90 days to Christmas!

Talk about anything in here.

90 days to Christmas!

Postby Anisha93 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:58 pm

There is till 2 months and 24 days untill Christmas and I can't wait for it...So i was wondering ifwe could talk about what everyone does on Christmas and what they like the best about the season?
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Re: 90 days to Christmas!

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:17 pm

I love Christmas and everything that surrounds it! (Yes... even the Christmas music... I know I know (-.-) )
I love the Christmas story (not as much as Easter's story, but they're both exciting and crucial) but really, I'll say it's because I get to spend time with my family, and enjoying their company, the presents and food are just bonus :)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm looking more forward to Halloween. Cheap candy the day after!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:26 pm

Nate wrote:I'm looking more forward to Halloween. Cheap candy the day after!

Same reason to love February 15th, half price chocolate day ;)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Thunderscream872 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:25 pm

Love Christmas, but not quite as much as I did when I was younger and my family would indulge me with plastic action figures every year :grin: , but its still cool. Where I work, it means lots of overtime so I guess that's a good substitute for all the presents. Though, I think I'd give up the extra money for more time to sit at home and binge watch anime, or Dexter, or whatever I feel like (yeah, my life's not that interesting).

But, whatever, the food's good, there are pretty lights everywhere--its my favorite holiday. Usually I go with my family over my Grandma's house, and we eat, hang out, etc. It's cool. My mom always decorates our house with all kinds of stuff: wreaths, lights, Christmas tree (obliviously), etc., and we always watch Jingle All the Way at least once or twice.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Banana Lobster » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 pm

I love decorating the house/cookies/the tree, presents, the Christmas music, having fun with my family; you know, all that good stuff. :) Ooh, and sitting in front of the cozy woodstove. That's not entirely a 'Christmas' thing, but I'll probably be doing it Christmas morning. :lol:
Banana Lobster

Postby Anisha93 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:03 am

Since Halloween is not celebrated in India....no free candy. and feb 14 is sad cause everything is expensive as it is valentines. i love christmas because everyone is quite happy and lively. Also I like that fact that Christmas is anout giving. For me after Easter, it is the most imp happy time of the year.
"God works in strange ways. Sometimes you don't like it but hey! it works out in the end."

"There is no only one emotion in the world. If it is futile to say there is no hope it is equally futile to say there only despire.-" Shinrei Tantei Yakumo
Anisha93

Postby Anirac » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:15 pm

I like it because it's the birth of our Saviour. As for the holiday, I haven't had a Christmas that I can call "good". I stress easily and quickly. Just the thought of having to meet with a loud family, noisy children, and get gifts for everyone ruins everything... at those times I wish I could be a cat, so I can hide on top of a cupboard or inside a box somewhere. I am very much like a cat when it comes to family >.< I love you, but please stop touching me.
Anirac

Postby ClosetOtaku » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:43 pm

I have what I call the "100 Days". The 100 days start on September 29th and go through Epiphany (January 6). It's my favorite time of year, absolutely. Fall weather; football, and baseball playoffs; Halloween; my birthday; Thanksgiving; Advent; Christmas; and New Year's Day. It's the food, the music (I start playing Christmas carols and Handel's Messiah the weekend after Thanksgiving), the Christmas cards, setting up the tree and the decorations. It's planning our annual party -- "Advance the Year Marker", this will be our 8th year hosting -- where we get together with a couple dozen friends to play board games all day. Christmas decorations come down the day after Epiphany like clockwork.
ClosetOtaku

Postby Sundown » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:41 pm

I've always liked Christmas, not only for the decorations but also for the food, music, and the meaning behind it.
(Plus eggnog. What's not to love?)
Christmases aren't too exciting around here. On Christmas Eve, after our church service, we gather around the tree and open gifts from one another while watching A Christmas Story. We've seen the movie so many times we can quote it word for word, but it never gets old. :B
On Christmas Day, my little brothers smack me in the face with pillows until I wake up (or vice versa) and then we open presents from "Santa". One of my pets are usually forced into wearing a Santa hat somewhere along the line.
"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you will get neither." C.S. Lewis
Sundown

Postby Furen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Sundown wrote:(Plus eggnog. What's not to love?)

Ummm.... eggnog. It's icky (but I know lots of people like it, so I digress)

I forgot about church stuff :O On New Years Eve, we usually have a service, and now with the new family model we've been doing, I'd be shocked if we don't.
We usually had a comedy thing happen, and it was a mix of weird, creepy, and fantastically funny. But with all the changes in leadership, I don't know what we'll do (And then we get another pastor around/after that)

As per stuff that I do at home, it's always great, we always had both sets of grandparents to come over and we'd really just enjoy being with them, and we'd have a bunch of baking my mother made and stuff that she bought from bakeries. It's always just a pleasant calm day.
Furen

Return to General