Kickstarter/Crowdfunding #conspicuousconsumption

Talk about anything in here.

Kickstarter/Crowdfunding #conspicuousconsumption

Postby Davidizer13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

My brother just got a game he backed a while back on Kickstarter, which got me wondering if we had any other amateur venture capitalists around these parts?

For myself, I've got three that I've funded - The Agents, a competitive card game which should be showing up in the mail any day now; Barkley 2 (I'm not going to type in the whole name), an action RPG vidcon cooked up by the wackos at Tales of Game's (sic) that should be showing up early-mid 2014; and Double Fine's generational tactical RPG, Massive Chalice (coming late next year!).

So what about all of you? Got anything you've got money on that you're waiting to get done? Found any cool/stupid ones you want to show the world?
Davidizer13

Re: Kickstarter/Crowdfunding #conspicuousconsumption

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Ante Bellum

Postby Peanut » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:07 pm

I've supported Hyperlight Drifter (eh just watch the video for yourself), Shroud of the Avatar (spiritual successor to the Ultima games made by Lord British himself), and the new Five Iron Frenzy album which I just got the early download for and stuff. I also would have supported Shadows of the Eternal if that crowdfunding campaign wasn't so poorly run.
Peanut

Postby QtheQreater » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:14 pm

The new Five Iron Frenzy album. Now I'm just waitin' for them to ship me my vinyl.
The sometime President of the Goof Off!

Image Image
QtheQreater

Postby ClosetOtaku » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:40 pm

I've backed 23 Kickstarter projects. 2 were cancelled or didn't make funding. I've received 10. Of the rest, I think all but one are likely to come through. (The last one is mired in some legal problems in both the U.S. and Canada that won't be resolved for quite a while). Most are boardgames, although four are manga/anime related. I'm satisfied with the quality of most the products I've received so far.
ClosetOtaku

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:50 am

I crowdfunded 2 games, one for this year and one for next, one being the Warmachine: Tactics game (xcom style), and the other being Starbound.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Vilo159 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:30 am

I've funded an ocarina album by David Ramos, which I haven't received yet, and LOTH hoodies, which I haven't gotten either but definitely look forward to. Not exactly mainstream projects, but still fun.
Vilo159

Return to General