CA's Art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:37 am

*pelts Anonymous with muffins in an attempt to get pictures back for other people to look at*

Oh.... and here's the other picture's link.

Chibi Tcalix
It needed a background, but I wanted to upload it before I went to bed, so it's a bit of a makeshift one, sorry. It has no shading, which kind of detracts from the light angles on Tcalix. :lol:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby soul alive » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:03 am

very cute chibi Tcalix pic!! and the baby penguin is very well done. nice job on texture and shadowing. :thumb:
soul alive

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:26 am

Very good pengiun! Nice chibi Tcal. Chibi fits him better. Hey on the anime style ones try making the face more angular and a little less detialed. You can also make them less muscular. Because if you notice there are very little anime chars that are really buff. And most of them that are are bad guys. But yeah I loved the penguin. Keep up the good work my home-waffle.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:10 am

Thanks for the encouragement, Anonymous, Soul and TD. :)

With the chibi Tcalix I was working on textures while still keeping within my original linework, which was interesting :lol: . I like how the jeans turned out - it happened in a pretty random way.

The penguin was fun because the original photograph had god contrast - in most of it, anyway. I love drawing from non-fiction book photos :) .

Thanks for the advice, TD! I'll try and do that on my next anime attempt. :) . Lol - I like Chibi Tcalix quite a bit, too... but I want to try to write a comic with the two full-verions (Tcalix v2.0 lol). (*looks into the future, sees school and withers while thinking of when this comic will happen... ;) *). I might try to redo them a little, not quite sure what I'll do but little things like expressions, height....
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:14 pm

*hits Annonymous with pillow and takes pictures back*

Ahhhh! That's a beautiful photoshop illustration! *drools* The others are great too, but that one blows me away. I think the background works just fine. *sits down, contented*
Esoteric

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:30 pm

*Wipes brow, relieved that Esoteric is finally contented. Then gives back the pillow for her to sit on* .

Thanks! It was pretty rewarding - I learned and improved on my shading quite a bit as I did that picture. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Kisa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:21 pm

WOW your art is awesome! I love Tcalix! *cuddles*
I used to live in Australia and hope to move to NZ one day... I love it there ^^
*waits for a CA comic with Tcalix to emerge*
*waits for more art uploaded*
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Art Exam 2004

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:15 pm

Here's some pictures from my art entry for the last assessment of 2004. We had to sketch four main objects which we would then use as our focus in the rest of our paintings. They were presented on two A2/A1 (about up to my waist) boards. We had to paint pictures in a surrealist way (I spent about half the year learning what that WAS ;) ).

My last three paintings were a bit too large to scan - I'll try to scan them in two parts later and see if I can put them together in PS.

The links:

Owl and Rose <--- click
2 of four subject drawings for the art board.

Water Rose <--- click
An attempt at making a hybrid rose/ water picture. The scanner cut it off a little - it's a bit longer (more of a rectangular shape).

Hope you enjoy! God bless, and thanks for checking out my artwork. :thumb:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Esoteric » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:09 pm

oooh. I like owls! I like flowers! I uh... like water! :lol:
Esoteric

Postby Angelchick » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:39 pm

nice, i tottaly love the water rose. it's so cool looking.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:52 pm

I've been meaning to check out your stuff for a while, and finally kicked myself into gear to come by and look at more of your stuff. I'd seen your cartoon work in your avatar and sig, but I hadn't really realized you did much realistic stuff too. And, boy, are you good at it! Your realistic pencils work is awesome (nice value range; my art instructor's always getting on my case about that ^_~), and I love that water rose painting. The contrasts are so incredibly striking, and yet not unpleasantly abrupt. Lovely job. *Pocky*

As for paintings, I usually photograph them against a solid color background (sometimes laying them on the rug and standing over them on a tall chair) when they're too big to scan. It might work for you. ^__^

Keep up the great work!!
Aka-chan

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:34 am

Very good CA! I love owls! They don't look very surrealistic to me.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:12 pm

Good stuff milady. The penciled ones are really good. Glad to see that you're drawing realistic :grin: Nice work on the roses. Your difinately better than I am with those. Anyway...I take it that you've gotten most of your paintings back from school? Keep it up yo!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Mave » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:32 pm

*claps* Very nice, CA! I rarely do realistic pieces but I certainly can appreciate them! The second one was interesting since it reminded me of ocean waves, swirling into a rose shape. Great job, looking forward to seeing more great stuff from you! XD
Mave

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:04 am

Thanks Esoteric, Angel, Aka-Chan, Warrior, TD, Anonymous and Mave. You are all so encouraging. :)

Thanks for the tip about using a camera to 'scan' in my larger pictures. I'll try to do that with the larger, more surrealistic paintings.

Thanks, TD! Yes, I've got my paintings back now - so it's just a question of getting them into the computer :) .

Thanks to you, too, Mave - that's really awesome because it's the exact effect I was going for :grin: .

*pursues Anonymous with savoury muffins*
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:20 am

All the talk of muffins is making me hungry...So how is your art coming along? Got anything new besides the paintings? I'm planning on adding some of my watercolors to my art thread sometime soon. Got any comics coming along?
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:59 am

Hey that was my muffin anon!!! You're so mean!

Hey CA I was checking out your profile who may I ask is the profile picture of? Got any more stuff coming? I'll try and add more to my thread when I'm able...Probably be a while though...
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:00 pm

Oh man! Haven't been back here for ages! Sorry, Dude and Warrior, otherwise I would've replied to you sooner. :sweat:
So many gifs Photosoph...I might steal some...I mean use some.

Sure! No prob! Here's the link to my photobucket pics: http://photobucket.com/albums/v242/Photosoph/

[/QUOTE]Did you create those animations Photosoph?[/QUOTE]
Yup, I did! *gets all proud* ;)
Also, I'm gonna come over and see your thread. ...YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

*Replaces the cookie in her avatar with a muffin and begins munching.*

Oh yeah... great art, CA!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:58 pm

Photosoph, could you maybe write up a tutorial on how you went about creating your animated gifs, as they are very good and you've inspired me to make some of my own. I just don't know how!

Thanks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Photosoph » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:20 pm

Sure! I'll try that. Might take me awhile, and I hope I don't forget to do it *taps forehead* :forehead: I haven't got the best memory! :sweat: :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Photosoph » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:01 pm

Yay! The tut is finished! It's under tutorials. Hope it helps people. :sweat:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:42 am

Hurrah - I like the tut, Soph.

Here's the picture I'm currently working on. It's in a bit of a different style. It's also very much just a base (I'm hoping to build more texture and shape by means of light/shadow) but it's coming along well :) :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/tcalfur1.jpg

Oh, and here's the original linework. I quite like this - there are mistakes but on the whole I think it worked well. Don't ask how that belt works. *whistles tunelessly* ;) .
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/tcalcostume.jpg

Because I haven't posted artwork in ages, here's an avatar I did a while ago when I was new to the CAA (It didn't last that long):

And here's the original blinky. I think it was Warrior4Jesus that said he liked it better than the new one. Hmm.. perhaps I should do another avatar when
I get time. They're fun :grin: . Perhaps I should post my old sig banners, too.

(PS: Sorry for not replying before, TD - the profile picture on my profile is one drawn by me of myself - but unfortunately, it didn't turn out quite like me. I'll keep trying at odd times, though. :lol: *lobs choc blueberry muffin at TD*. I'll keep watching for updates on your art thread, TD. *hint, hint* ;) . ).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:10 am

Very cool CA! The first one is off to a great start (adorable cat eyes) and the second one looks very well done! (though the body axis seems a little off centre) Your definetly improving. Speaking of art stuff, I need to draw some more stuff and work out what I'm doing for my site so I can upload my 2 webcomics.

The bird avatar is very cute! I don't remember seeing that one... maybe I did.
By the way CA, did you create your blinking cat animation in Flash? (it looks like its vector art and a lot glossier than gif could ever hope to achieve)

A high A, almost A+!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:58 am

Woot. Nice stuff. Like the bird av the best. MMnnnMmn Blooburry and choclate. Hmm...So that picture is of you...No offense but it looks a lot like me...But I looked closer and was like...Nah the hair is different...That's cool though...I imagined you having glasses.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:58 pm

Cool new art CA! Like how the first pic is progressing, and I still love the gazza av. The background looks cool... makes him seem almost as though he has angel wings and a halo in some way. :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:12 pm

Thanks heaps, Warrior! Would you let me know when you get your webcomics are up? I'm looking forward to seeing them and don't want to miss out.
My avatar was done in ordinary old Photoshop (all right, maybe not THAT ordinary) with the gif animation program in Photosoph's animated gif tutorial. It's so small but it really does the job. It's really cool because unlike MSPaint, Photoshop can save files to gif format without loosing all that detail and colour somehow. I have no idea how it works - but I love it. :grin: .

ROFL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: - the profile picture looks a lot like you?! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm not offended at all - I just find it very, very funny that another of my failed self portraits ended up looking like someone who I've never seen. Crazy. :grin: . But cool. Yep, I have glasses - but usually I only wear them when I'm driving or the odd day at school. I'm just slightly short sighted. I liked the bird avatar, too - but it was too detailed to animate while keeping at a decent size and below the avatar size limit so I chose the other one. Thanks, TD!

Thanks to you, too, Soph. Hopefully I'll get that first pic done this year. Hmm... you're right, that background does make him look like he's got wings and a halo if you look at it the right way.... cool!
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:18 pm

Well your profile picture didn't look a ton like me but enough that I was wondering if you got my picture from the "post your pic thread" and tried your hand at it...Ah so you wear your glasses not to often...My eyes stink bad enough that I have to wear mine most of the time...Hey I'll try and post more soon...I might (emphasis on might) be able to over the weekend at my grandparents.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:21 am

Whoa - have to go have coffee with the rest of the family so this'll be short until I add to the post later...

but in case I miss you before you go, have an awesome weekend at your Grandparents and it'll be awesome if you can post some art. :thumb: God bless and have a great time. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Felix » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:11 am

O.O
*is stunned silent*
Wow.....I am awed by your skill, CA.
I don't know what else to say...but tha is most certainly the awesomest stuff I've seen in a LONG time!
Niiiiice job!
Felix

Postby CreatureArt » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:05 am

Thanks so much, Felix! :hug:

Here's something I just did as a title page for the notes on the three-day History trip I'm going on tomorrow. The background, title etc. was done very quickly in photoshop, and the sketch was scanned in (originally in red pen) and coloured - so it lacks most detail and shading.
However, aside from that I think it looks quite good.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/historytitle.jpg <-clickity

Here's some of the banners I've designed, from most to least recent:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/turtlesrock.jpg <-clickity
Turtles Rock! For Madeline.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/pganim.gif <-clickity
Prayer Guadians! Yep, that one you see in my sig. I kind of like the animation and colours of it. Blue for the Holy Spirit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/16d0103e.jpg <-clickity
Yes, I fished out an octopus last year. It didn't stick to my head. Would have been funny if it had, heheh.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/1000posts.jpg <-clickity
1000 Posts! - Because I think it is an achievement and I pity the typing fingers of those who get there, lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/signature.jpg <-clickity
I'm... dreaming of a... WARM Christmas?! - Because New Zealand has such a nice season for the celebratory holiday. Guess when I did this one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/CreatureArt/ineednosleepsmall.jpg <-clickity
Sleep? Me? Bwha ha ha ha ha ha. Originally for the CAA Insomniac club until I started going to bed earlier and not drinking coffee at night.

So here's a quick goodbye for everyone until I'm back next week. I'll be answering PMs and everything then - I've been a bit run off my feet this week but next week should be better once I've done my current assignment (comic analysis for Media Studies). Take care, and God bless. Hope you enjoy the artwork. :thumb:

PLEASE visit this one I drew: he's not perfect but I spent a lot of time on the shading and it'll probably make you at least crack a smile:
http://www.christiananime.net/showthrea ... post362873 <-clickity
House Wife Man
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner