Esoteric's first exhibition...

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Esoteric's first exhibition...

Postby Esoteric » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:14 am

All right, when i asked about ink pens, I think it was psycho_ann who said I should put up some art. This is my first time adding attachments so I hope I do it right.

The first image is typical of my inking style. I used a crowquill, but the results would have been similar with a ballpoint or Sakura.

The second image is a rough sketch. Graphite and ballpoint pen. Most of my drawings and doodles only reach this level of finish.

Lastly, I attatched 2 of 16 images I made for a children's book project (that i've never finished). They were done in graphite with frisket and a special cottonswab/tape-jutsu for shading.

I also create digital artwork, but I won't post those in this thread.

As you can see, my technics aren't very manga-ish, more classical. But I would like to improve in both styles, so suggestions are welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:17 am

nice job! the last pic is really cool...o.O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby shooraijin » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:29 pm

Yes, it is! The shading is particularly effective. If that's your rough, I'd love to see your final draft. ^^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby panegryst » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:51 pm

these are really good
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby Esoteric » Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:54 am

Thankx guys. For the book project they started off just being the mockups you would submit to a publisher. However, my teacher said they were so nice already, that I should experiment with colorizing them in Photoshop.
That's the stage I never finished. I got frustrated because my monitor isn't calibrated and the colors would print differently. Then my printer broke and well...*threw hands up in the air and walked away*.

But here, i'll throw in a few more...some colored ones.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Esoteric

Postby Angelchick » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:41 am

wow, those look really good. i can't believe you did them.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Archan » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:12 pm

It's all so, beautiful, *Wipes tear from eye*

Seriously though, it's great, just great. When I first saw the pencil roughs you did my first thought was woah, this should be in a childrens book. Then I read your posts to confirm it was for a chilrenes book, so you did a great job with those. Also, your warrior and such are never nice as well. I'm just happy to see another accomplished pencil artist, have your worked with any other mediums?

Also, I was curious to see if you where going to post any art being I noticed your avatar go through stages of completement, from rough to pencil sketch to the present colorized version, that was very neat.

Anwyas, love the work, hope to see more,
God Bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Postby Esoteric » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:40 pm

Thank you, Archan, I really appreciate your interest! I've seen some of your artwork as well and was quite amazed. Yes, I did make my own avatar with the help of Photoshop, glad you noticed!

I'm just happy to see another accomplished pencil artist, have your worked with any other mediums?

I do primarily use ink and pencil, but I have dabbled with markers, colored pencils and watercolor. Mostly however, when I want something in color, I scan it into Photoshop and 'paint' it there. I will definitely try to post more. Thanks again.
Esoteric

Postby Jaltus-bot » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:24 am

Those are really good. I really like the subject of the first and the last is so cute. i like it. :)
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:20 pm

*gets up nerve* All right. Being an invtroverted artist, I tend to cringe at posting my work for 'strangers' to see, but here is some more rare Esoteric artwork.

First one is a sketch. I had watched Jin-Roh the night before...
Second one is also a sketch inspired by a recently acquired puppy...
The third piece was made in photoshop, specifically for my avatar...
Fourth and final is a character in a story I'm working on, (dial-up beware, it's kinda big)...
Esoteric

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:16 am

I like the design on the Jin Roh-esque charachter. Reminds me of concept art for a game or somthing.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:57 am

You sir, are a genius! Great work man. Your an inspiration to all us rookie artists (like me!)
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:12 pm

anonymous wrote:awsome stuff!! :thumb:
...i cant really critique this stuff.... good job!
...well i can kind of nitpick the first picture. the eye looks off, but if drawn as manga style that would count as just a style thing. and the mouth seems slightly large, but again that -could- be style. and if i nitpick really closely the tip of that index finger looks twisted at an odd angle.

and you draw animals better than me!! *o* i used to draw animals soo well... but then i stopped when i started anime/manga style people. and now my "eyeballing stuff standard of excellence for my own art" has improved so much and i havent practiced animals for soo long that i dont draw animals anymore except in a simplified form for fear of how bad it will turn out....

and you can shade really really well!! *o*

and you cand do major perspective stuff!!! *o*

and you can color stuff! and you have PhotoShop!! *o*

....and i'll shut up now... >_> :P

Your response made me laugh so hard, it's great! :hug:

Yeah, I have some problems with anatomy, mostly because I do all of my work without reference. Every now and then I'll get frustrated and snap a picture of a hand or foot in perspective to use, but basically I'm learning by trial and error.

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:You sir, are a genius! Great work man. Your an inspiration to all us rookie artists (like me!)

Thank you, thank you. I'm actually a girl, but that's all right. I am flattered by your comments, as well as others. I shall try hard to post again soon.
Esoteric

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:35 pm

Sorry! I actually didn't know if you were a girl or a guy but I have a bad habit of using the word 'man' as in 'that's cool man' or whatever, and no I'm not a homeboy! LOL
I also use the word 'sir' not in reference to gender or anything. Its something wierd I know, but that's me. Sorry about that!
I'll be looking forward to the rest of your work!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Mave » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:06 pm

WOW. That's really cool, Esoteric! :thumb: Ehh....I don't really have any constructive criticisms, they're really cool! May you'll use your talent for the glory of God! XD XD
Mave

Postby Esoteric » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:01 pm

This will be the last time I post artwork in this First Exhibition thread. I'm super busy with work and this thread will likely be long dead by the time I can post more. Two rough sketches, that's all I had time for. Well, (digs around on hard drive) I guess I'll throw in this photoshop one too...did it a looong time ago, but it's still one of my best Photoshop drawings
Esoteric

Postby Syreth » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:23 pm

I would like to commend you for your mad skill. I am thoroughly amazed. I would like to echo Mave's exhortation to use this gift that you have to the glory of God.
Syreth

Postby Esoteric » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:42 am

anonymous wrote:^_^ *quietly snatches teh piccys* ^_^

*Gasps* AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

hehehe, JK. I don't mind if you 'borrow' them for wallpaper or inspiriation. Just don't sell 'em. :evil:
Esoteric

Postby girlninja » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:00 am

Esoteric wrote:*Gasps* AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

hehehe, JK. I don't mind if you 'borrow' them for wallpaper or inspiriation. Just don't sell 'em. :evil:

*slaps you silly until you come to your senses repeatedly* *SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP* LOL *Hugs just kidding ......tho i still think you deserve it for calling yourself a bad artist.......*slap* don't make me kung-fu you *Wink heh awesome awesome awesome pics bro ^_^ *claps and bows to your skill* anata sugoi yo. ^^ translation: YOUR GREAT!!!

/smile keep it up please ^^ i can learn from you ^_^ i'm now your little grasshopper ^_^ *wink :thumb: :lol: :hug:

off teh subject i just saw this...does this disturbe anyone else but me????? :lickbash: :eyebrow:
"If not now then when? If not me then who?-anonymous

and of course now i must instill the Dancing BANANA'S!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

WHY AM I CRYING IN FRENCH-Vash the Stampede

ORORORORORO!-Himura Kenshin

:jump: :lol: :thumb:

"It is not weak to value human life!"-Raiden, Mortal Combat II

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

*ADOPTED BY* ..yea i know scary I got a adopted ~_^

Nami
girlninja

Postby olorc » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:28 pm

I'm flabergasted at the quality of your work. What do you plan to do with such mad skills in illustration? You mentioned childrens books...is that what you are thinking of heading into?
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby Esoteric » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:45 pm

olorc wrote:I'm flabergasted at the quality of your work. What do you plan to do with such mad skills in illustration? You mentioned childrens books...is that what you are thinking of heading into?

*blushes at compliment* Yes, that's something I'd like to do. I enjoy writing as well, so i'd ultimately like to write and illustrate childrens' stories. But whether or not I can get my act together and tackle such a monumental ambition is well...currently unknown. For now, I just practice. :sweat:
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:18 pm

Well, your "practice" is better than most people (*couch* mine *cough*) best works. :);)
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
olorc

Postby Golden_Griff » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:24 pm

Hmm :eyebrow:...me likeys! :grin: Very nice stuff here dude :thumb: Cool backgrounds too.
My art album! (Click Here!) :cool:

Proud member of P.W.M.O.U.W.I.A.T.M.A. : People Who Make Odd and Ugly Words In an Attempt To Make Acronymns.

"You don't have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great."--Joe Sabah
Golden_Griff

Return to Art Corner