drawing

Upload your work in this forum for others to comment on.

drawing

Postby One and Only » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:10 pm

no clue where to put this... i could not post in the gallery since i dont have a scanner... i need advice on drawing aniem... especially female characters
One and Only

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:21 pm

What do you mean?
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby One and Only » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:23 pm

basically how did you guys learn to draw like you did (some of the drawing are better than some animes i have seen) also what do you guys use?
One and Only

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:25 pm

Well, I can't draw at all, lol. So, I guess I can't really help you there.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby inkhana » Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:39 pm

Moving this to the Art Corner...:)

Have you been to howtodrawmanga.com? There are some tutorials there on drawing the female figure. If you don't mind spending a little cash, you could also spring for a manga drawing book...they have those in a wide variety of topics. Me, personally...I didn't start drawing anime, I drew realism for years beforehand, so my approach to manga style is very different...LOL The rules are basically the same though...you need to learn basic technique. I did this drawing fanart, starting by drawing copies of other people's art, and using what I learned from this to learn to draw my own style. (Don't let anyone tell you you can't learn to draw drawing fanart.) There's no magic key to any of it, unfortunately - it's just a lot of hard work and determination.

As far as what I use - acid-free sketchbook (always acid-free...it's worth the extra money), 2h pencil (#2/2b pencils are too dark), Wacom graphics tablet and Photoshop. Photoshop is your friend...:D

BOOSTER: Hey, No.1! Where's my cake?!
SNIFIT 1: Booster, Sir! There's a 70% chance the object you're standing on is a cake.
BOOSTER: What? THIS thing's a cake?

You have the power to say anything you want, so why not say something positive?
- Frank Capra

(in response to an interview question "Do you have a pet peeve having to do with this biz?")
People who write below their abilities in order to crank out tons of books and make a buck. Especially Christian authors who do that. Outsiders judge us for it, and make fun of us for it, and it makes Jesus look bad. We of all artists on earth should be the most concerned with doing our best possible work at all times. We of all people should write with all our hearts, as if writing for the Lord and not for men.
- Athol Dickson

Avatar by scarlethibiscus from LJ.
inkhana

Postby Angelchick » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:10 pm

howtodrawmanga.com is helping me and i have a gundam wing book that just has pictures in it that i use to try to figure out proportion and stuff and i do some fanart which i think helps a lot.

i use mechanical pencils, acid-free sketchbook or paper that you use for printing, sakura pens for inking, and for coloring i use copic markers and prisma color coloring pencils.
everywhere i go i can't escape your energy - Skillet

this isn't war, but these are still battles
and battles make it all die out - Dead Poetic

Sometimes I don't know
Where I am
Where I'll be - A Thorn For Every Heart
Angelchick

Postby Archan » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:16 pm

What do I use, mainly just a pencil and paper. No really, I do! :sweat:

What you might want to try to do though is some observation work, observe the female form and her features, try to understand what about the female form makes it female, and what features about the female face make it female.

If you have firends whom are of the oppisite sex, just ask them if you can draw a quick sketch of them, just a quck two to three minute sketch and just keep at it till eventually you can hit the major forms that make a woman look like a woman.

I'm not saying you need to ask them to do poses or anything, just draw them while they're eating lunch or talking or reading, everyday situations.

Like I said before in some other long buried thread, all anime is is a simplified version of the human form. Learn the human form first, and then you'll be able to simplify it.

Hope this helps some.
God bless,
Archan
1 Peter 5:10 "But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you."
Archan

Location: Hold on, "Baratta Klaatu Nikto" Now Currently fighting evil, saving puppies, that sort of

Return to Art Corner