The Peanuts-gumi and other assorted R. Zion art

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

The Peanuts-gumi and other assorted R. Zion art

Postby R. Zion » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:06 pm

Just a little doodle from an idea that popped into my head earlier (don't ask me how :sweat: )

Anyway...I'll post more once I get some good stuff and, of course, I find my sketchbook in my piles o' junk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R. Zion

Postby Aka-chan » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:15 pm

Haha! I like that idea; it's really funny. You've captured the Peanuts style quite well, and the "Lady Doctor" thing is a very nice touch to tie it all together. Nice job! ^__^
Aka-chan

Postby R. Zion » Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:51 pm

Another little sketch, my chibi expiramentation on Roger Smith.

I would like to color it or something eventually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R. Zion

Postby Retten » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:14 pm

ROFL now that was one awsome idea you had Zion truly brilliant ! :thumb:

formerly WhiteBlaze
Retten

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:53 pm

Hey...cool Peanuts drawing. I like when two totally different worlds converge (that's the right word right?). It reminds me of a Peanuts drawing I saw once with some Trigun characters :lol:

Roger looks like he could be the main character in some wacky spinoff. Don't take that as an insult, I do like it :sweat:

"DOROTHY!!!" :mutter: *laughter in audience*
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby Ssjjvash » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:18 pm

XD Oh, my!! I love it!!!! That is soooo clever! and you did a good job on both pictures.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby R. Zion » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:51 pm

"I LOVE ROGER"

starring...

Roger Smith
R. Dorothy Wayneright
Norman Burg

and

Beck Gold as the Neighbor

----------------------------

After a long day's negotiating, Roger arrives home to his small apartment in downtown Paradigm, outside the dome. Handing his tie to Norman, as per usual, he walks over to his desk to do some paperwork but notices that his things are rearranged.

Roger: Doroshiiii! You've got some 'splainin' to doooo!

*cue audience laughter*

Dorothy walks out of the kitchen, wearing her maid's outfit and covered in soot.

Dorothy: Can you not come home and be glad I cleaned.

Roger: But you touched...my desk! Isn't it a household rule that you NEVER touch my desk.

Dorothy turns and heads back into the kitchen.

Dorothy: You are a louse, Roger Smith. I'm going to go finish dinner.

Roger: R. DOROTHY WAYNERIGHT!

Norman, still standing beside the door, looks on concerned.

Norman: Oh dear!

*cue audience laughter*

Without warning, Beck slams the door open and slides in, ala' Kramer.

Beck: Hey there, Crow Boy.

Roger: Beck! Get outa my house!

Beck walks over, wraps his arm around Roger's shoulder and walks him into the living room.

Beck: Hey, listen Roger, calm down. I'm only here to see if I can scrounge some food and a few bucks....maybeeeee borrow the Megadeus.

Sigh, Roger holds his head in his hands.

*Cue audience laughter and fade to black*
R. Zion

Postby Golden_Griff » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:52 pm

Lol, you beat me to it R. Zion. I wanted to write that up :P

Ooo I know, I can draw a scene! Maybe we could work together on that?

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Postby R. Zion » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:30 pm

I smell an emmy, my friend! Or a law suit! ^_^
R. Zion

Postby R. Zion » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:36 pm

Here is something I just did, a picture of a character from a Star Wars fanfic I'm working on, taking place in the Galactic Civil War between episodes IV and V. This character's name is Sillek, a Quarren mercenary, swordsman, gunman, and veteran of the Clone Wars from the side of the Confederates. He is currently working the Duro mercenary Marikk Danar as a member of Marrikk's Mercs. Aboard their groups ship, the Nova Hound, he serves as unofficial chief of security and is the Forward Weapons Operator. Few amongst the crew know of his full past or his age (he's actually 63). This solitary white-skinned, blue-eyed Quarren fights with a special built vibro-blade and a modified republic blaster.

PS- If anyone is by chance interested in coloring this, give me a PM.
R. Zion

Postby R. Zion » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:15 pm

Next, I present to you Marikk Danar, the Duro head of Marikk's Mercs and captain of the Nova Hound, a highly modified Republic Cruiser (as seen in the very beginning of Episode One). Usually quite amiable, he can be quite a handful when angered and is a halfway decent gunfighter. He has formed his crewfrom various associates he has made during his travels throughout the galaxy and thinks he has formed one of the best crews in the galaxy. Marikk thinks himself quite the ladies' man, though he is quite the contrary.

Any feedback on these pics and or bios would be great, senors and senioras. This on was actually kind of tough for me because I, like many, abhor doing hands, especially trying to emulate the pose I was going for.
R. Zion

Postby R. Zion » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:32 pm

Yup yup, here's character number 3, Naemi Arwo.

A master thief, this provocative young Zeltron, a near human species with magenta skin and violet hair with great hedonistic tendancies, is a thrill-chaser and always looking for the next big job to get her adrenaline pumping. She often crosses paths with Marikk and his crew, and the two seem to have somewhat of a flirtatious demeanor towards each other,
though no solid romantic relationship has taken hold, to Marikk's chagrin. She often uses her charms and good looks to get what she wants and can seemingly manipulate her way out of any sticky situation. Naemi also has mastered many galactic languages, a testament to her life abroad and her tenacity to score the big prize.
R. Zion

Postby Golden_Griff » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:59 pm

Lol, Marikk makes me think of Kib (sp?) from Futurama :lol: Hmm...the lady looks terribly friendly, or am I misunderstanding the concept of things? :eh:

Gosh, all of this sci-fi talk is kinda making my head hurt :stressed:...give us more Peanuts! :lol: Big O material will do too :eyeroll:

Golden_Griff

Postby R. Zion » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:16 pm

Crowd: Wow...he's actually posting more artwork. :wow!:

Zion: Yeah! :mutter: Don't act so amazed!

*clears throat*

Ahem....anyway, where was I....ah, yes! Hello! :sweat:

Today I bring you an assortment of artwork from many months past. I hope you all enjoy! Anyway, without further ado:

1. This was a mobile suit I had designed back when I was plotting a Gundam series based around Revelation. Needless to say, the story nolonger remains, but the picture does. It's the oldest of the bunch and a bit smeared. Sorry! :grin:

2. One of my first real expiraments with Chibi-style. Of course it would be of the Big O. ^_^ Think I like Griff's Chibi Big Os better.

3. A Quarren Jedi I designed using Genndy Tartar...whatever's art from the Clone Wars series.

4. A Republic Falleen General and his clonetroopers. Another Clone Wars-inspired piece. I based the General's uniform off the design for the Imperial uniform from the Original Trilogy.

5. My attempt at the Reflections era Sanosuke drawn in anime style. This was my 5th attempt. :sweat:
R. Zion

Postby R. Zion » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:19 pm

6. This drawing comes from my days when I was casting a live action Big O movie. Here we see Alan Gabriel as portrayed by Jude Law.

7. Finally, my most recent picture.... my practice sketch for a Christmas picture I wanted to do of the Teen Titans. Present is Santa Cy, Mrs. Starfire Claus, Beast Boy the green skinned reigndeer, Elf Robin, Elf Terra, and the ever reluctant Elf Raven.
R. Zion

Postby Golden_Griff » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:49 pm

*completely ignores the sci-fi stuff and takes a look at the Big O art*

Hmm...

Ooo I like the chibi-Beck. They both look like dolls :)

Whoa. The gundam is super! :thumb: Those mechas intimidate me though; they look too difficult to draw! :eh:

Hmm, Alan Gabriel. What a coincidence. I was working on something involving Alan last night. :stressed:

Golden_Griff

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Jan 03, 2005 2:55 pm

your pictures are most excellent!!

I love the new one--the Christmas one--you did a great job!!
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:10 am

I was looking at the thread's inagural picture, and just now noticed the Yahikou/Woodstock. That's brilliant.

Rai
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Mave » Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:11 am

wow...mecha and chibis. I think you do a very nice job with both including the Teen Titans. ^__^
Mave

Postby R. Zion » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:55 pm

R. Zion

Return to Art Corner