Enter Golden_Griff's World

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:25 pm

true_noir_chloe wrote:I really liked that picture - it was very funny, Griffie. ^__________^ Sorry, I have no "big" words to describe it. *heehee* ~_^ You're very good at this. I can see you doing children's books and illustrations.

Illustrations? :eh: I told you not to use big words! :stressed: Ha, just kidding :P

Hmm, you're the second person I can think of that has mentioned to me about doing illustrations for childrens' books. Maybe if I hear it for a third time I'll consider it (my roommate believes that if something good is manifested in your life three times that means its going to happen :grin: )
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Here's someone you wouldn't mind bugging you ;)

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:33 pm

:angel:

Japanese beetle child to be exact :angel:

The first drawing I've inked with india ink. It had a rather big accident on the ear but Photoimpressions took care of that :grin:

*goes back to finish other drawings*
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Chibi Tennis Playing Peach

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:40 pm

Peach has got it! :grin:

One half of a project I'm working on. Maybe at some point in time the other half will be completed :eyeroll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Golden_Griff

Lily and Click Clack

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:54 am

Okay, I've decided to name Luigi and Daisy's child "Lily." Here she is with her "dog" Click Clack. Yeah I know, not very creative but neither are the other characters, I would say :eyeroll:

Oh yeah, you don't want to mess with these two :cool:

Golden_Griff

Postby Jaltus-bot » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Very cool work. :thumb:
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:54 pm

I like the clank clank with lily! Cuuute!

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

A sketch for someone

Postby Golden_Griff » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:05 am

This is a sketch of two people in prayer that someone asked me to draw for them. You know who you are ;) This isn't the final sketch but the idea that I'm planning on working with.

EDIT: Oh and uh, just so the next two posts won't be so confusing, I moved the chibi-legato picture down a few notches. :sweat:

Golden_Griff

Postby R. Zion » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:39 pm

Awwww, isn't Legato the cutest little psychopathic killer! Look at that little skull and the halo he must of stolen from someone. Probably edible, too! ^_^
R. Zion

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:17 pm

R. Zion wrote:Awwww, isn't Legato the cutest little psychopathic killer! Look at that little skull and the halo he must of stolen from someone. Probably edible, too! ^_^

Stolen it...:lol:

Chibi-Legato: Hmm :eyebrow:...(takes a bite out of the halo) *munch munch* 0_0...Heavenly! :grin:

Griff: Yes, he's very adorable :)

Chibi-Legato: :angel:

Griff: :)...:drool:...*locks eyes with chibi-Legato and falls under a hypnotic trance*

Chibi-Legato: yes...obey my cuteness :evil...NOW GET ME HOTDOGS! :mutter:

Griff: @_@...0_0?! (is snapped out of the trance by Legato's yelling) Don't you take that tone with me mister! T_T

Chibi-Legato: I'm sorry (._.)...may I please have some hotdogs? I_I

Griff: Of course ^_^
Golden_Griff

Chibi Sephiroth and Legato

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 pm

YAY! The Sephiroth picture is the first time that I've used photoshop to do my coloring. Had a time working with it but it turned out okay :sweat: Unfortunately I knew no other way to save it but as a jpg, which I think I'm starting to hate :shady:

I decided to move "Munch-kin" (:P) from the next to last post to this one. Now he doesn't look so out of place :)

Aren't they sweet? :angel: ...looking? :evil: :lol:

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:15 pm

that is one... big eyed sephie... thats like... the cute axis of supreme evil

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby c-girl » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:01 pm

>^.^< I like your art work Golden_Griff! You're very talented!
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Golden_Griff » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:23 pm

mechana2015 wrote:that is one... big eyed sephie... thats like... the cute axis of supreme evil

Griff: Muhahahaha...exactly :evil: Right my precious?

Sephi & Munchy: :angel: :angel:...:evil: :evil:

Griff: I shall rule the world with my chibi-army! :brow:...well, CAA at least :eyeroll:

But...it's something about Sephiroth's face that I don't like :stressed:...

christiangirl wrote:>^.^< I like your art work Golden_Griff! You're very talented!

*insert comment of gratitude here* :)

Golden_Griff

Postby agasfas » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:24 am

Hey Golden_Griff, I saw this link in your sig so I clicked. You are quite the artist indeed. They all look great. Keep it up. :thumb:
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:18 pm

I love your chibi Sephiroth and Legato, Griffie! lol - too cute

I think UC should really consider changing his avatar to chibi Sephiroth, don't you? XD

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:29 pm

agasfas wrote:Hey Golden_Griff, I saw this link in your sig so I clicked. You are quite the artist indeed. They all look great. Keep it up. :thumb:

Ha ha, thanks for stopping by agasfas :) You shall be rewarded for your attentiveness. *gives agasfas 50% off coupons to use at his local gas station*

true_noir_chloe wrote:I love your chibi Sephiroth and Legato, Griffie! lol - too cute

I think UC should really consider changing his avatar to chibi Sephiroth, don't you? XD

Shhhhhh! Do you know what power that will give him?? :wow!: Lol.

Ah yes, my chibi angelic villains :angel: I don't know what is it about me and turning bad guys good :eyeroll: Hmm, I should have a motto...

"Golden_Griff: Turning baddies :evil:... into goodies :angel:"

:brow:

Golden_Griff

Hiding No More

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:19 am

In case you're wondering where my avatar comes from...

Sitting around the house. Trying to figure out what I want to draw. Started with one idea but didn't have any references. Switched it up and drew a chibi-sized me. Scanned it. Colored it. Liked it. :thumb:

(And yes, contrary to what may have been previously thought, this is me...well I'm not chibi-sized but, you get it ;) )

Golden_Griff

Postby R. Zion » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:19 am

Hey, very nice Griffy!
R. Zion

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:46 pm

I like it a lot Griff... its sooo cuuute!
(just a note... I cant full size it...PNGs aint a good format)

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:26 pm

mechana2015 wrote:I like it a lot Griff... its sooo cuuute!
(just a note... I cant full size it...PNGs aint a good format)

They're not? Hmm, I knew it was something evil about that png format :stressed:...

Golden_Griff

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:04 pm

hmm... got it on this computer with firefox. Liiks nice, especially as a avatar. XP

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby TrigunX89 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:19 am

Wow! Very nice pictures, GoldenGriff! How long/much do you draw?
TrigunX89

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:24 pm

TrigunX89 wrote:Wow! Very nice pictures, GoldenGriff! How long/much do you draw?

Thank you TrigunX89 ^_^

Hmm, let's see.

Well, I've been drawing since I was around 3 years old (if I remember my mom's words correctly). I became interested in anime in my middle school years (Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z being two of the first shows that I recognized as anime).

I remember when I used to do a lot of Mario fanart. Once I drew a picture of Roy Koopa without tracing. And it looked good! Don't know what happened to it though...

For a while I've been wanting to draw in anime-style but was too afraid because I hate when I make ugly drawings. And I especially didn't want to make anything ugly looking and anime-ish at the same time.

However, in the fall of 2001 (my senior year in highschool) I finally gave it a try at my first anime-ish drawing. And it didn't offend me! I was proud for taking that first step :grin: I'll probably post the picture later.

(Actually, this was my very first attempt at anime):
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=8825

Ever since, I've been drawing in anime style. I'm glad for finally learning how to draw anime, but at the same time it's almost as if I can draw in no other style, particulary the "style" that I possessed in my drawings prior to that fateful day. I mean, I can still draw something that's not anime-related. But it can be surprisingly hard not to draw a cartoon character without giving it some anime-ish characteristics (i.e. big eyes with highlights).

Another thing about me and my art is that I like to create my own characters, despite the many fan art pictures you see in this thread :eyeroll: Hmm...I think my fan art is a sign that I have become more confident in drawing particular characters. There was a time when fan art was a forbidden subject, because (again) I was afraid of the outcome of my drawings. Then again, I notice that my fan art of non-anime characters (particularly of my Mario characters) is done in anime style :eyeroll:

As an artist, one thing I hate is when I create a character/comcept that I think no one in the world but myself is creative enough to think of--only to find a similiar character/concept elsewhere! When that occurs, I feel like doing this:

:wow!: :mutter: :waah!: :comp: (but a tv instead of a computer, lol)

Have you ever came up with an idea (as an artist or anyone else) thinking that you and only you thought of it, only to see the same idea on television the very next day? Well I have, more times than I would like :shady:. I hate when someone "steals" an idea that I have, because
  1. The character loses some of it's...um...originality and special-ness (for lack of a better word)
  2. I feel like sub-conciously I've seen the character/concept from somewhere but don't exactly remember seeing it (in other words, my idea wasn't so original but derived from something else)
  3. It makes me feel like a copycat, even if I have never seen or heard of the idea that's getting all the publicity (is this the same as number 2? )
  4. Well, I'm selfish with my ideas and I want no one else to think of them! When someone sees my idea, I want them to say "Yeah, Griff was the first to ever think of doing something like that." Mine! MINE! (pauses to take a chill pill)

*ahem* I'm better now. Anyway, that's why I don't really post anything that's "near and dear" to me, because if the idea isn't out there already, I don't want it to get out until I'm ready (-_-)

I haven't figured out what to do with my talent (or my life for that matter). But recently I've been hired (well, it's more like asked :eyeroll: ) to make comics for the school paper. *sigh* Who knows where my life will go?...

Golden_Griff

Postby Golden_Griff » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:35 pm

Whoops, wrote my entire auto-biography and didn't answer the second part of your question. :eyeroll:

Anyway, as far as how much I draw, well, I think it all depends on where I am and if I'm in a drawing mood.

I find that I draw most when I'm bored :lol: I draw in class, at the doctor's office, in the car, at slightly boring programs where people do too much talking, at REALLY boring programs where people talk too much, etc., etc.

Particulary over the summer while I was working in an office as a volunteer worker, I would sit and draw for the entire 4 hours that I was at work. Of course, I did run errands and such when needed. But for the most part, I would just sit in the office waiting for a phone call. With nothing else to do, drawing helped to past the time.

But, I also draw when the mood strikes me. I know over the past fall semester, I would get hit by these sudden urges to draw. I would be up at 3 am on a school night drawing something--anything--to release my creativity. So, yeah, that mood that really hit hard sometimes :lol:

Hmm...I think that I draw the least when I'm home, because I'm mostly occupied by other things, mostly my computer. If I'm not drawing, I'm either surfing the web, trying to defeat the boss of world 5 on my gaming console, or sewing cosplay outfits for my dollies :)

*whew*...any other artsy questions? :brow:

Golden_Griff

Postby Magekind » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:10 pm

No, not really. ... Oh, wait, you were talking to Trigun X89. Apologies.

Good art. Granted, I didn't go looking through all of them closely, but all the ones I did look at looked nice. Interesting character concepts for the Luigi thing. Poor sap...
Take it like you gave it; what else matters in the end? To be honest, it's all a one-shot test; that leaves plenty of places to go wrong, but how will you ever know? There's a pointer, I will admit. Turn it on, listen to it, feel it burn.

At-Close Paren-Right inclusive bracket-Tilde. Thanks to CAA mods. Taken from Jaden Mental's sig.
Magekind

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:09 pm

Magekind wrote:No, not really. ... Oh, wait, you were talking to Trigun X89. Apologies.

Good art. Granted, I didn't go looking through all of them closely, but all the ones I did look at looked nice. Interesting character concepts for the Luigi thing. Poor sap...

Poor sap? (hands on hips) And what exactly do you mean by that :eyebrow:

Anyway, thanks for the comments. And thanks for dropping by :) I would give you an incentive but uh...I gave them all away :sweat:

Golden_Griff

Me and chibi-Legato

Postby Golden_Griff » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:21 pm

I completed this a few minutes ago. I was trying to do some shading but I'm inexperienced with that and I didn't want to mess it up too badly. Basically I was drawing as practice for some stuff I had to get refreshed on (anatomy). I didn't even have to draw the complete frame with the shapes this time! :grin:

I was kind of doodling (just drawing to release creative energy) but the results are better than I expected :)

Hmm...:eyeroll:

~My buddy, my buddy,
~Where ever I go, heeeee goes.
~My buddy, my buddy,
~My buddy and meee!

:lol:

Golden_Griff

Postby Syreth » Fri Dec 24, 2004 1:06 pm

Hey Griff, I really like the pic. Who is the little dude? He is very cute. However, the right arm looks a little "beefy" in comparison to the left arm with perspective in mind. Also the legs seem a little too long in comparison to the torso. But as for shading, you did well. You have a good sense of your light source. Of course, this is all my ameteur opinion. Let me know if I'm off, since you probably would know better than I would.
Syreth

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:06 pm

Syreth wrote:Hey Griff, I really like the pic. Who is the little dude? He is very cute. However, the right arm looks a little "beefy" in comparison to the left arm with perspective in mind. Also the legs seem a little too long in comparison to the torso. But as for shading, you did well. You have a good sense of your light source. Of course, this is all my ameteur opinion. Let me know if I'm off, since you probably would know better than I would.

Hmm, I see what you're saying. I tried to make my arms rather large (since, heh, they are fairly large in size in reality ^^; ) but I had a feeling that I made that right arm a little too big, particularly in the forearm. Hmm, I don't see too much of a problem with the legs. But I'm not saying your wrong either.

Good sense of light source eh? Ha, actually I was kind of clueless on the hair :eyeroll:

By the way, the little guy is my "adopted" bishounen Legato (from Trigun) in chibi form :grin:

Golden_Griff

Postby Syreth » Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:59 pm

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about the legs myself when making that comment, because I know that proportionality can vary accordingly with differing styles. I probably just have adopted a style where the legs are longer than normal or something. About the hair, I'm not sure what you're going for, but in the polykarbon tutorial I looked at, they said that hair usually has sort of a "halo" of light around it. I've used it quite a bit and I've found that generally it looks good, especially on girls. The site is http://www.polykarbon.com if you're interested.
Syreth

Previous Next

Return to Art Corner