In need of Mobile version of CAA

Talk about anything in here.

In need of Mobile version of CAA

Postby Yahshua » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:40 pm

With a lots of people on the smartphone and tablet computer I think that the Christian anime alliance is in need of the mobile version for the new computing devices.
Yahshua

Re: In need of Mobile version of CAA

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Works fine on iPad with no mods. Only improvement could be spoilers, but that's due to how highlighting works on the iPad.

Edit: to respond more throughly, CAA is all volunteer run. Phone app development, or making a phone friendly version would most likely prove rather time consuming, depending on what type of back end programming could be required. If you know someone who knows what it would take to make a mobile friendly version of the site, please have them contact us, so we'll have a more accurate view of the work required. (Essentially if the staff has to take a vacation from a paying job... It'll be much less likely to occur)

Posted from my iPad

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:44 pm

Tapatalk might work for this. It installs into the board software and allows an application to browse the forum.

Posted via Safari on my iPhone
Xeno

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:05 am

I'd be willing to donate a little to make this a thing. I'm sure we could round up some funding.
Reon

Postby Reon » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Been testing on my iPhone. It's actually not bad on mobile now.
Reon

Postby faithb4sight » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 am

Would probably be helpful to have an app, if only for the review section. I think a lot of people would appreciate it being easy to get to.

That said (other than having to zoom in) the site as a whole works pretty well on my iphone. As mechana2015 said, the spoilers are a little more difficult to work with as compared with a regular computer.
Image On the summit - even in the valley... God is good. I praise Him for all of everything.
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13
faithb4sight

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

The review section is a special case being something that was added to the site, but as I said above, if someone needs to take a vacation from a real job to make it mobile friendly... It'll be low on the to do list.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Dante » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Great, pretty soon, CAA will look like Twitter Bootstrap.
Dante

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:58 am

CAA will never look like any form of Twitter.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Xeno » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Dante wrote:Great, pretty soon, CAA will look like Twitter Bootstrap.

Where did you get this idea from? Mobile apps and mobile optimized versions of sites rarely look anything like Twitter.

Also, what's wrong with Twitter?
Xeno

Postby Dante » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 pm

Xeno wrote:
Dante wrote:Great, pretty soon, CAA will look like Twitter Bootstrap.

Where did you get this idea from? Mobile apps and mobile optimized versions of sites rarely look anything like Twitter.

It's a tease - twitter bootstrap is an css/sass/javascript framework for creating webpages. It's free and it happens to be designed for mobile development from the start.

http://getbootstrap.com/

It's really awesome, and admittedly, even I use it. However, the one major drawback of such a cheap (read: free), easy-to-use system is that everyone seems uses it resulting in an internet of webpages that look like they were created by the same guy. They weren't, they were just all created using Twitter Bootstrap.

As far as Twitter itself, they gave me a cool api and I don't use Twitter - so... given that I've done nothing for them and they've done something for me, I'm cool with them - even though, as a whole I dislike social media outside of forums.
Dante

Postby Xeno » Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Haha okay, that makes total sense now, thanks. Now I understand why nearly every mobile site has almost the same UX with very minimal UI changes.
Xeno

Return to General