Enter Golden_Griff's World

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Enter Golden_Griff's World

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:37 pm

Introduction

Welcome to the Planet of G-2 (Golden_Griff). In case you're wondering, that's the planet that revolves around the rock known as my head :grin:

Anyway, here's the home away from home for my lovely drawings (yes, lovely because I'm too embarassed to show work I have no pride in :eyeroll: ).

Here at Planet G-2 there are many species of animal: some you may recognize, others you may have never seen before. (Anything could be here from fan art to just plain weird stuff from my imagination).

Enjoy your stay. And no smoking!:mutter:

(don't panic! the pictures are arriving soon!)
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Angelic Luigi

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:43 pm

This is a nice picture of one of my favorite characters: Luigi!

He's such an angel isn't he? :angel: It's been a while since I've drawn a figure of a man--heck, it's been a while since I've drawn a figure period--so I'm proud of how well he turned out. I'm terrible with folds of clothing though (-_-; ) Sorry it's not in color; it looked so well in pencil I didn't want to ruin it with inking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:47 pm

Dude, Luigi's YOUNG...and BUFF...and DEAD...

Also, he seems to have traded in his thick bushy 'stache for this new, slightly Mexican looking one...

*Begins singing Jimmy Buffet*

Oh, I wish I had a pencil-thin mustache...then I could solve some mysteries too...

Anyway, great picture.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Bad Chain Chomp!

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:49 pm

Here's a picture of who I think would be Luigi and Daisy's daughter, who I look at as being tom-boyish. A name isn't decided yet, neither is the character concept (not like I'm submitting this to anyone, just for my own personal enjoyment). The idea for the chain chomp pet came from Mario Kart: DD; I heard that Baby Luigi carries around a chain chomp as a weapon. So I thought it would be suitable if Luigi's daughter had one for a pet :eyeroll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden_Griff

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:51 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Dude, Luigi's YOUNG...and BUFF...and DEAD...

Also, he seems to have traded in his thick bushy 'stache for this new, slightly Mexican looking one...

*Begins singing Jimmy Buffet*

Oh, I wish I had a pencil-thin mustache...then I could solve some mysteries too...

Anyway, great picture.

Thanks Kae! :grin: Yeah, I tried the bushy mustache but I didn't think it worked well. :comp:

Golden_Griff

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:58 pm

Yeah, I think she looks kinda tomboyish as well (though I'm not sure why).

Yes, in DD Baby Mario and Baby Luigi have chain chomps as their special.

Also, in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Game Boy, there was a woman in the village who had a chain chomp named Bow Wow for a pet. I think her name was Madam Meow Meow.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby RoyalWing » Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:57 pm

kaemmerite wrote:Also, in The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Game Boy, there was a woman in the village who had a chain chomp named Bow Wow for a pet. I think her name was Madam Meow Meow.

Yeah! She was so cute! And having Bow Wow as a pet was the best, he ate all the monsters!! I got stuck in the game after that portion though. XD

Golden_Griff!! Your art is so cute! ^o^
RoyalWing

Postby Golden_Griff » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm

RoyalWing wrote:Yeah! She was so cute! And having Bow Wow as a pet was the best, he ate all the monsters!! I got stuck in the game after that portion though. XD

Golden_Griff!! Your art is so cute! ^o^

Aww, gee thanks! :red:

Yeah, the Bow Wow thing was cool. I tried to complete the game without taking him back. But Nintendo wants to make things complicated :eyeroll:

kaemmerite wrote:Yeah, I think she looks kinda tomboyish as well (though I'm not sure why).

Maybe it's because she prefers wearing jeans and a baseball shirt instead of some girly dress :P

Ohhhh! I wish I had more pictures to show right now :sniffle: So many ideas, so little time...

Golden_Griff

Postby Jaltus-bot » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:40 pm

What cute drawings! I hope this thread means we get to see more like these. You are a good artist.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:05 am

I like what I'm seeing so far here GG. The Luigi is a little odd in my eye, but hey thats all in the styling! I really like the second one and the concept of using a chomp as a pet is pretty funny. I dont think she looks excessively tomboyish, though thats never really bothered me in charachters. (Believe you me, I have charachters that are quite tomboyish, as well as a few friends.)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:27 am

mechana2015 wrote:I like what I'm seeing so far here GG.

Oh, a potential critic are we? :eyeroll: Well I'm ready for ya! :evil:

mechana2015 wrote:The Luigi is a little odd in my eye, but hey thats all in the styling! I really like the second one and the concept of using a chomp as a pet is pretty funny. I dont think she looks excessively tomboyish, though thats never really bothered me in charachters. (Believe you me, I have charachters that are quite tomboyish, as well as a few friends.)

Odd? What do you mean...odd? :eyeroll: Yeah, the girl isn't THAT tomboyish but I want to give her a personality that's more distinguishable from the other female characters.

sheherazade wrote:What cute drawings! I hope this thread means we get to see more like these. You are a good artist.

Yes, and you will I promise! Which is why it's driving me semi-crazy that I only have TWO drawings on display!! :bang: (oh and thanks for the compliment :grin: )

Soo...

Golden_Griff

Here's some more to hold ya until then!

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:30 am

Here's some drawings from the gallery which may be new to someone who's never seen them before.

Some mythical animals to tickle your fancy :) (blast it! My centaur is only being saved as a bitmap! :comp: )

EDIT: Oh wait, there he is :)

Golden_Griff

And more...

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 am

(Moving images are allowed right?)

And here's some pictures of more human...humans :sweat:

The last one features christianfriend.

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:40 pm

That last picture is absolutely awesome... really funny. I also like the little chibi picture (center on top row). It's a very cute picture.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:40 pm

That last picture is absolutely awesome... really funny. I also like the little chibi picture (center on top row). It's a very cute picture.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:41 pm

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:40 am

mechana2015 wrote:That last picture is absolutely awesome... really funny. I also like the little chibi picture (center on top row). It's a very cute picture.

Thank you :) I'm so proud of my chibi with the glasses. It's a 'he' by the way (I drew him with ambiguity to see what gender other people would say he is :P). That's the best drawing I've done in a while. I like everything about it: the face, the pose, the folds in the clothes, the sketchy quality of it.

mechana2015 wrote:That last picture is absolutely awesome... really funny. I also like the little chibi picture (center on top row). It's a very cute picture.

Thank you :eyeroll:

Thank you :P

:lol:

Golden_Griff

Postby soul alive » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:01 pm

cute pictures! i like your style. i have to say my favorite is the last picture in the last group you posted. can't wait to see more.
-Sara-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A Cruce Salus, a webmanga. --- Status: Undergoing rewrites, currently offline

soul-alive.deviantart.com

"People say I'm strange, does it make me a stranger / That my best friend was born in a manger?" 'Jesus Freak' - dc Talk
soul alive

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:45 pm

BTW that was so only a single post when I originally posted it. O.o;
Just wondering... Griff, did you draw your own avatar?

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:02 pm

[quote="mechana2015"]BTW that was so only a single post when I originally posted it. O.o]

Bah, I wish :eyeroll: That's Karen from Harvest Moon: Back to Nature. But I do plan to stick a hand-drawn avatar up there one day.

*sigh* I really want to get better with my drawing skills--it's my one true talent! I guess it takes practice but for how long?? :waah!:

Ohh, double sigh! I wanted to post two more drawings today but I guess it'll have to wait until tomorrow when a scanner becomes available to me. Until then, to work I go! *starts scribbling*

( T)!__ <---you like that? That's me drawing with concentration (see the little eraser?) :P

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:54 pm

Golden_Griff wrote:*sigh* I really want to get better with my drawing skills--it's my one true talent! I guess it takes practice but for how long?? :waah!:
Im goin' on 3 years with anime styled drawings. I used to just draw a lot before then.

Golden_Griff wrote: ( T)!__ <---you like that? That's me drawing with concentration (see the little eraser?) :P
Cute... hilarious! :thumb: :lol:

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:59 am

mechana2015 wrote:Im goin' on 3 years with anime styled drawings. I used to just draw a lot before then.

Same here. I started anime styled drawings near the end of 2001. When I look back at my first drawings I can say that I've gotten better :sweat: But I'm still not at the point where I'd like to be.

Besides that I've been drawing since I was 3 years old (well at least that's what mom says :eyeroll: )

Golden_Griff

Loving Father

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:02 am

This drawing was very tedious. But it turned out pretty good in the end. I king of wish I left it as a sketch. I think it's better with a close up too.

Golden_Griff

Amber

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:05 am

Here's Amber in her little viking outfit. Well, at least it's suppose to be a viking outfit...I didn't have a reference :red: I drew this 3 in the morning. I get in those "Can't do anything else until I release my creativity" spells :eyeroll:

EDIT: IDIOT! You have to add the picture too! :bang:

:sweat:

Golden_Griff

Postby Ssjjvash » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:06 am

*sniff, sniff* alright, everyone, ready? 1...2...3...Awwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

That's very cute and you did a great job on all of your pictures! :thumb:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

A Tribute to Paw Paw Bears

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:10 am

*sigh*

Here's a tribute to that 80's cartoon no one but 5 people in the entire world knows about: Paw Paw Bears. I'm surprised that I remember it myself (maybe because of my brother's old tapes? ).

Anyway, this is Brave Paw on his horse Golden Thunder (very cool name don't you think? :eyeroll: ) Maybe I'll add some more Paw Paws later.

Golden_Griff

Postby Jaltus-bot » Thu Oct 14, 2004 7:37 pm

I really like the Loving Father. The Amber one is lovely and the Tribute to Paw Paw Bears is so cute. :)
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:20 pm

The Amber Picture is very nice, and the costume looks reasonably viking-ish.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Amber Alert!

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:28 pm

Uh-oh, Amber isn't happy right now...

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:01 am

yow! thast looks like somthing out of Smash Bros. (the pose) Looks good and pretty cute... a little pixely, but hey I'm just very retentive about things like that. :sweat:

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Next

Return to Art Corner