Critique Olorc's Art Here. Woot! Come see!

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

Critique Olorc's Art Here. Woot! Come see!

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:01 pm

Hello, thanks for checking out my art, please give me some feedback. This is where I'll be putting all my art for the time being that I want critiqued or commented on. Thanks. Tell me what you think. :hits_self :eh:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Run the race so as not to be disqualified from the prize.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby ally-san » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:05 pm

the first one is very good. it looks like he's coming out of the wall towards me :wow!: good effect and color job.
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:08 pm

Thanks, by the way i pmed you.
Did you do your avatar yourself?
Any comments on the others?
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
olorc

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:20 pm

Here's more of my stuff that was on my computer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
olorc

Postby olorc » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:22 pm

Again, more art, please critique it. :brow:
olorc

Postby b0redx3 » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:04 pm

the first one is really kewl, nice job! hm.. the second one u hid all the hands!!! face the deadly anatomy.. give ur characters hands =b hehe
well looking over the rest of them... the hand stands out alot! From the thumbnail, u did a great job on it! =]
the third one dont' seem loose. He looks stiff and don't have the apparent of falling.
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Ssjjvash » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:00 am

Sorry, but I don't critique stuff well at all! I can barely draw, so I don't know.
Um, I like your pictures though!! They are all amazing! My favs are the hand in the 3rd one and the dude falling in the 1st one.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby olorc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:39 am

b0redx3 wrote:the third one dont' seem loose. He looks stiff and don't have the apparent of falling.

Thanks for the imput. Any suggestion as to how I could give him a more lose feeling?
olorc

Postby olorc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:20 am

Here's some stuff I did last night (the girl) and then this morning while watchnig Fellowship of the Ring:jump: again. :hits_self
I tried to use the hatching technique on the portraits. They came out mostly like I wanted them too, but I haven't really been trained at all in hatching so please tell me what you think of it. Get reallly picky :?: cause I want to get it right.
olorc

Postby olorc » Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:27 pm

Actually, sorta, but at the same time, that's a lot of work. PM me for more info.
olorc

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:01 am

The falling guy I did last night and it took me forever :bang: to try and get those stupid legs to look half decent. I still don't think I got it.
The monster guy was actually my first ever attempt at markers. What do you guys think?
the other 3 are ones that I had on my first art thread so that people on have to go to one thread to see me stuff.
Thins guy gets me every time :dance:
olorc

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:03 am

Nice.
Is the second one a Namek? Okay, I'm being silly. I luv Nameks! Specifically Piccolo.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:07 am

haha. Ya Piccolo is my fav. DBZ char., but no, that is not a namek ;)

Here are the other 3 pics from "Someone please critque my art!" thread that i also had going. :eyeroll:
olorc

Postby Scribs » Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:10 pm

When I look at the Man who is not a namek I get the impression that his mouth is melting together in the middle. Like in the Matrix! :thumb:
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby ally-san » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:27 pm

did i draw my avatar? is that what u mean? cuz if u did then yea i drew it. its not very good i just whipped it up cuz i wanted to have a personalized avatar!
anyways u should write a story for me cuz i've been trying to get a manga together so that'd be cool!
about ur drawings: good job on bilbo :thumb:
like i said before u do really good w/ shading. hmmm wait i'm going to look at all ur drawings again. its hard to critique!
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every moment I'm awake
ally-san

Postby ally-san » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:43 pm

yea on one w/ the guy reaching toward the sky the perspective is good. i also like the hand drawing-its really good practice to draw hands over and over again cuz its one of the most complicated things to draw so keep doing that and u'll be a pro at doing it. drawing hands is most people's weakness. the how to draw manga books r really good and help a lot so check em out or keep at it if u already know what i'm talking about ;)

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every moment I'm awake
ally-san

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:02 pm

piloswine wrote:When I look at the Man who is not a namek I get the impression that his mouth is melting together in the middle. Like in the Matrix! :thumb:

Well, He's sorta giving a look of confusion, not having him mouth melted together by agent smith, but thanks for the...erm. :bootout: ..feedback piloswine. By the way, where did you get that name? I like it a lot. :lol:

Ally-san: what did you say about the manga story thing, I think I didn't quite understand you there. PM me.
olorc

Postby ally-san » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:11 pm

uh which part????
o i wanted to start my own manga but i need someone to write for me so i was wondering if u wanted to ;)

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every moment I'm awake
ally-san

Postby olorc » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:15 pm

Sweet deal!! Ya I'ld be honored.
Could anyone tell me if the legs of the guy falling/reaching up look real or akward. first impressions here.
olorc

Postby Vash is a plant » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Wow! I really like the first one with the guy that looks as if he's falling and has his hand up. I love it! Good job!
"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13 :thumb:
:dance: :jump: :hug: :comp: :poke: :drool:
I have a Deviant Art! http://keiko-mukisune.deviantart.com/
Vash is a plant

Postby Scribs » Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:07 pm

olorc wrote:Well, He's sorta giving a look of confusion, not having him mouth melted together by agent smith, but thanks for the...erm. :bootout: ..feedback piloswine. By the way, where did you get that name? I like it a lot. :lol:

Well excuse Me for breathing!

The name Piloswine Is from back when I was into Pokemon. It was a big ICE-PIG thing. It was my favorite. Well that was 2 or 3 years ago but eversince I have just continued to use it as a username on the internet because I Didn't want't to bother coming up with another one. and also It is easy to remember.
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby b0redx3 » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:53 pm

olorc wrote:Thanks for the imput. Any suggestion as to how I could give him a more lose feeling?

well.. try to imagine someone or even yourself falling.. gravity brings both of ur legs down.. so they don't bent like they do on ur drawing...
when i imagine myself falling i think my hands would more likely to reach the top than one hand reaching it..
that's just what i think.. but maybe u imagine falling differently.. ^__^;; heh..
"Hopeless romantics are the idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative, and the fanciful. They give the world its once-upon-a-times and happily-ever-afters. Hopeless romantics may have their feet on the ground, but their souls fly somewhere over the rainbow."
b0redx3

Postby Esoteric » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:59 pm

Cool pics, Olorc! Tthey look about like mine when I started taking life drawing classes, actually, alittle better than mine. :thumb: If you want your characters to look more relaxed/natural, work on rhythm lines.. that is, the body is one unit, everything is connected, effected by the position of the spine.

Let's see um, basically what i'm trying to say is, if you want a loose feel, arms, and legs, wrists, must bend and accordingly with the torso, as if a chain runs through every limb. What the shoulder is doing, effects what the hand is doing, etc. Does that make any sense, or am I babbling? My art teacher could say it way better. :sweat:
Esoteric

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 am

piloswine wrote:Well excuse Me for breathing!

Umm, because this is the internet it's hard to tell if you're really offended. I was just trying to be light and funny :sweat: with the whole mouth melting response, but if you took it as something else, sorry :( . If it's any consolation, you kicked my butt at asteriods the other day :poke: .

Esoteric, thanks, ya I think I kinda get what you mean. Sorta like if one part moves it pulls the rest of the body a certain way. I'll play around with that idea.
olorc

Postby Scribs » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:21 am

Just for the record that was meerly a sarcastic comment not ment to offend or give the impression of offence.

No offence was really taken on my part and I hope that the feeling of not taking offence was reciprocal. ;)
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby olorc » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:26 am

Sw33t!! by the way, I like your avatar, how did you achieve such a high level of quality and technique? ;) You would have fun in the avatar caption game thread i think.
olorc

more art :)

Postby olorc » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:30 am

here's some more of my art that has built up.
Some is good, some is not but feedback would be helpful.
olorc

Postby ally-san » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:12 pm

yay ollie u put up some new drawings! :)
the composition on the hand in the second drawing is good. whats the first drawing of tho?
whos your new avatar he looks familiar but i cant figure out who he is

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every moment I'm awake
ally-san

Postby Mave » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:17 pm

Heyolorc, do tell us what the drawings are for or are about. I only draw anime/manga style so when it comes to art that's something else, I'm not sure what to say.

But just by looking at it, I'd say that I think they're good for whatever they were intended for. ^__^
Mave

Postby olorc » Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:01 am

they were just drawn as a way to put my thoughts/images in my head into a tangeble form. The first one is the outline a boy with a beany hat on. (Just so you know)
Here's more art. I installed Linux (Mepis) on an old Compaq presario i have. Linus is soooo sweet. The GIMP is basically Photoshop just....FOR FREE :rock: :dance: :hits_self :thumb:
olorc

Next

Return to Art Corner