My First Vegan Thanksgiving

Talk about anything in here.

My First Vegan Thanksgiving

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:37 am

So, this year I'm celebrating my first vegan Thanksgiving. This February, I took up a plant based diet to work on my health (I lost 30lbs from diet change alone!). Although I do miss my meat, I did manage to still find some pretty good looking dishes. So here we go:

Saffron Mashed Potatoes

Roasted Pumpkin Soup

Braised tofu, quinoa, and veggies.

And of course, green bean casserole, and sweet potato pie. It's not Thanksgiving without that.

What do you think? :D
Mr. Rogers

Re: My First Vegan Thanksgiving

Postby Xeno » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:43 am

All of that looks incredibly delicious. I had a standard Thanksgiving dinner this year, but I do enjoy making vegan meals and dishes since they're healthy and can be very tasty.
Xeno

Postby Mr. Rogers » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:49 am

Xeno wrote:All of that looks incredibly delicious. I had a standard Thanksgiving dinner this year, but I do enjoy making vegan meals and dishes since they're healthy and can be very tasty.

Yeah. From eating a lot of "asian" food, I guess I was moving in that direction for a while anyway. I'm glad that there's a lot of recipes and sites like Yummly to help me not get boring. ;)
Mr. Rogers

Postby anlptgtsg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:47 am

I don't like vegetables. But the first and third pic looks okay for me to eat. Not sure about the taste though.
anlptgtsg

Postby ClaecElric4God » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:57 am

Mashed potatoes!!!! Seriously, I could go vegan if I could just have potatoes for the rest of my life.
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:54 am

Vegan thanksgiving?

Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Xeno » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:44 am

ClaecElric4God wrote:Mashed potatoes!!!! Seriously, I could go vegan if I could just have potatoes for the rest of my life.

Congratulations, you might be Irish.
Xeno

Postby Nate » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Do you use soy milk in the green bean casserole recipe? Just curious. I think I like meat too much to ever go vegan but at the very least I could eat my favorite Thanksgiving dish if I ever did!

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mr. Rogers » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Nate wrote:Do you use soy milk in the green bean casserole recipe? Just curious. I think I like meat too much to ever go vegan but at the very least I could eat my favorite Thanksgiving dish if I ever did!

I think I used coconut milk, but I think soy and almond would work too. Yeah, I don't think you need to be vegan to be healthy. Moderation and avoiding sugar are the main things.
Mr. Rogers

Return to General