Canadian Thanksgiving

Talk about anything in here.

Canadian Thanksgiving

Postby Furen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:10 am

Because you know that one of us Canadians are going to post this at some point.

So what are you all thankful for?
(Yes, even you not Canadians, you can be thankful now as well, and we'll maybe return that favour... favor* just for you in November :) )
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Re: Canadian Thanksgiving

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:00 pm

I'm thankful for Canadians.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Psycho Molos » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:46 pm

Me too. They're easy to make fun of! :P

And they're nice people
Psycho Molos

Postby Furen » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:43 pm

Those silly Canadians :) I make fun of them all the time!

But umm... I'm thankful for:
Well... as my most recent thread (other than like.... this one) has proven that I'm thankful for CAA
My friends
My love for God
Comic books

Clearly that's in no particular order. I'm sure there's something else :/ (obligatory family thankfulness)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:37 pm

So it turns out that today my pastor was talking about being thankful (on the Sunday before Thanksgiving here... shocking :O )

So he told everyone in the congregation to take out a piece of paper, and we'd be able to fill up more than one whole piece of paper if we actually count our blessings. Even if we can't do it today.

That being said, is there no one that want's to give even one thankful thought (Other than Cece and Molos)
Furen

Postby Crossfire » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, the Liberals, NDP, or Green Party don't hold a majority government right now. So I guess that's one thing to be thankful for.

Semi-joking aside, I think the two things that I'm most thankful for this year are having a loving and supportive family, and a roof over my head along with food to eat. Had a bit of an eye-opening after speaking with a few friends a while back.
Crossfire

Postby Psycho Molos » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:41 pm

Would Canadian food have the u after the first o, the secound or bouth? Lol
Psycho Molos

Postby Furen » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Psycho Molos wrote:Would Canadian food have the u after the first o, the secound or bouth? Lol

yes.... Yes it does, and fouod is delicious!
Furen

Postby Anirac » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:15 am

Thankful for life!
Anirac

Postby Mullet Death » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Thankful for: new opportunities to learn; getting by one day at a time; little gifts and pleasures; church and singing even when you're terrible; the burden of freedom.

I Am Mullet Death, Undisputed Ruler of the Mole and Crab People! Fear me!
Mullet Death

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:10 am

Thankful for strange happenings, and fun moments.
Furen

Postby Sheenar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:04 pm

Thankful to be alive, to have supportive and loving friends, to have my Marzipan Anne, for my aide, for dark chocolate, for sweet potatoes, for a loving church family --I could keep going. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General