Hitokiri's Artwork

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Hitokiri's Artwork

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:13 am

Depending if people have a general intrest in this topic, I may add more pictures on here.

As of right now...I have no scanner :shady: but I will by the end of week (as well as a laptop). So I decided to use my mom's handy dandy digital camera and I took pictures of my artwork plus my manga ^_^ These are not the entire picture...I decided to focus more on the characters than the bakground.

Sorry if these pictures look old...they aren't it's the camera's lighting affect. I took of the flash cause it made the lines look all whitish...so it looks like old newspaper.

Good Artwork (took me a while to complete these)

-------------------------------------------------------

Now for the current manga I am working on: Bear no Shadow.... some pages from it. I have bout 50-60 pages done for the first volume.

I apologizw for the bad quality pictures.
Hitokiri

Postby Uriah » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:24 pm

Cool. I like your hairstyles.
Uriah

Postby sunet » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:48 pm

cool stuff!! i like the first one the most. ^_^
sunet

Postby harina » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:06 am

Cool, but in the third picture the right hand's fingers are like upside down.. you'll notice if you look at the thumb.
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. [Hebr. 11:1]
harina

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:27 am

:lol:

yeah I just noticed that. I've been trying to be particular with how their hands are and how they are positioned so it looks right.
Hitokiri

Postby Indy » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:38 pm

I really like the first picture! The guy's hair is really cute. ^^
Great work with your art!
Indy

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:33 am

Well..I just got myself a scanner :)

The first drawing is conceptual art for a character from a romance-comedy manga me and my friend created . She's of course the nerdy one however as the manga progresses, a inner beauty starts to form in her.

The second is another conceptual from the main girl character. She focuses on school, kendo, and baseball and dislikes dating. One of the top sudents at the university, he's acts maure when in public but when she's with friends, she can be afirly immature.

She look skinda old in this picture (late twenties) but she's suppoed to be 19 or 20...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:46 am

Here's a drawing I did a few days ago of the main male character of the manga.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:59 pm

What? You have a new scanner as well? This is so unfair. :shady:

j/k j/k ;) Good for you!

Hmmm, a romance-comedy manga? I look forward to it. Nice character designs ^__^
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:21 pm

Thanks, hey I have a question for whoever want's to help me. I'm trying to create a character who is a older female (somewhere between 24-28) and I want her to look old. She smokes and has glasses. Here's some ideas for her face. Can anyone offer some suggestions?
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:34 am

Sorry for the double post :(

And also sorry for the conceptual drawings, I appreciate feedback though. This 3 set is the main guy characters older sister, and 2 best friends (the one with the vash-esque hair is a little bit modeled after me.

I love to draw his sister. Her expressions are just so fun to draw.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:45 pm

I' sorry for the double ...errr...triple post but no one is replying :(

Anyways...here's a group picture i worked on this morning for my new manga (you can find a related picture and description in the Gallery).

This picture kinda shows the wackiness and the insanity yet clamness of the manga (one of the first times i used the computer for shading.)
Hitokiri

Postby soul alive » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:17 pm

hey, nice to see your artwork. i take it the female smoking character is the older sister? and don't worry about double or triple posting in your art thread... i do it in mine, and i think i've at least quadruple posted a few times. it will be fun to see where your manga and characters go from here.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:15 am

if you look at the earlier pictures, you see the begining form of the character (i.e. the older sister that smokes) from when I had some prelim head sketches and now she's all fleshed out character. Kinda intresting.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:57 pm

Here's yet another group picture that I like. The inking seems really white in some areas. It's because of my scanner and my dark settings. Does anyone kno whow to fix that? That and I was to lazy to recolor my inking through the computer.
Hitokiri

Postby Syreth » Thu Dec 23, 2004 1:33 am

I like your style a lot. Are you going to post your manga anywhere for us to read so that we can get into your story?
Syreth

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:28 am

Syreth wrote:I like your style a lot. Are you going to post your manga anywhere for us to read so that we can get into your story?

i need authentication of my friend to put it up (however the art I do that he doesnt supervise goes up ^_^) He did write the story after all. Plus he's aparboid it will get stolen so...he's trying push for it to get published ::scratches head:: I'm not to big on that idea.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:52 pm

K, here's something other than White Day. Word of warning thogh that it's bloody and thier's no nudity per say but, it does suggest the female is nude. It's a manga concept that I am working called "2 Bit". The base of the story is this girl named 2 Bit is an assassin that prety much kills whoever she is told to kill. However, she begins to discover who she is, her job ethic, and her existance. She soon begins to find out that she is an experiment to create the "perfect" human.

So you don't have to see the pic...I put it as a link

2 Bit
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:08 pm

Hitokiri wrote:i need authentication of my friend to put it up (however the art I do that he doesnt supervise goes up ^_^) He did write the story after all. Plus he's aparboid it will get stolen so...he's trying push for it to get published ::scratches head:: I'm not to big on that idea.

Hey, glad to hear that there are other artists who aren't that keen about publishing. XD

I've commented about your stuff before while we chatted but I just wanna say, do start posting the manga somewhere online. ^_^ Good luck!
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:13 pm

Thanks Mave. Proaly by tommrow (if I find time away from reading and watching all the ooodles of manga and anime I get), I will post the pilot of chapter 1 for White Day (my dialoge that I wrote)
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:32 pm

As promised, here's the first page of the practice (pilot chapter), as I edit more, I will add them up. Plus I got permission from my friend.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:18 am

Argh....I didn't know you posted them here, Hitokiri. My bad for not keeping track on the threads here. (-_-);

I'm just going repeat what I told you earlier. Consideing they're pilot pages, I'll comment on how much I like your panelling (spaced out appropriately and helps the flow of the story) and think the anime references are great! (i.e. so 'Shinji', haha)
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:55 am

What keeps me going is not really the determination of myself wanting to finish it but the compliments, critiques, and suggestions I get from the readers is what motivates me. Everyone's posts mean alot to me and continue to drive me to do better, continue the project, and motivates me so much that I would draw the entire day to put a work up here :lol:

That's why I'm spending a large portion of the day edting 3 pages of th epilot chapter. A hour and half and one is finally done :sweat:

The middle picture reads first while the first picture is read second and the third picture reads last.
Hitokiri

Postby Mave » Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Ah Hitokiri, good to see updates! At least you're posting something....I've been stagnant for the last few weeks :sweat:

I have one main comment. I suggest reducing the number of panels you're using per page, especially the 1st and 3rd entry. If you have too many panels, it will clutter the page and disrupt the flow. I suggest stretching it out to other pages (I'm estimating you could actually pull off another 6-7 pages with what you already have there.)

Hope this helps! ^__^ You're doing fine, taking the first step and learning along the way. Hitokiri, keep it up! :thumb:
Mave

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:06 am

Yeah I agree Mave and thanks for your support. I noticed there were to many panels so I may need to double it up or reduce what is going on.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:10 pm

::Hitokiri holds up a magical rod and yells out "Ressurect" thus ressurecting this topic::

On th enote of RPG's, after being on a Tales of Symphonia kick for a looong time, I couldn't help but draw some characters for a my own RPG game. I have a hbait of making sequels to games (Bloody Roar, Street Fighter, Harvest Moon, Megaman) by drawing out characters or making completely new games (which 2 have turned into manga :lol: ).

I havn't named this one yet but I have a butt-load of drawings I scanned of each character and then a entire gorup pic.

So here's the first batch.

The first picture is the main male character and his element is light/omega (being he can use any element) an dhis weapon is a arm sword that belong to hi snow deceased father. He wishes to avenge his father and brothers death and protect the ones he loves.

Next picture is the main female character whoose element is Heart. She uses a sectionated bow however in this drawing, she was the wind element and used a bgig fan however she changed. She wishes to avenge her father bute moreso, she wants to be side by side the main male character.

Picture 3 is the next main character and has no element however he is a soldier with a dark and long history. He uses a broad sword and a shield. he wishes to make amends for all the innocent lives he took.

Picture 4 is a fisherman whoose element is water and uses a anchor for a weapon. He lives in the Eternal Sea. His family was enslaved and a monster is tormenting his city, so he pledges ot help the main character to heal the heartache of the world.

Picture 5 is a mercenary met in The Land of the Holy Fire. His element is... fire and uses a Landsknecht (a very long Gemran sword). He was to be executed however the main characters free him an dhe agrees to help them..for a fee of course.

Next batch coming righ t up.
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:23 pm

next batch...

First picture is some wierd, hyper girl whoose element is Electricty and uses a Electrical Whip. She decides to follow the main character and his team after they broke something of hers and she wants them to pay her back for the cost. However, it's far from thier price range so she invulantarly joins them.

Second picture is a girl (Does she look familiar? Whoever guesses it gets a life time supply of bacon) whoose element is Ice and uses a special gem that can change into whatever weapon depending on the level of the gem. She's a princess however hates being royalty. She decides to help the main character on thier journey as a representaive of the Land of the Endless Winters.

The third picture is peronal favorite. He is a huge guy that is a Earth element an duses special Gauntlets that allows him to move rocks. He is encased in armor due to the fact his entire skin is burned, scarred, torn, and mangeled due to years and years of torture. However he is a kind soul and always carries a teddy bear and a necklace with him in honor of a special person who died.

The forth picture is girl who i the new Wind element and she uses two giant fans. I havn't developed a sotry with he ryet (maybe she falls in love with one of the guys).

The fifth picture is a uy whoose element is Nature and uses a gaint Shuriken type thing as well as animals which he can command. He lives in the forests and decides to join the party to ensur ehis forest will never be torn down again.

3 more pictures ^_^
Hitokiri

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:29 pm

The first picture is a samurai who doesnt have a element however uses a bokken. She hails from a world filled entirely with machines and has a mechanical arm. She lost it in a fight and wishes to exact revenge on th eperson (who is tied with the 2 main characters) for taking her arm.

The second picture is from athe Dark world and his element is Dark. he uses a Coffin as a weapon where he stores the bones and blood of his allies and friends. His entire past, present, idenity, name, and background his a mystery,

And finally a group pic of all them! Yeah ^_^ Gah, the mercanary dude is not there!! ::makes note to draw him in later::
Hitokiri

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:33 pm

omg cool! so cute the girls are
Mr. SmartyPants

Return to Art Corner