Not long before I meet my new service dog!

Talk about anything in here.

Not long before I meet my new service dog!

Postby Sheenar » Wed May 13, 2015 5:07 pm

One of these dogs is my new service dog! :D

I fly out in 13 days to attend Team Training --and get to meet my dog the day after I arrive!

*cue excited flailing*
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Not long before I meet my new service dog!

Postby Okami » Thu May 14, 2015 8:28 pm

SO very excited for you, Sheena!!! :D
Okami

Postby Sheenar » Sat May 16, 2015 5:51 am

10 days!! :D

I've got a LOT to do to prepare. I'm doing a dry run today to see if I can pack everything in a carry-on --cause paying $25 each way to check a bag is lame. I looked up videos on Youtube and found one by a guy who packed an insane amount of clothing and stuff in one using a fancy folding method --going to give that a try. XD
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Banana Lobster » Sat May 16, 2015 5:56 pm

I saw on a show that rolling up your clothes is works better than folding them, at least, I think it was that rolling them up worked better than folding. But it's been a while since I saw it, so I'm not entirely sure.... ^^''
Banana Lobster

Postby DaughterOfZion » Sat May 16, 2015 8:00 pm

Banana Lobster wrote:I saw on a show that rolling up your clothes is works better than folding them, at least, I think it was that rolling them up worked better than folding. But it's been a while since I saw it, so I'm not entirely sure.... ^^''

I pack that way all the time, I find it a lot easier. I'm pretty sure I can fit more into a suitcase that way, but I've not paid enough attention to be sure

Are the dogs already assigned to people or do they see what the best matches are?
DaughterOfZion

Postby Kaori » Sun May 17, 2015 10:58 am

That's wonderful, Sheenar! I had seen the update on your page that you had raised enough to be able to go to this team training, and I was wondering when you were going to share the news with CAA. :)
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 18, 2015 12:43 am

The dogs are already matched with the people they are going to. :)

And thank you, Kaori! I am excited!! :)

I got an email from the program with a list of the commands my dog knows --and that I'm to study them as there will be a test. Some are the same as what my last dogs knew, but there are some different ones.

And, thanks, Banana Lobster --I will try rolling clothes if the fancy folding method doesn't work well for me. :)

Sheenar

Postby PLCDreamcatcher14 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:09 am

Congratz! And they're all so pretty! Good luck on the test too! :D
'What one does not understand one fears. What one fears, one destroys.' -Native American Indian Proverb
"Man: What surprises you most about mankind? God: That they get bored with childhood, they rush to grow up, and then long to be children again. That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health. That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live in neither the present nor the future. That they live as though they will never die and die as though they never lived."
"God expects spiritual fruit not religious nuts."

PLCDreamcatcher14

Postby ClaecElric4God » Mon May 18, 2015 9:54 am

Congrats, Sheena!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 am

I leave tomorrow morning to fly to Team Training! :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Tue May 26, 2015 11:01 am

Has been quite an adventure so far! Really bad storms last night. Sirens at the Houston airport, a delayed flight and a missed connection. Currently hanging out in the Denver airport waiting for the next flight to Lincoln at about 2:30.

Training doesn't start until tomorrow morning, so we're not that worried about it. Nice to have some chill time. Had some Starbucks and enjoying a very nice view out the window. :)

Sheenar

Postby Sheenar » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Just finished day 8 of team training! I have been matched with a black Lab named Zeus. He and I are beginning to work more smoothly together as a team. He is such a sweet dog and is so good at many things!

Meet Zeus! :)

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:56 am

Aaaaaawwww, a black lab! I am so happy for you, Sheena! That's awesome! *flails excitedly*
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Postby Xeno » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:49 am

There haven't been any updates in here recently, hope everything went good with Zeus.
Xeno

Postby Sheenar » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I apologize for the lack of update!!

Zeus and I graduated from Domesti-PUPS on June 8 and became an official service dog team!!! We flew back to TX on June 9th and things are going pretty well! He is a wonderful, smart, sweet dog. And he has such a goofy and playful personality. And he loves to work and help me. One of his favorite things to do is bring me a bunch of random objects one by one. :)

He and Marzipan Anne are getting along well. They even took a nap together on his mat the other day. :)

I'm having ankle surgery tomorrow morning, so the past week has been really hectic. Zeus is currently being boarded until I get home from the hospital on Thursday.

I'll leave you guys with a picture taken by a professional photographer (who also has a service dog from Domesti-PUPS) --she did such a wonderful job!

Sheenar

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm

I know I've already congratulated you on this, but I wanted to say again, I'm so excited for you! Really glad this finally came through for you. God is good.

ClaecElric4God

Return to General