April Fools’ Day 2015

Talk about anything in here.

April Fools’ Day 2015

Postby WorldsTraveler » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:51 pm

Time for ‘don’t believe anything you read on the internet’ day. The festivities should be starting soon. Google always gets an early start.

Anyway, this thread is to share the funny (and appropriate) jokes you find on the web. So relax for a bit while we wait for the time zones, and then get hunting! Let’s hope this is a fun year!

*First Edit: 5pm EST

Alright, everybody, go to Google Maps and click on Pac-Man in the lower left corner. Have fun! (It's hard to beat the levels in my city, but maybe you'll have better luck?)
WorldsTraveler

Re: April Fools’ Day 2015

Postby Xeno » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:26 pm

Well, that does it. Fire marshal came down and shouted, actually shouted at me because my awful, horrible desire to have outlets actually be conveniently placed, (that is, if I want to plug something in, I can do it no matter where in the house I'm standing, sitting, or working on a ladder) was "immediately endangering the lives" of my family - his words . So, he ordered us to do some rewiring. In some rooms, though, we're just gonna stuff in another layer of insulation and put the 'correct' wiring in over the top 

Failed ANOTHER inspection - Different fire marshal - SAME wiring. Call me paranoid but I can't imagine that two completely different fire marshals, from competely different government bodies (the city and the state police), would just randomly come to the same conclusion about such a clever wiring setup. I pointed out that Id already purchased and installed over 180 outlets over the course of the project, so I probably knew what I was doing by now. And anyway, I could have every outlet-capable thing I own plugged in, on, and running, and it wouldn't even take up a quarter of them. I told the Marshal how much I wanted them but he shook his head sadly and said, "Grover, you need to choose a few outlets, and you need to take the rest away. You can't have them all, it's dangerous, you could burn your house down and you don't want to die in a terrible fire? Do you? That's why we need you to take the wires out, Grover, so you don't hurt yourself and your family." I swore up and down that I'd do the work, and not just try to fool him with a new fake-wiring setup like I did the other guy, but now that he's walked out the door - I kind of feel like just leaving it, and then start dodging inspections until after I get licensed up myself
Xeno

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:40 pm

So I've tried a few pac man games, and now I'm looking for funny or crazy locations.

Tried Tokyo so far, which as difficult. Also tried Trafalger sq. in London with tha game centered on the traffic circle, not easy either. For extra challange though, find a really really big parking lot.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Okami » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:00 pm

Android Google Chrome has "#ChromeSelfie", which allows you to take a picture with a social media site (not sure what qualifies there - it came up as I was on a forum)...

OH! Looks like there is also a 'share a reaction' button in the menu, so I guess you could post a selfie from anywhere....oh boy. :dizzy:
Okami

Postby Midori » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:02 am

This year's official CAA April Fools joke is so devious, you might not even notice it. Good luck!
Midori

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby MomentOfInertia » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:35 pm

Jingo Jaden wrote:http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/32990079093525866/B988629A0313DC1EC412A12A59A1D1B5F2BCD706/

Warthunder wins.

...Yeah. That's the best I've seen.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:20 pm

Ante Bellum

Postby Furen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:13 pm

Though it wasn't really a... Joke, it was still educational, but Vsauce3 on youtube did a paradox video, and it was really well done. It was made with the intent of April Fools though, so it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UqYfaxOJOg
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Return to General