What is the indoor temperature in your home?

Talk about anything in here.

What is the indoor temperature in your home?

Postby Kaori » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Since I moved back to the US from Japan, one difference that has been on my mind a lot is indoor temperatures; in sub-tropical Okinawa, we were not supposed to turn the classroom A/C any lower than 25 C (77 F) and would often have it as high as 27 C (80.6 F). Overall, warmer indoor temperatures are more or less the norm in Japan, although in the winter indoor temperatures can be a lot colder than is normal in the US because of the lack of central heating (it depends a lot on the building and where in Japan it is).

So, thinking about this made me curious about what temperatures other people heat/cool their homes to. Maximums and minimums, unless you keep it the same year-round, and if you live in a country other than the US, please say where you are because I am curious about the differences between the US and other countries.

Here are mine:

Summer: 78 F (25.5 C) because after living in a subtropical climate for several years this is comfortable for me.
Winter: 68 F (20 C) is the lowest I've found to be bearable so far, though I'm hoping that as I get used the cooler weather I can start to tolerate indoor temperatures lower than this.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Re: What is the indoor temperature in your home?

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:53 pm

75/65 seems to work best for us.
ClosetOtaku

Postby drill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm really picky about temperature changes and usually try to keep it around 68-72 F, despite not having central air. 63 and 80 are around the min and max for winter and summer respectively.
drill

Postby FourFourSeven » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:11 pm

As someone who loves cold weather, not low enough.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

"Why can't EVERYTHING be rocket propelled?!"
-Mattias Nilsson, Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
FourFourSeven

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:42 am

We don't run air conditioning in my house (and I'm pretty sure we have it, too, just never use it). If it's hot out we open doors and windows, run fans, and if worst comes to worst, hole up in the cool basement. In the winter we usually keep it about 70-72 depending on Dad's mood. I personally am always freezing to death, and the furnace doesn't seem to like pushing heat up to my bedroom, so I have a space heater and spoil myself rotten with about 78-80 degrees of cozy warmness.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Anirac » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:44 am

Back in Brazil, if it was hot outside, it was hot inside. Air conditioners are expensive :P besides, I hate breathing in conditioned air, it smells, it's dry and makes me sick. But for places that had air conditioning, such as the university and some bigger stores, the norm is often between 20 and 23 degrees C. Now in Canada we keep it at about 18 degrees C at home.
Anirac

Postby Furen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:18 pm

Ummm... we keep it at like.... 22 or something, but I stay in the basement, which can be hotter or colder depending on the dehumidifier.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sundown » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 pm

ClaecElric4God wrote:We don't run air conditioning in my house (and I'm pretty sure we have it, too, just never use it). If it's hot out we open doors and windows, run fans, and if worst comes to worst, hole up in the cool basement. In the winter we usually keep it about 70-72 depending on Dad's mood.

^ Same for my house, too.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Return to General