Texas is melting

Talk about anything in here.

Texas is melting

Postby Sheenar » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:55 pm

And I'm giving thought to hibernating for the summer. :P

It hit 107*F today. ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN. In JUNE!

We normally don't see temps past 100*F until August! The fact that it is already getting this hot this early in the summer tells me this is going to be one brutal summer!

I've had to, sadly, abandon watering the garden because, even at 7:30 or 8:00 at night, it is still in the mid-90s outside. It is currently 87*F at 9:57 pm. I'm not able to water after dark due to lack of enough lighting. I last watered on Thursday, I think, and it was 96*F at 7:30 pm.

Someone send some cool weather our way! And rain! We are still a bit behind on rainfall this year. Send rain to Colorado as well!
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Re: Texas is melting

Postby Vilo159 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:25 pm

106 today in southern Cali. I feel you.
Vilo159

Postby Rewin » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:08 am

We have nothing less than a 100 in the forecast here in central california. I just hope it means that winter will get here earlier.
Rewin

Postby SierraLea » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:33 am

We're in the 80's. But before you get insanely jealous, think about the fact that it was in the fifties with pouring rain earlier in the week.
SierraLea

Postby ClaecElric4God » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 am

I feel bad now. We have absolutely perfect weather here. It's been hot for June, but nothing unbearable. I could complain about the rain (it's been super dreary for the last week or so), but that would be incredibly stupid and insensitive. This is perfect weather for the corn to grow! Hopefully you get some rain sooner than later, Sheenar!
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? -Micah 6:8 KJV
They have shewed thee, O teen, what is good; and what doth the world require of thee, but to fit in, be wealthy, have good looks, and be rebellious? -Peer Pressure 1:1
"I hate milk; it's like drinking vomit." -Edward Elric and me. :fmed:

ClaecElric4God in regards to Wolfsong - You're the coolness scraped off the top of this morning's ice cream, after being pulled out of a beautiful summer day!
ClaecElric4God

Location: By the time you read this, I'll probably be somewhere else...

Postby Panda4christ:3 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:40 am

It's been nothing but rainy weather lately. But knowing where i live it'll probably bump up to 110 in no time flat ._.
"People need fear, we experience it so we can grow stronger"-Maka Albarn
Panda4christ:3

Location: There are some things you should just keep to yourself

Postby Sheenar » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Might *possibly* get a little rain on Thursday. We really need it, but hopefully it won't put a damper on the fireworks.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General