WhiteKnights art corner

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

WhiteKnights art corner

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:01 pm

Hey, thanks for visiting my art corner. Hope you like what you see. If you have any opinions... spill them, if you have critisism... spill it. This is how I learn, to be told what can be done better. Thanks again and without further Adu my Pencil Art (only media right now).[IMG]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiteKnight23

More Picts

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:03 pm

P.S. if you have any questions about the picture ask, and I can give you more information about the pictures if you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WhiteKnight23

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:22 pm

Here are the latest pictures I have drawn, and still working on completing most of the ones that do not look finished in the other posts.

The one called the Beginning, is the beginning of this unforgunate woman, but this event leads her to be and become who she is later.

The one with the same woman, much later, has met a fork in her life. She can choose to live a life she will find comfort in or choose a life of continual parils and have to live a life of warrior

The next pict, she is decked out with her gear, mainly greek hopolite gear, except for her full scale that she will be wearing... This one is currently being worked on and it will be updated later on.

the first pict, Beginning will need the sky finished, that should be a breeze, but I also have following pictures that need work. So I am far from done with this collection, and that is why I really haven't been on CAA often this month and last month. But since they are now comming along posting is picking up.
WhiteKnight23

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:01 am

Wow! Impressive pencil work; you've got some nice stuff here.

My only suggestion would be to make more defined and deeper shadows.

Keep it up! ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:19 am

I would just like to make one or two general comments and a couple picture specific ones. First off, your drawings are quite detailed, and I like that. I agree witht the deeper shadows comment from Aka, as most of the landscape-y drawings look a little flat. It also might help to go in and carefully add a few highlights with an eraser after you're done, which will help add contrast to the scenes.

The picture you titled beginning looks intrigueing, and the pose is very interesting. The two things that stood out to me were that:
The girl is extremely muscular, especially for a female character at the beginning of a story. I do not know if this fits into your story somehow, but she has a body that seems masculine in structure to me. When drawing females note that their hips are as wide as or wider than their shoulders. (This is one of my own personal drawing problems as well) The legs seem a little small for the body too. I like the shading on the charachter though, it gives a nice sense of three dimensionality to the legs and arms.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 9:16 am

The extremely muscular woman is actually what I am going for... but for the little girl in the scene with her parents, is this the one you are talking about the girl being too muscular? Cause it is called Beginning.

The other, with the woman holding the helmet; she is very muscular, that is also the way I wanted her to look. Just for a little side note, I applied the body of a drug free female body builder, and her shoulders were about the same as in this picture. But yes, the hips needed to be larger; her lower quarter is much smaller than it should be. I hadn’t noticed this until I had all of the detail worked into it. Unfortunately

The problems with that picture, I am trying to remedy in the picture called Greek.

Also, I am trying to darken much more, lol, I have the hardest time doing this, interestingly enough. I drew all of these pictues using a .5 lead pencil and a .3 lead pencil. So I am thinking on upgrading to a real pencil so that I can make sections much darker without ripping through the paper.
WhiteKnight23

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:11 pm

Here is the updated Greek. She is a bit thinner than the first, and has much more detail.

One thing though, what do you all think she should have in right hand? I am thinking a spear with a leaf bladed shortsword with a back sheath on her back, but the spear in hand... what do you'll think about it? Also, is there anthing I can do that makes it look as though she is in motion? this is to include background also.
WhiteKnight23

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:18 pm

I confused the names on the images..
I ment thhe one with the helmet.
Try using a real pencil, they're much more versatilefor what you're trying to do.

try Sword in hand, spear on back.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby soul alive » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:48 pm

hey. so you finally got around to creating an art thread, huh? ^^

as always, i love your stuff, and it is great to see your new projects.

not trying to be morbid, but when people are hung, their heads usually tilt at an angle, but it's not that big of an issue. is the helmet on the ground the same as in the first picture?

can't wait to see the one you are working on now finished. the only thing i can think of off the top of my head to make her look like she is in motion would be kind of blurring the background and showing dirt/rocks/ground being kicked up, like she was just hit backward and is getting ready to make her move... just a thought.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:40 pm

Well this is it. This is basically the final product of the first piece. The Beginnings of a Warrior. I really darkened in lots of areas and lightened others. Trying to make more contrast. Overall, I like it, but ya its not as good as i was hopping for.
WhiteKnight23

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:49 pm

Here is another update to Greek. I got the sword in hand, but it looks pretty... off... but I'll get that fixed somehow. The quesiton is, how do I draw scale armor, without adding every single scale? Doing this can take a long time, but most importantly, if one is off, it makes everything look bad.

So I am open to any suggestions.
WhiteKnight23

Postby soul alive » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:52 pm

to just give an idea of the texture, draw patches of scales here and there, not very many. nice to see the pic progressing.
soul alive

more

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:26 pm

Some of my sketches... these were like spur of the moment. It however took me quite a bit of time to figure out how to draw these guys but I did. They aren't in very good quality because they are still rough sketches so look with leeway.
WhiteKnight23

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:38 pm

Here is my most up to date picture. It took many hours of planning, but when it came to drawing it, it was only about an hour and a half worth of work. Which was supprising to me, because it came out like I wanted it to. Suprise suprise.

So ya, to give you the low down, this guy has come back from a fight... abviously a hard one. He has a beat up sword hand and sword arm. His left is fine because he uses a shield... thus the sheild would take a battering and not his arm nessesarily. He obviously has a kid. One thing, he has legs... but he is on his knees though, so his legs are behind him. One other thing, battles were far away from home generally, but they wear there uniforms when they come home... much like todays military. And since they are from far away it takes a long while to return, so that is why he looks like his forearms are fine in comparison to the rest of the arm.

"deep breath" ok thats the picture for ya. Enjoy and God bless.

By the way... I am trying to think of a good title... one so far is "Worth Fighting For." Any opinions on another are welcome.
WhiteKnight23

Postby soul alive » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 am

arg, teach me to take too long to type something, silly computer... ><

anyway, nice to see more of your stuff up. the last picture in the group of four reminds me in a way of storm troopers. and i really like the knight picture, nice dark to light range. i like how you almost always have a "history" for your pictures.

*pokes* and when are you going to start using those colored pencils, hm? ^^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Esoteric » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:15 pm

Wow, I must first say I am very impressed! There aren't a lot of artists out there who are good at smooth clean pencil shading. I...gosh, yeah, I'm impressed!

i'm not going to critic individual pieces, the others have done that for you and I think you're a good enough artists to tell on your own what's wrong with some of the proportions and such. I would just say to keep studying the works of professional artists. Pay attention to the tricks they use for making repeating patterns (like scale armor) or the shading technics used to make a forshortened limb 'recede'. Also, pay attention to the foot placement. Naturally placed feet are very seldom both exactly the same distance from the viewpoint. One foot is usually in front of the other. Attention to foot placement will help your characters to stand solidly, even if it's only on an empty horiztonal plane.
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:16 pm

very nice stuff. It's good to see some none-anime art on the CAA for a change.
keep it up!! XD
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

My new picts

Postby WhiteKnight23 » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:10 pm

These are based from the sketches of my Heavy infantry. The pencil sketch was at first going to be a huge guy... but than changed it to where it was a huge robotic suit instead. Than I decided to make a semi anime character. I am planning on adding a row of lockers behind her, with some sort of prank that was pulled... like birds in her locker or something of the sort. Got the idea from were I used to work. The Refinery in Newcastle Wyoming.
The color is done in colored pencils, that Sara got me. I have finally been brave enough to use them... :brow:
Still comming along though.
WhiteKnight23

Postby soul alive » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:57 pm

hey, nice to see them started.

*pokes* see, coloring isn't so bad, you just have to do it... :P ^^
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

soul alive

Return to Art Corner