A door? Psh, please. That's no barrier to me!

Talk about anything in here.

A door? Psh, please. That's no barrier to me!

Postby Sheenar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Finally caught a video of my cat Marzipan opening a door. :)

In one of my old apartments, she would break into the bathroom and steal things --and go stash them in my bedroom --a literal cat burglar. lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehc1KkOULio
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: A door? Psh, please. That's no barrier to me!

Postby Wolfsong » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:27 pm

LOL reminds me of the attempts mine made, so long ago...
Daang, now I miss him again... :sniffle:

Lol absolutely adorable, your cat...and darn clever XD
"Show me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Psalm 25:4-5

"Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.
The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.
Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.
Consider mine enemies; for they are many; and they hate me with cruel hatred.
O keep my soul, and deliver me: let me not be ashamed; for I put my trust in thee.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.
Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his troubles." Psalm 25: 16-22

Thank you. Have a good day.
Wolfsong

Postby Thunderscream872 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:34 pm

lol, your cat is actually pretty smart...can't say the same about mine. My cat's too lazy to even try to open the door herself. She just looks at me and cries until I open it, or just starts tearing the carpet up.
"NO BLOOD! NO BONE! NO ASH!"

“I don’t take orders from anybody. If there’s something I wanna do, I do it. If there’s something I don’t wanna do, I don’t do it. That’s the dandy way to live, and I’m Dandy. Do you get it?” - Space Dandy

MyAnimeList - Anime-Planet - A room with a moose
Thunderscream872

Postby Furen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:21 pm

That's one smart kitty. My cats just scratch on doorposts until they get what they want.

I recall seeing a cat who loved flushing the toilet, that was pretty funny, the same cat would also open doors.

:/ wait... doors + flushing toilet = high water bill
O.O uh oh...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Sheenar » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:09 am

Thankfully Marzipan has not yet learned to flush the toilet or turn on the faucet in the bathroom (she will sit next to the faucet and request for me to turn it on so she can get a drink, but thankfully she has not made the connection that all she has to do is pull the lever towards her to turn the water on.) :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Cat96 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:28 pm

That is so funny! It reminds me of how both my cats would learn to climb the ladder to my bed. Imagine waking up to see a little furry head popping up at the top of the ladder. :lol:

After the divorce, my cat Annie became extra close to me. She would cry at my bedroom door, wanting to be let in. Five minutes after I let her in, she'd want out. I eventually put a dog door in my bedroom door so I wouldn't have to get up so often. It look Annie no time at all to figure out how the dog door worked. :XD:
"While I live, I want to shine" -Grovyle (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Cat96

Return to General