Rosario+Vampire ok to watch?

Talk about anything in here.

Rosario+Vampire ok to watch?

Postby Brad9D9 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Lately, I've been wondering if god wants me to watch this anime. I love this show with all the humor and the action and great characters, but one of the characters is a succubus and two are witches and even though they don't mention satan or demons in the show I wonder if it's wrong to be watching this show. I really hope I can still watch it cause I really love this show I've watched the whole series 3 times now and the thought of not watching it again makes me sad.
Brad9D9

Re: Rosario+Vampire ok to watch?

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm not going to pretend to know what god wants you to do, but I know I don't want you to watch this show, because its just awful. Hope that helps.
Xeno

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:47 pm

What God wants?

I think He would not like it. I mean, I suppose the general idea of the show is okay, but you've got to consider all that's included in it, the fan service particularly. Its ungodly, and the show is comprised entirely of it, particularly that episode with the swim team....

God made the human body beautiful, and the devil wants nothing more than to pervert the things of God. When something is deliberately designed to inspire anything resembling lust, then we should know that it's wrong.

I'm sorry, I watched it myself and I understand. The characters are kinda likeable, but I could not condone the constant...anatomy shots. Or the cursing. My opinion is, No. He would not want it.
Wolfsong

Postby ADXC » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:24 pm

I really don't think he minds too much about the content that we intake as so much as what comes out of us.
"There is nothing outside a person that by going into him can defile him, but the things that come out of a person are what defile him." (mark 7:15)

And to be fair, the list of things that God wants Christians to do seems very narrow. Outside of what he strictly wants you to do, there seems to be tons of grey area.

However, since I don't really see myself so much as a Christian anymore, I cannot really offer much advice concerning this so feel free to partake in whatever as long as it doesn't violate your own conscience (whatever that may be.) or the consciences of those around you as that can be hurtful to them.
ADXC

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:25 pm

If it's making you uncomfortable you should probably step away from it.

Also, hello. o_o/
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby KazeShiki » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:14 am

well I'm probably the only person in the world who could seriously say watching this show was a life changing decision that ultimately resulted in a very positive growth in my life, including spiritually. But that's a long story for a different time.

I think you need to really ask yourself why you enjoy watching this show so much and what is really making you feel guilty about it. I find it hard to believe the answers are great characterization and characters being a succubus and witch, respectively. Considering the amount of fan service in the show, I'd think most people would think about it, if only because it is so blatant and in your face.
"It was then that I found the darkness in my heart, but I wanted to become a strong person who didn't yield to such weakness." - Nana Mizuki
KazeShiki

Postby Mullet Death » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 am

I have not watched this particular show. Keeping that in mind, a few posts from posters I trust seem to indicate there is some pretty bad fan service going on within it. Some quick googling and rightstuf's 17+ rating of the title seems to indicate this show is in the same vein as Sekirei or some other incredibly awful and wordly fan service show that I have had the displeasure of watching. I try to take a "garbage in, garbage out" mentality with the consumption of art, so I will echo KazeShiki's position that you should give it some thought. Art can affect people differently, so it's partially up to you. If I were you, I wouldn't be bothered by the mere presence of witches and a succubus, but if said succubus and the other harem members are instilling the same lust within you that a real demon would attempt to do, then maybe you should "cut off your right hand," so to speak. You've already watched the show three times now, so why not at least "put it on the shelf" and ingest some clean anime for a little while?

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:03 am

KazeShiki wrote:well I'm probably the only person in the world who could seriously say watching this show was a life changing decision that ultimately resulted in a very positive growth in my life, including spiritually. But that's a long story for a different time.

I think you need to really ask yourself why you enjoy watching this show so much and what is really making you feel guilty about it. I find it hard to believe the answers are great characterization and characters being a succubus and witch, respectively. Considering the amount of fan service in the show, I'd think most people would think about it, if only because it is so blatant and in your face.

This is similar to what I was going to say. Personally, I don't have a problem with witches, succubi, etc. in stories, but everybody's convicted differently there so that's all a matter of where you feel convicted. I did watch the first season of the show and thought the characters and artwork were interesting enough. But echoing this post, my main problem was the amount of fanservice present. I would say that in that regard, it's a matter of how you personally feel convicted and/or struggle with lust. When I watched, I didn't feel convicted against it (though to be fair the fanservice didn't turn me on, it just annoyed me), but I know other people who would, and I believe their convictions should be respected as well.
mysngoeshere56

Return to General