2: brush and ink. No shojo here! An old pic I did in high school. A friend suggested that I draw a head in a basket...little did she know that I would take her advice. to this day I don't know why I drew this...because it's true, I suppose.

#3: pencil sketch. this is one of my vampire comic characters...only she's not a vampire, she just looks like one, and she wants to be one real bad. tch--poor her...

#4: Pen and ink. This one always gets a "Ooh I like that one" whenever I showcase my work. It's frequently been photocopied, colored and given to people as gifts. Please, just print it out and color it yourself, I can't stand to color any more!!!!!

#5: Pen and ink. Michael and Lucifer duking it out (Michael's the one on the bottom). Yet another irritatingly popular drawing. I submitted a colored version with a slightly different background to a local art contest. At least it won me a $20 gift card to Borders :thumb: however I'll have to draw this again as a projected cover to a projected issue of my projected comic that have yet to project to write...sigh

#6: computer, printed. this is a little motif I like to draw, probably because my best version of it somehow got a big streak of black ink on it...so sad. The eves were originally going to be red but I changed it to yellow so that they would stand out more. I drew this one entirely on the school computer...apparently I had much time on my hands.

#7: ink, colored pencil. I like 24-bit coloring...makes the page look so nice and white instead of all yellowy. As this is an old pic, look at the date. aNyway I inked this with a ballpoint pen, without straightedges. Yeah. People keep thiking that the snake has gotten itself speared on the sword, and that the blood is the snake's... look closely and you'll see that's not the case. for some reason I think this would make a great tattoo, which is why I probably drew it in the first place.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Maledicte

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:40 pm

#3 is probably my favorite out of all these. The only thing is that the feet looked a little odd to me... The clothes look awesome, like somthing out of vampire the masquerade. Pencil drawings rock!

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby soul alive » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:51 pm

very nice job on all of them, you have a great handle on shading, coloring, and inking.
soul alive

Postby Maledicte » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:51 pm

one more...

For anyone who remembers my "I need a name" thread, here is the character who needed the name...the German shepherd-sized bug. His name's Staccato now. And here he is.

Maledicte

Postby Angelchick » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:27 pm

cool, looks good.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:31 am

Good job on Devins (sp?) pants. Stacatto on the other hand is jst freaky....

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby FadedOne » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:41 am

awesome stuff! :) lol and i agree...bug man is freaky :P cool though.
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:05 am

Hehe, yeah I remember that thread. Staccato is a good name for a bug with so many legs. But i'll have to agree that it doesn't look very, um, cuddly... ;) Awesome coloring, I really like your work.
Esoteric

Postby agasfas » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:07 pm

You are quite the artist indeed. All of your drawings are nice, with Staccato (the last one) being my personal favorite. Wish I could color that good... Anyways, keep drawing and I look forward seeing your future creations. I'm impressed. Good work :thumb:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Return to Art Corner