Fly Me To The Moon

Talk about anything in here.

Fly Me To The Moon

Postby ashfire » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:26 pm

I was just reading and seen a video news item on NHK., A group of researchers and engineers called HAKUTO want to recreate a scene from Neon Genesis Evangelion. They plan to collect $850,000.00 in donations to have a unmanned rocket carry and launch a 24 centimeter long replica of The Spear Of Longinus into the surface of the Moon. This will be recorded on video and transmitted to Earth. Donations will be collected on internet up to April 5th.
ashfire

Re: Fly Me To The Moon

Postby ClosetOtaku » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Ah, I see. They are piggybacking with a US flight next year. I was thinking that $850 K developing your own rocket wouldn't get you to LEO, let alone a lunar trajectory. I wish them luck. If someone can raise $5 million for a silly card game about exploding cats, there's no reason someone else can't get folks to cough up dough for... well... poking the moon with a fancy meat fork.
ClosetOtaku

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 pm

Wow. Thats...just wow. Humanity, what are you doing?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Xeno » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:Wow. Thats...just wow. Humanity, what are you doing?

Stabbing the moon. That's what it's doing.

I, for one, support this endeavor.

Should be considerably larger than 24cm though. That's not even a foot in length, and the Lance of Longinus is quite large.
Xeno

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Too bad we don't have a giant robot we could use to huck a lance to the moon instead of having to go through that rocket rigamarole for the fake one.
Davidizer13

Postby Psycho Molos » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:48 am

Xeno wrote:the Lance of Longinus is quite large.

Yeah that's what she said ;-)
Psycho Molos

Postby ashfire » Sun May 24, 2015 6:29 pm

I understand the group that was forming this venture never got enough money to have this done.
ashfire

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri May 29, 2015 9:57 am

Wow, that's....surprising?
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Return to General