CA's Art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Myoti » Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:36 pm

Wow. You art is really, really good.
I don't typically like the more "realistic" types of art, but yours is still amazing.
I'd like to see more of your great stuff.

I wanna put up some of my art sometime, but that won't happen till I get my scanner working. :cries:
Myoti

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:10 am

Thanks, Myoti! I'll try to post some more when I can.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't get your art stuff up yet. Send me a PM when you're able to, if you'd like, so that I'm reminded to come and see it!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:44 am

Noo! No snatching, Anonymous!

Here's another new one. Sorry it's been a while. I worked on it in photoshop, and never managed to finish it. I think it looks good, though.
Click Me

Here's an older one that I like. I was given the challenge to draw a creature crossed between a lynx, eagle, rabbit and.. I think that was it. I admit to tracing over a photo for the general cat and branch outline in photoshop (yes, I know, it's cheating) , but everything else is from my head (texture, colour, etc.
Click me

Another old one (I haven't done much lately). It's my character Gazza in plushie/ soft toy form. I still like this one, too.
Click me
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Liger'smane » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:27 am

Cute! *Glomps the pic of the angel lynx and rolls on the floor purring* I love them all. I really like the angel lynx though... so real *jaw drops* I can't draw anything even close to that realistic... you have MONDO tallent. Keep it up!
"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed-not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence-continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose." Philippians 2:12-13 :angel: ;)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
~~~
War determines not who is right, but who is left. :bang:

There is no such thing as good luck. There is only misfortune and its occasional absence.:evil:

Viking proverv:"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn." MUAHAHAHA!:evil:
Liger'smane

Location: Often, I occupy that vacant space in between my ears.

Postby That Dude » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:41 pm

And now for critique time with That Dude...

First of all nice work there CA. I see that your anime style drawing has been improving a little bit. And the lynx baby is very cute. Gazza looks like the design for a toy and you were going for that so it's quite nice.

As for the anime head try drawing it a little more narrow...Especially the neck. It's to wide for anime style. I can see that it's better than more of your older work. Just remember to try and keep it more narrow.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Myoti » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:29 pm

Great jorb, CA. :D

The lynx and plushie were amazing, but I'm going with TD on the anime one. It's still good, but to meet the anime style, the neck should be thinner, and the nose typically has a lot less detail on it. Also, I've wondered why you neglected to fill in the eye. I guess it was unfinished, but I think your others looked that way as well.
The way the eye is drawn can be the deciding factor in wether (brain fart; can't spell) it's actually anime or not.
Other than that, amazing. Keep it up! ;)
Myoti

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:19 am

Thanks for the critique, TD! I'm still trying to get to grips with the width of anime heads so it is very useful. I'll take that into account. Thanks for the encouragement, too. :)

Thanks to you also, Liger'smane, for the encouragement. I did trace over a photo for it, though, so next time I've decided not to cheat. :P .

Also thank you to you, Myoti. I'm playing around with different styles in order to try and find a style of drawing people I'm comfortable with. I've got two reasonably good how-to-draw anime books I'll work with. Yes, the eyes were originally blank because I didn't want to mess them up by not being able to blend with a simple black ink pen, but then I continued like that because I wanted to add the colour, shading and glossiness on the computer without the risk of messing the rest of the linework. I never got around to colouring it, though. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:19 am

That's cool CA...You might want to try drawing your anime stuff more like "Last Exile." That's close to your normal style. I'd recommend trying to draw all different styles but the Last Exile style seems like it'd be kind of easy for you to pick up. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Apr 30, 2005 2:58 pm

Good idea. And thanks you for the offer of advice. I'll take it up if I come accross any snags etc. :) . I'll get some screenshots to work from. :)

Well, continuing in the run of old work...

Here is another of my oldest pictures using the computer. It's also one of my favourites. :)
Click me

This one is an owl's head I'll probably never finish properly. :lol:
Click me

<<EDIT>>
Hmm... That one of the fiery hawk doesn't seem to be my best version. I'll have to try and find the better version, but that one will do for now. :P
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Tue May 03, 2005 7:25 pm

Very nice owl CA! If I get Photoshop any time soon I'm gonna have to have you teach me some stuff. The fiery hawk isn't bad either...It's kind of hard to distinguish from some of the other stuff in the background. It looks like the cover to some preteens adventure book.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Fri May 13, 2005 5:13 am

Thanks, TD!

I'd try to teach you just the few things I know about photoshop if you get it. :) . yeah, the background kind of blurs the hawk out a bit, and itself is pretty blurry. I should probably go back and rework it some more. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kurama » Sat May 14, 2005 10:26 pm

AWSOME!!! x^^
Kurama

Postby CreatureArt » Sun May 15, 2005 11:01 pm

Sure thing. Thanks for the critiques, TD and Anonymous. I'm still trying to grasp a style for drawing people, and it is *slowly* coming along so all your comments really help. :)

Thanks, Prota!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Mon May 16, 2005 11:30 am

Your welcome my home-waffle. And I've told you this a few times before but try and draw from real life. It'll help you learn more than most anything else. Just don't get to obsessive over the goodness of the picture. Every one makes mistakes...So yeah don't beat yourself up over bad ones. Just keep on drawing. Keep on drawing! Draw from real life!
That Dude

Postby Esoteric » Mon May 16, 2005 4:56 pm

Hmmm, you characters are looking good as ever. Of your 'more realistic' artwork, I think I like the unfinished owl head the most. Great stuff CA!
Esoteric

Postby jazz » Mon May 16, 2005 5:51 pm

wow CA, i love your art! it's so cute, and beautiful and... YAY! i usually try to avoid art threads, i spend way too much time admiring ^_^.. but i couldn't resist... i really like your style. good job!
jazz

Postby Syreth » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:40 am

Hey, good to see you on again, if you remember me. It's been refreshing to see your art, I must say. I especially like the insomniac one -- very humorous. All of them are extremely well done. I especially like the bright colors. Keep it up, sis.
Syreth

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:57 am

Of course I remember you, Syreth. I like that insomniac one, too... though I've stopped drinking coffee as much. :)

Thanks so much for the encouragement, Jazz!

I should really try and finish that owl-head sometime.. thanks, Esoteric!

As always, that is the best advice. Thanks, TD. I will keep on drawing - and you keep on drawing, too: I love your pictures.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:47 am

Oh, my newest picture that I've been working on it attached on page 12 of the June colouring contest, along with some more awesome entries colouring Mave's beautiful linework all through the thread at this URL

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=21189&page=12&pp=10 .

<<EDIT>>
Woo - I won the June 2005 Colouring Contest (organised by Olorc). Wooo! Check out my entry at the above URL if you want to see.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kireihana » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:53 am

Aww, your art is so good and cute! I wish I could draw animals so well; I always need a picture to look at. >_>
Kireihana

Postby Shadowchild » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:35 pm

i luv how u post cut and fluffy stuff. the fluffiest thing i ever drew was a leamur. it was kawaii but not as much as yur stuff.^-^
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby EireWolf » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:44 pm

I like your style, CreatureArt, both in the anime style and the realism. You color really nicely too. I'd love to see more stuff in color...
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Previous

Return to Art Corner