No votes
Clementine
No votes
Other (Please Specify)
64%

Total votes: 11

Favorite Music Player

Postby drill » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:19 pm

Honestly, I was going through nearly every music player available for Windows, and I was just curious on what music player everyone uses for offline music. I personally found AIMP to fit my needs the best of any of the players; the only thing it really didn't do too well is notifications which I don't even use. Also, I tried to list every player that I found worth mentioning, but might have missed one.
drill

Re: Favorite Music Player

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Yeah we all know iTunes is sucky and dumb... but I use iTunes.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Xeno » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:10 am

Curious at to why iTunes actually isn't on this poll. I use it on my Mac partition and on Windows just because I subscribe to the iTunes Match service. Otherwise WinAmp is good on Windows for ~classic experience mode~ and Foobar2000 is also good if you're a spergy music nerd who needs to have all your music in ogg vorbis because the bits are important.
Xeno

Postby anlptgtsg » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 am

Well I use Windows Media Player.
anlptgtsg

Postby Warrior4Christ » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:37 am

I'm also curious as to why Windows Media Player isn't on here... I would even suggest it is more popular than 90% of those in your list. I haven't even heard of half of those in your list (I haven't actively been looking for alternative media players lately though).
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby ClaecElric4God » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:51 am

Windows Media Player.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby drill » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 am

Warrior4Christ wrote:I'm also curious as to why Windows Media Player isn't on here... I would even suggest it is more popular than 90% of those in your list. I haven't even heard of half of those in your list (I haven't actively been looking for alternative media players lately though).

Xeno wrote:Curious at to why iTunes actually isn't on this poll. I use it on my Mac partition and on Windows just because I subscribe to the iTunes Match service. Otherwise WinAmp is good on Windows for ~classic experience mode~ and Foobar2000 is also good if you're a spergy music nerd who needs to have all your music in ogg vorbis because the bits are important.

Well, besides the fact that I said that I might have missed one, I honestly, don't know anyone IRL that uses WMP or iTunes as their music player, so I forgot to put them in. And Im pretty sure if I put them in now then you still couldn't change your poll answer.
drill

Postby Kaori » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Winamp.

I do keep iTunes on my computer for syncing my iPod and in case I ever want to download something from iTunes U, but other than that I try to avoid it as much as possible.

I also have VLC, but I pretty much just use that for videos.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Okami » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 am

Next to Winamp I've never heard of any of these...

I use a mix of iTunes and Spotify.
Okami

Postby GeneD » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:31 am

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:Yeah we all know iTunes is sucky and dumb... but I use iTunes.

This, mostly because I'm too lazy to make playlists in another program after I've imported the music for my iPod. When I don't use iTunes though, I use VLC.
GeneD

Postby rocklobster » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 am

Pandora fan here.
rocklobster

Postby Midori » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:22 am

I use mplayer.

I'm a nerd.
Midori

Return to General