That Dudes Art.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby kn00pix » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:00 pm

pustahw my brota from anotah motah!
can you geuss who this is, ill give you a hint,
i|\/| 73h h4x0|2 7h47 |2ui|\|5 j00!
nice place you gots here, i think ill post my stuff latters
:dance: (dude, they have the dancing bannana! its peanut putter jelly time!)
lol if you cant geuss by now, then your still just as much of a younging as you were ^_^
C"YA!!!!!
kn00pix

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:49 am

Pustahw my brotha from an otha motha! I don't know if I should give your name out online Dan...So you finally checked out this site. And dude I'm older than you you vagrant waffle abuser!. To everybody else -kn00pix- is the other guy in my comic. Don't you feel special youngin?

=Peanut butter jelly wit a baseball bat=
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby kn00pix » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:09 pm

w007 73h l337n355! 7i5 70 mucho0|2z! :dance: wah! soto kawaii!
sooo, how do you post images, youngin! ph34|2 73h c|24ck3r 0ph 73h c0|)35, n07hin9 i5 53c|237!
pootermobile!
C"YA!!!! :drool: :dance:
kn00pix

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:00 pm

You start your own art thread you vagrant ^_^ \/ And stop using so much |_337 dude. Actually there's a tutorial forum thingy and you can start a thread there about how to upload your stuff. I gotta go...I'll try and post more of me art later...Hey CA if you read this you need to upload more of your stuff!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:00 am

*Is becoming extremely [0|\|f|_|53D ....* - (i.e. can't read 1337 so well.. ;) ).

Hey there Noopix. Looking forward to seeing some of your art if that's what you are posting.

So he's the other one in the comic, TD? All right, all right... I'll try and post what I'm working on tonight. :grin:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:07 am

Yuppers he's the vagabond in the comic S-dawg...Actually it was because of him *bothering* me :grin: that I drew that comic. Hey Dan how is 366 coming along? Oh yeah CA I might be getting a scanner (for free!! WooT!!) soon. The guy who offered it needs to find the software for it and that's all. So I might be uploading more soon. It's just difficult now with no scanner or digital camera.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:49 am

Well I'm finally updating...Here's page four of "Foreign Exchange."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:55 am

Here are some more...Mostly somwhat older stuff (drawn about half a year ago or so.) The realistic girl is a picture of my friend that I was drawing of her for her birthday. It didn't look enough like her for me to give it to her so I kept it. The picture of the guy is a self portriat of me done in a halfway realistic style...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Ok this will be my last update on this thread for a while...I'm leaving on a missions trip to Tecate, Mexico on Saturday and I think that it'll be a while till I have access to a scanner for a while after I get back.

1st Pic. A crystal bell that I drew from real life (of course I changed it a bit.) This picture took me about 15 or so minutes to draw...

2nd Pic. A picture of a hardcore/emo-style looking kid that I did fairly quick in markers.

3rd Pic. A vase with bleeding roses. This was done in wash. I think that it'd make a cool looking cover for a CD.

4th Pic. This is a water-colour pic that I did. It's quite a departure from my usual art. I used much lighter colors than most all my other pictures I've done.

5th Pic. This is a picture of what happens when I get bored and have something to draw on. It was pretty fun. I like the "corporate enthusiast" in it.

(Hey CreatureArt, The roses and the girls face in watercolor are the paintings that I ws telling you about.)

Hope you guys like my stuff...And even though I forgot to say this earlier, feel free to give me any constructive critism that you might have.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:18 pm

Sorry I accidentally double posted.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:34 pm

Hurrah: postage! I'm sorry I missed it before; but I'm happy to see it up here now :grin: .

Foreign Exchange is, as usual, excellent. I love the army episode :lol: . "Scum Dingos" and "Heathen swine" - heheheheh. I love the artwork of the profile in the centre panel of the page - it looks really cool. The artwork of the humour (as well as the humour itself) is really cool - the huge head in particular, and the explosions :grin: .

The anime girl in black marker (I'm guessing) looks cool, too. The linework and contrast are very effective. She's so happy, too.. I like happiness :lol: .

The second anime picture is great, also. I like the soft, wispy feel of the hair and the eyes look really liquid. (Which I love and find hard to do in my drawings).

The portrait of the girl looks very beautiful. The contrasting black behind her really helps the linework and shape to stand out, and the bamboo in the background is a cool touch.

On to your self portrait (yay!) :). The eyes look awesome (brown rules :thumb: ;) ) and the colours flow really nicely. The linework is beautifully clean and not interrupted by the colouring at all (not that it would be, it's just in some pictures the colouring can mess up the linework and it tends to annoy me when I stuff that up :lol: ).

The portrait (?) in just black and white, without any linework, is really effective too. I like how you've captured the shape using only shadow.

Sorry if I talked about contrast a lot: we just did that in art today when we worked on still life and it kind of got ingrained into my head quite a bit. I better get onto some homework, but I'll comment on the other pictures when I'm back. So far they look awesome. :thumb:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:10 am

Thank yee kindly milady.

I'm trying to think of how to start the 5th page of "Foreign Exchange."

Yeah I like how the anime girls I drew turned out...It's pretty funny because I actually draw guys more than girls but a lot of my better pictures are of girls.

Thanks for the compliments on the self portrait...That's cool that you like the eyes on it. I actually think that they were the worst part of the drawing. Ah well.

Yeah the shadow face is a portrait. I like drawing shadows...

I don't mind you talking about contrast so much. That is actually a common theme in most of my artwork. I love stark contrast so I usually do only a few colors or none.

Well I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work and having you comment on the rest of my pictures.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:06 pm

Just letting you guys know that I finished page five of "Foreign Exchange" yesterday and will upload that and a few other new pics when I'm able to. Which might be a while. What would you guys think if I started a new thread featuring "Foreign Exchange" and letting anybody who wants to, to feel free and draw a page of it. I'd still keep going with my normal story but it'd be cool to see other peoples side stories drawn out. If you guys think that's a cool idea let me know and I'll get on it.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:07 pm

That'd be really cool. I can't wait to see the new stuff. I'm sorry I haven't commented on the other pictures yet: I've been getting everything ready to leave for overseas (I'll be gone eight days) which included handing in some assessments etc. early. I'll try and get on an internet cafe or something, though, to catch up. :) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Photosoph » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:21 pm

Wow -loved your waffle comic. ^_^ Also loved your three foreign exchange comics too -the third one was my fav. "He owes me money" - :lol: I also like the rest of your artwork -this comment will be short since I'm going to go click back a few pages to view some more of your work.

<Edit> Wow, I really like your 'Tech Support' one, and also the self-pic below it. I agree with CA... that modem sound is eerie... it's like the computer is trying to communicate with us!!! *pant, pant* beeple-boop bop bop beep bup boop beep.... kshhshshshshhshsh.... drrrr... DR drrr... .... kshhshshshsh...

<Re-edit> (Do I tend to edit myself a lot? Hmm... I guess I like that better than posting two things without someone else posting inbetween)
Just saw this:
Just letting you guys know that I finished page five of "Foreign Exchange" yesterday and will upload that and a few other new pics when I'm able to. Which might be a while. What would you guys think if I started a new thread featuring "Foreign Exchange" and letting anybody who wants to, to feel free and draw a page of it. I'd still keep going with my normal story but it'd be cool to see other peoples side stories drawn out. If you guys think that's a cool idea let me know and I'll get on it.

I think that'd be cool. I might even take a crack at it, although my style is quite different.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:05 pm

Lets see if this works...

http://img123.echo.cx/my.php?image=babyface5ej.jpg

This is a picture I did off of a picture of a baby...
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:44 pm

That's so cute! Love the (hmm... how do I explain this...) 'curvy' (best word I could find. 'Rounded'. 'Soft'. That sort of thing) outline to the right, and also your very soft shading.
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:33 pm

Here's a watercolor snowscape that I did...

Here's a cup of apple juice that I was drinking that I drew.

Here's my first oil painting that I did...It turned out looking like an acrylic painting.

That Dude

Postby That Dude » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:53 pm

Here's a little paice I did for the Foreign Exchange fancomic thing I'm planning on.

A study I did of some flowers. I think it truned out well for taking me only about 30 or so...

This is a picture of a sunset in a canyon. I did it in india ink and watercolor.

Hope you guys like them...I'm going to go work on getting the FE page up. It'll be a while 'till I update more...Though I have finished with page five of FE.
That Dude

Postby Photosoph » Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:09 pm

Cool! Well, this lot of artwork should keep us happy until then. ^_^ Wow... I really love your snowscape. The others are beautiful, but that one just really caught my attention. I love your colours and also the watercolour effect. Cool applejuice cup too. Hmm... I think I've drunk out of a cup which, if not exactly the same, was very similar...
Oh wow... I love your canyon pic too. Great colours, and the vivid contrast with the black is very effective.
I've seen your Foreign Exchange cover on the thread you made for FE, and I still think it looks great. Cool expressions, more great work on the hair, etc. I'll probably have to look at the rest later, though, since I'll need to get off soon.
Thanks for posting more pics!
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby That Dude » Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:18 pm

Thanks for the compliments milady. Yeah I was quite happy with the snowscape that I did. I believe it was one of the very first snowscapes that I tried. Thanks for the compliments on the others...I'm pretty content with most of them and like most of them also...I messed up a bit on the oil but it's ok anyway. It would have been better if I placed it off to the side or something...Oh well. Hey I'll be looking forward to seeing your version of Foreign Exchange soon!
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:39 am

Here's some more art for ya'll. The first one I did in abou a half in hour with a carpenters pencil (that was a pain to draw with on the paper I was using.) And the second is just a little piccy that I did with colored pencils...Not to great but good enough to post.
That Dude

More Foreign Exchange!

Postby That Dude » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:43 am

And now for pages 5 and 6 of Foreign Exchange! I accidentally posted page 6 ahead of 5! So page 5 is the one on the left and six is the one on the right k.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:42 pm

Whoa - I can't believe I missed that you had posted so much of your artwork! It looks fantastic; especially that snowscape. The colours are so beautiful. I also really like Sunset on the Canyon - the colours work really well against the black contrast and the ripples in the water are really well done. All your pictures are excellent but I liked those two in particular - though the moodiness (is that the right word) of the oil painting reminds me of John Constable, which I really like. I'm going to comment on the new FE comic pages in the Draw FE thread later... but suffice to say that they look awesome so far, as usual. :) .

The silhouette face looks awesome, too. I like how most of it is in shadow and you've made the white lighted skin really stand out. The blue-haired anime girl looks great, too - the way you've used a lot of different colours to subtly change the overall tone in different areas has a really nice effect.
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Myoti » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:36 pm

Man, that's some great stuff.

You're carpenter and colored pencil pics are both pretty good and I like your anime style. Though, the comics are a bit confusing to understand since there's no borders.
Myoti

Postby Photosoph » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:22 pm

Like your black and white potrait; the light and shadow contrast looks really effective. Really nice anime girl too; I especially love the skin colour and the colours you've used for the hair; gives it that nice greeny/blue colour. ^_^
(0)>
((_\//
mm

\(^_^)/
Photosoph

Postby Vampi » Mon May 02, 2005 5:54 am

Just to tell you, I have a hard time following the flow and progression of the comics.
Vampi

Postby That Dude » Tue May 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Yeah I'm trying to make the comics flow better. Thanks for letting me know though guys. Thanks for the compliments also. CA have you got any more new pics that your planning on posting soon? And I like your new avatar Vampi...It's neato. I'll try and post more when I can.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed May 11, 2005 11:29 am

Here are a few more pictures for ya'll. I did all of these back in 2003...So they aren't really as good as some of my other suff. Hope you like them though.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed May 11, 2005 11:35 am

Here's some more...The robot looking girl I kind of borrowed the pose on (I changed it enough to be a bit different...I had seen some pics of that style and liked them so I decided to try my hand at it. I drew these pics only 2 days ago...
That Dude

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner