Amusement Parks, amuseing or no?

Talk about anything in here.

Amusement Parks, amuseing or no?

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:12 pm

Hey everybody. Yesterday went to the local maine amusement park "Fun Town" with few other people, it was a great day, lots of fun. lots of yelling hooting holloring doing the nature boy rick flair thing with steve. My vocal coards are messed up from all the noise they produced. Now all the notes i can hit are bass. thats it. lol. anyway. I was just wondering if anybody liked parks, rides, anything like that. Do you get sick on rides? have other storys about amusement parks? well if you do i'd certainly like to hear about it.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Stephen » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:17 pm

Cups hands over mouth, WOOOOOOOOOOOO. Heh just a little note here.

One ticket to park: 23 Dollars
One Ice cream cone: 2 Dollars
Hearing the guy behind you scream horrible words as he sees the first big drop off of the roller coaster: Priceless
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:23 pm

Rofl! Poor Steve...
I've been to Six Flags Astroworld more times than I can count. I love it...the food stinks though, so I never eat very much, but it's always a great thrill. It's where I saw my first Newsboys concert too.
The only ride I won't ride on is the Dungeon Drop: a 670 ft tower that brings you straight up and lets you freefall all the way down. O.O For the most part I like steel coasters better; the wooden ones still kinda shake me up a bit. The Texas Cyclone is the one exception to that.
Water rides...meh. Don't really like them much.
Ashley

Postby Spencer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 1:44 pm

Originally posted by Ashley

Water rides...meh. Don't really like them much.

::gasp::

Why not? water rides are fun! I went on this one huge red water slide, it was called The Big Kahuna. It was really big, and the long line didn't make it any better. Anyway, it was really fun.
:)
Spencer

Postby Shinja » Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:36 pm

im not a big amusment park guy, infact the only reason i go them is to ride the feris wheel and watch the rock concerts, and the ocational car show
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Straylight » Sun Jun 01, 2003 3:02 pm

I love amusement parks - there's one big one in the UK called "Alton Towers"

One of the best rides is called "Oblivion"

You get the idea
[align=center]
Banner above created using my avatar generator tool.
You know you want try it.
Straylight

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:17 pm

Hey Djnoz , that looks like quite the ride, love the name. Interesting design, never seen one with cars like that. The best roller coaster i've been on was in Massachusets , Six Flags. Its called the Superman. if i remember right it hits 75 but it was a few years ago so i dont remember exactly........ i should look it up

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Lightbringer

Postby Gypsy » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:56 pm

They have yet to build a ride that will keep me off (and I love the tower drops, btw, Ashley). However, a certain teacup ride gets me everytime - especially when 3 guys are spinning the inner wheel as fast as they can ...
But, I'm also not a huge water ride person. It's not the slides that get me - it's the water. There is something disgusting about splashing around in water that 500 other people have splashed around in.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:59 pm

Exactly what i think, its like a bacteria capachino , theirs sweat froth and everything. -SHUDDERS- man i hate water rides. anyway. Tea cups are fun but not when you havn't eaten all day, or when you just ate, either one. same effect. Man we had that thing going so fast its not even funny.

Lightbring // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Lightbringer

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:40 pm

Rides is scaaaary. ::shudder:: So I don't like amusement parks all that much. Since I'm so afraid to get on the roller coasters, all I do is walk walk walk walk in the heat. -_____-;
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

I love em

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:03 am

i started ridding roller coasters when I was in 5th grade... my first up side down ride was Viper. SO MUCH FUN! Now i can take like any ride. even Water rides @ any time. :) :D
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

Paper cranes are my friend... so is pastel stars

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby Gypsy » Mon Jun 02, 2003 1:16 pm

Ooh, I went on the Viper at the Great Escape in New York! Short ride, but very cool. The horizontal corkscrews are great fun.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby madphilb » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:48 pm

I used to be a big chicken when it comes to roller coasters, till a band trip in High School to Canada's Wonderland. I figured I shouldn't be out-done by a couple of kids who just met the height requirement for the ride... been a huge fan ever since (rode every coaster in the park at least once, most a couple of times.... even the "kiddy" one :D )

Sadly the last time I went anywhere, my friend from Virgina was down and we planned a trip to Busch Garden's Tampa Bay... I even called ahead to make sure that both of us wouldn't have any problems (we're both on the heavy side). My thought was that these rides pull up to 3g's at times, that's 3 times my weight. Quick math put that at over a half a ton for me alone (yes, that much, but you might not quite know it by looking at me, most people wouldn't put me at much over 250). Anyway, we went there knowing that there shouldn't be a problem with our size, paid to park the cars, paid to get into the park, and then got to the 1st coaster to ride it.

Stupid seats where too narrow! :bang:

We left the park with a refund for the entrance fee, and not anything else, not an apology or even our parking fee back!

We drove over to Orlando and visited the big Mouse him self (that's right, Mickey) and had a great time! (so the day wasn't completely ruined).

So, that's my sad story for tonight.

PHIL
madphilb

Postby Spencer » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:27 pm

Hey djnoz, im gonna be a sneaky copycat and post a picture...Hope you don't mind. ^^;;

Anyway, this is an awesome ride at AstroWorld, it's called Warp 2000, very fun, indeed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:)
Spencer

Postby Ashley » Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:32 pm

Hey! And right across from that is a nasty mexican cafe, Tidal Wave, and the green and yellow thing is the entrance to The Viper. I've been to Astroworld moretimes than I can count.
Ashley

Postby BrianC » Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:51 pm

I have a Six Flags near me that used to be called Adventure World. Ever since it became Six Flags, they kept adding new rides to it and it's more fun than it has been a few years ago, despite some poor service in some of the eating places there (one reason I rather go to other parks).

I have been to Six Flags Over Texas (I have some relatives in Texas and Six Flags isn't too far from where they live) a few years ago and I loved it. I remember riding on the Mr. Freeze one year. That coster was awesome. It has a large drop straight down and it goes backwards. It rocks! I also loved the Texas Giant.
"Your sense of fashion, Roger, really reeks"-Dorothy, Big O
BrianC

Return to General