That Dudes Art.

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

That Dudes Art.

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:52 pm

Well I hope this works...They have a kind of poor scan quality but I decided to post them anyway. I hope that you guys like them. Since I don't have a scanner or digital camera expect new drawings to be few and far between.

Ok I got the pictures back up with no annoying white lines! Hooray! All your base are belong to us!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:55 pm

Here are the rest I scanned in. The one of fuji was done with blue markers but was scanned in black and white...I thought it was good enough to post anyway.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:56 pm

Here's one last one...I forgot to post it with the others.

Now with no white lines! Sorry I can't do the mountian lion and fuji.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:01 pm

The mods can delete that other thread that I had just made assking about the size...Thanks for answering my questions y'all.
That Dude

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:02 pm

Oh, I especially like the first one and the last one in your first post. I'm glad you figured out how to get them up.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:06 pm

Thanks for the compliments...And also for helping me out.
That Dude

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:08 pm

That Dude wrote:Thanks for the compliments...And also for helping me out.

No problem. . . on both scores!

How did you finally downsize them?
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:11 pm

I asked for help ^_^ I'm at a friend of the families house and asked him how to resize them so he did it for me.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:16 pm

Hey that was my 300th post!!! Woot!!
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:13 pm

Hurrah! 300 Posts!

Though actually I was going to write this post about your pictures (which I will still do ;) ).

They are awesome - I like them all. Mt Fuji is cool - I like the way you've done the change of tone to capture the shape and texture. The girl also rocks - I love the liquid eyes and hair - and it works nicely against the background :thumb:

Most of all, though - that cat is awesome. Without colour I can't decide what type of big cat it is - but I'm guessing mountain lion/ jaguar/ type. I love the expression (again, especially the eyes) and the texture.

Awesome. Your artwork rocks! :rock:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:12 pm

Hey CA I love the new banner ^_^ \/ thanks for the compliments. You need to show me your stuf sometime. Yeah I usually do faces so those other pictures were kind of a diparture from the norm. The cat is a mountian lion. It has no color...I do most the stuff in pencil or marker. The only color picture was fuji...As a sidenote...I hate computers! It deleted my other pictures...Wah!!!
That Dude

Postby ZiP » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:20 pm

Wow dude, that stuff's great!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby That Dude » Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:20 pm

Thankee kindly laddie.
That Dude

Postby Mave » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:24 am

I never noticed this before but I like your pieces especially the mountain lion (I'm a sucker for animals heh).

I noticed some white lines, streaking across the files. Is this a scanning issue?
Mave

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:23 pm

Aye milady 'twas a scanning error...You have some really good things yourself. I'll try posting more stuff when I'm able to.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:11 pm

A little manga I made called tech support. Staring me! (with no facial hair ^_^)
That Dude

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:56 pm

Ha! Casting Satan out of your modem! That-- why-- that's. . . something I've done before. . .

He he he. Very nice. I like it!

Mangafanatic

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:05 pm

Here's another for yee people. I shall be re-adding the other pictures I deleted on accident. (Thank God for friends with scanners and good comps.)
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:52 am

Awesome, TD!

That one with the girl in the hooded jacket looks a lot like Kisa from Fruits Basket (just up to that episdoe now, lol ^_^). Very cool.

Mwha ha ha - love the Comic. Actually, sometimes that modem noise freaks me out... @_@ . I can understand. ;)

Hurrah! Post some more when you can! I'll try to post some soon - I should be getting my paintings back from being marked in about three weeks so I'll try to scan them in and put them up... meanwhile there's my new, improved, (30% more for the price of 80% less) avatar. :grin:
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:34 am

Nice work dude!

Hey, CreatureArt I prefer your old avatar, but your new sig rocks!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:06 pm

Holy abbreviations Batman! Thanks for the compliments y'all. You better get your art up soon CA. I just finished some cool ones that I want to upload. So when I get the chance I will. So CA what types of paintings are they? Watercolour, oil, acrylics? Do you have any art up Warrior 4 Jesus?
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:48 am

Warrior prefers my old avatar?! @_@ :lol:

My paintings are all in acrylic, I'm afraid - so far I've avoided watercolour (I tend to prefer bolder colours that I can make mistakes with) and dabbled in oils a while back. Back to school in two weeks - so hopefully I'll get them back then. :)

Your artwork still rocks - and I am eagerly awaiting the next installment ;) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:16 am

That Dude, I'm not too good, even though I love to draw. I'm working on a website for my story and it will have two webcomics I've done. Hopefully that will suffice until I get more done.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:56 pm

So CA most of your stuff is in acrylics...That is neato. I love using bold colors and lots of contrast. Like that picture of the guy done in black marker. I barely ever paint...I mostly use watercolors and india ink wash...Cuz it fits my budget which is $0 hehe...Warrior be sure to send me the link to your webcomic. And if you want I might be able to give you some pointers. Oh dude I love your Tintin avatar. The USA probably has the smallest Tintin fanbase...I love the Tintin comics though.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:50 pm

Warrior - you do webcomics? Awesome! I second TD, could you put a link up? I'd love to check them out.

Oh, and due to your prodding ;) (thank you, you encouraged me to put them up there) I have finally put up an art thread, TD.
Click me

I haven't tried india ink - though I would really love to. I think my Mum has some she might let me borrow... Lol I know about your budget of $0. The only reason I did acrylic painting is because the school provides all the materials. :lol:

God bless, and post some more art soon! (*prods*).
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:25 am

Here's some more stuff. The first three are older ones that I decided to load on. And there's another comic starring me (I find myself easy to manga-tize.) Then there's a picture of my grampa Dad-Dad that I did recently. Not the best likeness of him but pretty good. And the last one is a ronin that I drew that I thought looked really cool. Hope you'se guys likes um.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:33 am

Here's a romantic comedy comic that I've been working on. It's not to great because I haven't really cared about making it look awesome or anything. So yeah some shots are kind of cruddy. I don't have names for the two main characters yet. Oh yeah...It's a romantic comedy about these two neighbors who each get foriegn exchange students (my friend Dan and I.) I'm pretty vain I think...I love drawing comics that star me. This one looks the most like I really do. Well hope you like them and don't expect the art to be great or anything. It may be a litle bit confusing to read.
That Dude

Postby CreatureArt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:31 am

Wow - your stuff looks awesome! I especially love your comics - the foreign exchange one's punchline almost woke the rest of the family up. :grin:
The waffles one is great too. Mmm waffles.

In fact, they're all good - but I did like the start contrast and clothing detail on the Ronin. All in all - definitely three thumbs up.. but I think I might have to substitute a big toe... ;)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
---
CreatureArt

Postby That Dude » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:58 am

Arigato milady. (Hah Japanese and Old English together in one sentance. Woot!) Heh...I guess I did name the main guy of the comic...You want to come up with his last name? I'll let people come with the girls name also. If you guys like it I'll try and keep up with it. Think I should call it "Foriegn Exchange?" CA keep on posting your work. I'm not really a fan of anthros but I do like the chibi versions of yours. Your raccoon was awesome.
That Dude

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:39 am

i like the name foriegn exchange... :thumb: it looks good i like the intro for michael

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Next

Return to Art Corner